Roads appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Few black taxis drive up major roads on quiet hazy nights. (47 letters)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun roads
- Phrases with Roads
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roads
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roads
- Photos about Roads
- Video language resources about Roads
- Quotes about Roads
- Scrabble value of R1O1A1D2S1
- Anagrams of ROADS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun roads
What does roads mean as a name of something?
- a partly sheltered anchorage
- examples: It has been raining. The roads are wet. | On bad roads this little car really comes into its own. | Go straight up the street for about 100 meters, and you will get to the junction of three roads. | The roads are jammed with cars. | All the roads leading into the city are full of cars. | The broad lines on the map correspond to roads. | More roads were made, and the countryside was divided into lots. | Either of these roads leads to the station. | There's a lot of traffic on the roads around this time of the day. | The roads are very crowded at this time of the day.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonym of roads: roadstead
- more generic terms: anchorage / anchorage ground = place for vessels to anchor
Roads is a Canadian pop rock band from Montreal. Their debut album, Remember Today, is set to launch on October 26, 2010.
- "Roads" is the debut studio album by American recording artist Chris Mann, released on October 30, 2012, by Universal Republic. Mann participated in the season two of the singing reality show The Voice, ultimately placing fourth, but being the first of the second season to release an album. The album was produced by Keith Thomas, Marco Marinangeli, Marius de Vries, Walter Afanasieff and others.
- "Roads" is a composition.
- "Roads" is a musical single of Lawson.
- released on
- "Roads" is a musical album of Steve Shehan.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Roads" is a musical album of Craicdown.
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Roads" is a musical album of General Lee.
- "Roads" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Carline Van Roos
"Roads" is a short novel by author Seabury Quinn. It was published by Arkham House in 1948 in an edition of 2,137 copies. It was Arkham House's first illustrated book and the author's first hardcover.
- language: English Language
- genres: Fantasy, Fiction
- released in (67 years ago)
- "Roads" is a 2013 LGBT drama short film written and directed by Denisse Quintero.
- "Roads" is a 2008 short drama film written and directed by Lior Geller.
- also known as Caminos
- country: Israel
- producer: Lior Geller
- production design by Odelia Lavie
- written by Lior Geller
- casting by Lianne Novak
- cinematography by Nadav Hekselman
- edited by Amit Ginton
- music by Erez Koskas
- costume design by Yum Coman
- genre: Drama
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Roads" is a 2002 German documentary film, written and directed by Marat Magambetow.
Phrases with Roads
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roads
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Shadows of a Mountain Lion (2012)
by Mikki Terzian
As with all farmed acreage,there areaccess roads. The agriculturalplots that are in a clay based soil have decomposed granite as road material. Alongside the roads is a clay loam soil type that is beneficial for ...
The Emperor Far Away (2014)
Travels at the Edge of China by David Eimer
Repairing roads is an easy, cheap way for ...
Carthusian Spirituality (1997)
The Writings of Hugh of Balma and Guigo de Ponte by Dennis D. Martin
Roads refers to the yearnings by which loving souls living in earthly bodies are raised beyond all reason and understanding to God and to the celestial city Jerusalem. These pathways are said to mourn because no one pays attention to the ...
A Concise Dictionary of the Principal Roads, Chief Towns and Villages of Japan, with Population, Post Offices, Etc (1889)
Together with Lists of Ken, Kuni, Kōri, and Railways by Willis Norton Whitney
Roads. IMPERIAL, PREFECTURAL AND VILLAGE. Abbreviations: — imp. imperial; pref. prefectural; rd. road; temp- temporary j au asterisk (*) denotes that the distance given has not been actually surveyed. A AKI Tsuwano (Shimane) to ...
by T. E. Daniel-Kagbare
Total 200,000 100 Federal roads account for more than ...
by Ian McNeil
Before men began building roads, there were merely tracks, sometimes deliberately cleared but more often worn by repeated passageof man and hisdomesticated animals from one place to another. Insandy country tracksstarted by such traffic ...
Containing a Description of the Several Counties, Towns, Villages, Settlements, Roads, Rivers, Springs, Mines, & C. in the State of Ohio ; Alphabetically Arranged by John Kilbourn
Principki Roads Across the ...
Containing a Description of the Several Counties, Towns, Villages, Settlements, Roads, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks, and Springs, in the State of Indiana by John Scott, James Scott
Containing a Description of the Several Counties, Towns, Villages, Settlements, Roads, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks, and Springs, in the State of Indiana John Scott, James Scott. CONTAINING A LIST OF NEWSPAPERS IN THE STATE OF INDIANA) ...
by John A. Beck
Roman roads had carefully excavated and filled roadbeds designed to keep the road stable and dry. They culminated in a level, paved surface that allowed for quick deployment of Roman soldiers and that facilitated trade. The typical road of ...
by Terry Breverton
Usage of the wheel for longdistance transport was delayed because smooth roads are needed forwheels tobe effective. Carryinggoods on theback was thepreferred methodof transportation over surfaces that contained many obstacles.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roads
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roads
Click on an item to view that photo:
There are no insignificant roads, only insignificant journeys...
Photo credit: kevin dooley
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Roads
Click on an item to play that video:
- Learn Vocabulary and Pronunciation English Lesson 33: Roads
This new vocabulary and pronunciation lesson will help you learn new word through interesting lessons of a bizarre nature. Your host, Teacher Phil, is an ...
- Pave Roads First.Com explanation and Visual experience of ar
- Explanation on lack of identified roads
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Landscaping work for roads and motorways
- LANGUAGE BUSTERS Cigarettes,Racism, Jungle Roads Christophe Clugston
- Bad roads and foreign language
- Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Motor Registry Ticket Queue Machine Tongan Language Option
This ticket queue machine at Ingleburn provides an option for Tongan.
- ESL - Science & Technology - Toyota begins testing Winglet on public roads - Future Questions
To join a class...
See also the pronunciation examples of Roads!
Quotes about Roads
Each year over 2,500 commercial vessels enter the Port of Hampton Roads alone, so adequate funding for port security is a significant issue for those of us who live in Richmond and Hampton Roads. (Bobby Scott)
more quotes about roads...
Scrabble value of R1O1A1D2S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ROADS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Roads!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Roads to see it in context!