Rock appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Black Rock Brain Lock
- Real rock wall, real rock wall, real rock wall
- Round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascal ran.
Rock appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- So attack KC or rock KC at Taos.
- Play my rock cartel title track, Cory: "My Alp".
- Wont serotonin K.C. ordered rock Nino to rest now?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun rock:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb rock:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun rock
- Definition of the verb rock
- Phrases with Rock
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rock
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rock
- Photos about Rock
- Videos about Rock
- Sign language
- Quotes about Rock
- Scrabble value of R1O1C3K5
- Anagrams of ROCK
- Share this page
Rock is sometimes a misspelling of woke.
The word rock is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun rock
What does rock mean as a name of something?
Rock is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: rocks
- a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- example: he threw a rock at me
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of rock: stone
- more generic term: natural object = an object occurring naturally
- more specific terms:
- achondrite = a stony meteor lacking chondrules
- bedrock = solid unweathered rock lying beneath surface deposits of soil
- boulder / bowlder = a large smooth mass of rock detached from its place of origin
- concretion / calculus = a hard lump produced by the concretion of mineral salts
- chondrite = a rock of meteoric origin containing chondrules
- clastic rock = a rock composed of broken pieces of older rocks
- crystallization / crystal = a rock formed by the solidification of a substance; has regularly repeating internal structure
- intrusion = rock produced by an intrusive process
- rock outcrop / outcropping / outcrop = the part of a rock formation that appears above the surface of the surrounding land
- pebble = a small smooth rounded rock
- petrifaction = a rock created by petrifaction
- sill = a flat (usually horizontal) mass of igneous rock between two layers of older sedimentary rock
- stepping stone = a stone in a marsh or shallow water that can be stepped on in crossing
- tor = a prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill
- wall rock = a rock immediately adjacent to a vein or fault
- whinstone / whin = any of various hard colored rocks
- xenolith = a piece of rock of different origin from the igneous rock in which it is embedded
- material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- example: that mountain is solid rock
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of rock: stone
- more generic words: material / stuff = the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- more specific terms:
- quartzite = hard metamorphic rock consisting essentially of interlocking quartz crystals
- road metal = broken rock used for repairing or making roads
- sedimentary rock = rock formed from consolidated clay sediments
- sial = the granitelike rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust
- sima = rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust
- metamorphic rock = rock altered by pressure and heat
- crushed rock / gravel = rock fragments and pebbles
- caliche = nitrate-bearing rock or gravel of the sodium nitrate deposits of Chile and Peru
- shingling = sediment in which flat pebbles are uniformly tilted in the same direction
- pumice stone / pumice = a light glass formed on the surface of some lavas
- aphanite = fine-grained homogeneous rock (such as basalt) containing minerals undetectable by the naked eye
- claystone = fine-grained rock consisting of compacted clay particles
- dolomite = a kind of sedimentary rock resembling marble or limestone but rich in magnesium carbonate
- emery stone / emery rock = a mixture of emery dust and a binder
- pudding stone / conglomerate = a composite rock made up of particles of varying size
- fieldstone = stone that occurs naturally in fields
- greisen = a granitic rock composed of quartz and mica
- calc-tufa / tufa = a soft porous rock consisting of calcium carbonate deposited from springs rich in lime
- magma = molten rock in the earth's crust
- igneous rock = rock formed by the solidification of molten magma
- limestone = a sedimentary rock consisting mainly of calcium that was deposited by the remains of marine animals
- marble = a hard crystalline metamorphic rock that takes a high polish
- matrix = a mass of fine-grained rock in which fossils, crystals, or gems are embedded
- substance: mineral = solid homogeneous inorganic substances occurring in nature having a definite chemical composition
- United States gynecologist and devout Catholic who conducted the first clinical trials of the oral contraceptive pill (1890-1984)
- (figurative) someone who is strong and stable and dependable
- hard bright-colored stick candy (typically flavored with peppermint)
- a genre of popular music originating in the 1950s; a blend of black rhythm-and-blues with white country-and-western
- example: rock is a generic term for the range of styles that evolved out of rock'n'roll.
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of rock: rock 'n' roll / rock and roll / rock music / rock'n'roll / rock-and-roll
- more generic terms: popular music / popular music genre = any genre of music having wide appeal
- more specific terms:
- heavy metal music / heavy metal = loud and harsh sounding rock music with a strong beat
- progressive rock / art rock = a style of rock music that emerged in the 1970s; associated with attempts to combine rock with jazz and other forms
- psychedelic rock / acid rock = a musical style that emerged in the 1960s
- punk rock / punk = rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation
- part: backbeat = a loud steady beat
- pitching dangerously to one side
Alternative definition of the noun rock
- [uncountable] The naturally occurring aggregate of solid mineral matter that constitutes a significant part of the earth's crust.
- synonym: stone
- A mass of stone projecting out of the ground or water.
- synonym: cliff
- A boulder or large stone.
- A large hill or island having no vegetation.
- [figuratively] Something that is strong, stable, and dependable; a person who provides security or support to another.
- [geology] Any natural material with a distinctive composition of minerals.
- [slang] A precious stone or gem, especially a diamond.
- A lump or cube of ice.
- [British, uncountable] A type of confectionery made from sugar in the shape of a stick, traditionally having some text running through its length.
- [US, slang] A crystalized lump of crack cocaine.
- synonym: crack
- [US, slang] An unintelligent person, especially one who repeats mistakes.
- [context: South Africa, slang, derogatory] An Afrikaner.
- synonym: Afrikaner
- [US, slang] In poker, an extremely conservative player who is willing to play only the very strongest hands.
- An act of rocking.
- A style of music characterized by basic drum-beat, generally 4/4 riffs, based on (usually electric) guitar, bass guitar, drums, and vocals.
- [countable] distaff
- synonym: distaff
- [uncountable] The flax or wool on a distaff.
Specialised definition of the noun rock
Glossary of sports / basketball
the ball, especially in the phrase shoot the rock (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- usage: slang
Glossary of sports / curling
the curling stone
Glossary of sports / darts
a short dart; speed dart
Definition of the verb rock
What does rock mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: rocked | rocking | rocks
- move back and forth or sideways
- examples: the ship was rocking | She rocked back and forth on her feet
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula Verbs with the same syntax [Agent - being] [Verb] Sylvia fidgeted Verbs of Body-Internal Motion: buck, fidget, flap, gyrate, jiggle, kick, squirm, sway, teeter, totter, twitch, waggle, wiggle, wobble, wriggle [Agent - being] [Verb] [Patient] into [Oblique, state] Sylvia fidgeted herself into a tizzy there [Verb] [Theme, indefinite] There fluttered a flag (over the fort) Verbs of Existence: bob, bow, creep, dance, drift, eddy, falter, flap, float, flutter, hover, jiggle, joggle, oscillate, pulsate, quake, quiver, revolve, roil, rotate, shake, stir, sway, swirl, teeter, throb, totter, tremble, undulate, vacillate, vibrate, waft, wave, waver, wiggle, wobble, writhe [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Theme] The patriots waved the flag [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] A flag fluttered [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] [Locative Preposition] [Location] A flag fluttered over the fort | Bees are swarming in the garden [Locative Preposition] [Location] [Verb] [Theme] In the aquarium swam a striped fish | Over the fort fluttered a flag
- lexical domain: Motions - verbs of walking, flying, swimming
- synonyms of rock: shake / sway
- more generic term: move back and forth = move in one direction and then into the opposite direction
- more specific words:
- cause to move back and forth
- Rock a.k.a. Barack Obama: Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States, and the first African American to hold the office. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree. He worked as a civil rights attorney and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.
- read more about Barack Obama
- Rock a.k.a. Mitch Richmond: Mitchell James "Mitch" Richmond is a retired American professional basketball player in the National Basketball Association. He played collegiately at Moberly Area Community College and Kansas State University. He was a six-time NBA All-Star a five-time All-NBA Team member and a former NBA Rookie of the Year. In 976 NBA games, Richmond averaged 21.0 points per game and 3.5 assists per game. Richmond was voted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2014. His nicknames include "The Rock." His jersey No. 2 was retired in his honor by the Sacramento Kings, for whom he played seven seasons. He was on the cover of the video game NBA Live 97.
- read more about Mitch Richmond
- Rock: Jamal Bush, better known by his stage name Rock, is an American rapper, famous as a member of hip hop collective Boot Camp Clik and the duo Heltah Skeltah along with Ruck. He is known for his deep, grimy voice and having a sophisticated and rugged flow. After releasing two albums with Heltah Skeltah, Nocturnal and Magnum Force, Rock left Duck Down Records and pursued a solo career. He signed to DJ Lethal's Lethal Records and recorded a solo album titled Planet Rock, which was never released after the label folded. He didn't make an appearance on the Clik's 2002 group album The Chosen Few, being the only member of the "Great 8" not to appear. He made his official return to Duck Down in 2005, making appearances on Sean Price's Monkey Barz album and Smif-N-Wessun's Smif 'N' Wessun: Reloaded album. He's performed songs for a variety of video games including "I Am Rock" for Need for Speed: Most Wanted, "This Is Me" for Blitz The League II and "I Am Rock" for NFL Street 2. He and the Boot Camp released their third group album, The Last Stand, on July 18, 2006.
- Rock a.k.a. Richard Lee Jackson is an American actor and musician.
- read more about Richard Lee Jackson (actor)
- Rock a.k.a. Rocco is an actor and a film producer, director and score composer.
- read more about Rocco (actor)
- Rock is an actor.
- Rock a.k.a. Yul 'Rock' Brynner II: Yul 'Rock' Brynner II is a historian, teacher, novelist and actor.
- read more about Yul 'Rock' Brynner II (novelist)
- Rock a.k.a. L-stadt: L.Stadt is a Polish band, playing rock music with elements of surf rock, country and psychedelic rock. It was founded in Łódź in 2003 and named after the city's name under the Nazi occupation, Litzmannstadt. The band has released two studio albums, L.Stadt and EL.P, and an extended play You Gotta Move.
- read more about L-stadt
- Rock a.k.a. Vivian is a musical group.
- read more about Vivian
- Rock a.k.a. Fiend is a musical group.
- read more about Fiend
- Rock a.k.a. DimmZ is a musical group.
- read more about DimmZ
There are other groups with in their name, like Rock's, Ac•Rock, Pop rock, Evil Rock, Fado Rock, Kota-Rock, Lion Rock, Love Rock, Mama Rock, Punk rock, Rock City, Rock Gaià, Rock Hole, Rock Star, Rock!!!!!, Rock'o'Co, šank Rock, Sham Rock, Slop Rock and Alice Rock.
Rock is a recurrent major character in most of Osamu Tezuka's manga series, and he is an important part of Osamu Tezuka's Star System. As all of Tezuka's main characters he is seen repeatedly in different works but differs as the character with the most various and changing roles from both hero and antihero.
- also known as Rokuro Makube, Rock Macbeth, Rock Holmes
- occupation: Detective
- created by Osamu Tezuka & Yasuhiro Nakura
- in films:
- "Rock" a.k.a. "The Rock" is a 1996 action film that primarily takes place on Alcatraz Island and in the San Francisco Bay Area. It was directed by Michael Bay, produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer and stars Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage and Ed Harris. The film is dedicated to Simpson, who died five months before its release. The film received generally favorable reviews from critics and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing at the 69th Academy Awards.
- also known as 絕地任務
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Don Simpson & Jerry Bruckheimer
- executive producers: Louis A. Stroller, Sean Connery, William Stuart
- production design by Michael White
- art direction by Mark Mansbridge & Edward T. McAvoy
- written by Douglas S. Cook, Mark Rosner, David Weisberg
- based on a story by David Weisberg & Douglas S. Cook
- Sean Connery as John Patrick Mason
- Nicolas Cage as Dr. Stanley Goodspeed
- Ed Harris as Brigadier General Francis X. Hummel, USMC
- John Spencer as FBI Director James Womack
- David Morse as Major Tom Baxter
- William Forsythe as Special Agent Ernest Paxton
- Michael Biehn as Commander Anderson
- Vanessa Marcil as Carla Pestalozzi
- John C. McGinley as Marine Captain Hendrix
- Gregory Sporleder as Captain Frye
- Tony Todd as Captain Darrow
- Bokeem Woodbine as Sergeant Crisp
- Jim Maniaci as Private Scarpetti
- Greg Collins as Private Gamble
- Brendan Kelly as Private Cox
- Steve Harris as Private McCoy
- Danny Nucci as Lieutenant Shephard
- Claire Forlani as Jade Angelou
- Anthony Ward Clark
- Jim Caviezel
- casting by Billy Hopkins & Heidi Levitt
- cinematography by John Schwartzman
- edited by Richard Francis-Bruce
- music by Nick Glennie-Smith, Hans Zimmer
- costume design by Bobbie Read
- set decoration by Rosemary Brandenburg
- locations: Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, San Pedro, Ventura, Fairmont San Francisco, Civic Center, Potrero Hill
- genres: Thriller, Action Film, Buddy film, Action Thriller
- dedicated by to Don Simpson
- Alcatraz. Only one man has ever broken out. Now five million lives depend on two men breaking in.
- America is Rocking!
- Get ready to rock!
- Cocked, locked, and Ready to Rock!
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (19 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- MTV Movie Award for Best Action Sequence (Yellow Ferrari's Chase through San Francisco) nomination for Michael Bay
- MTV Movie Award for Best Movie
- MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo nomination for Nicolas Cage & Sean Connery
- Saturn Award for Best Music nomination for Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams, Nick Glennie-Smith
- MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo, received by Nicolas Cage & Sean Connery
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Supporting Actor - Action/Adventure, received by Sean Connery
- "Rock" a.k.a. "Paarai" is a 2003 Tamil language motion picture directed by K. S. Ravikumar. The music was composed by Sabesh Murali. The film a remake of Malayalam film Mahayanam was released in 13 June 2003.
- read more about Paarai
- "Rock" is a 1988 film directed by Alexej Utschitelj.
- "Rock" is the third studio album by French nu metal band Pleymo. Released on October 27, 2003, the album sees the band shifting towards a more melodic musical style which is less aggressive than their previous releases. Rock is a concept album about a four-year old blind boy and his imaginary twin.
- genre: Nu metal
- released in (12 years ago)
- "ROCK" is a musical album of SEXY-SYNTHESIZER.
- also known as ROCK-SPECIAL EDITION-
- released on
- "Rock" a.k.a. "Rock!!!!!" is an album released by Violent Femmes in 1995. It was originally released only in Australia, but is now available in the rest of the world. It features cover photography by David LaChapelle. This was the first Violent Femmes album not to chart on the Billboard 200 since 1984's Hallowed Ground.
- "Rock" is a 1997 compilation album by Vasco Rossi.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Rock" is the second recorded work by the band Casting Pearls.
- genre: Christian rock
- released on (13 years ago)
- "ROCK" is a musical album of Kaela Kimura.
- released on
- "Rock" is a musical album of Surrogat.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Rock" is a single by Akon.
- "Rock" is a musical album of The Everly Brothers.
- released on
- "Rock" is a musical album of Clair Obscur.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Rock" is a musical album of The Drifters.
- released on
- "Rock" is a musical album of Shirley & Lee.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Rock" is a musical single of AK4711.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Rock" a.k.a. "Rock!" is a composition.
- "Rock" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Stefan Dettl
- "Rock" is a musical album of Fate.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Rock" is a musical album of Café con Leche.
- Rock is a coastal village in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is opposite Padstow on the northeast bank of the River Camel estuary. The village is in the civil parish of St Minver Lowlands about 4 miles north west of Wadebridge.
- Rock is an unincorporated community in Cowley County, Kansas, United States.
- Rock is a village and civil parish in the Wyre Forest District of Worcestershire, England, which lies south-west of Bewdley. It had a population of 2,366 in 2001.
- Rock is a town in Wood County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 856 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated communities of Lindsey and Nasonville are located in the town.
- Rock is a small village in east County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. The village derives its name from a stone quarry on the site, which operated in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. A Mass Rock exists in Tullyodonnel, half a mile from the village.
- also known as Rock, County Tyrone
- part of United Kingdom
- Rock a.k.a. Rock, Michigan: Rock is an unincorporated community in Delta County, Michigan, United States. Rock is located in Maple Ridge Township along M-35 and the Canadian National Railway, 16.5 miles north-northwest of Gladstone. Rock has a post office with ZIP code 49880.
- read more about Rock, Michigan
- Rock is a town in Rock County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 3,338 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Afton is in the town of Rock.
- Rock a.k.a. Rock, West Virginia: Rock is an unincorporated community in Mercer County, West Virginia, United States. Rock is located along West Virginia Route 71 2 miles northeast of Montcalm. Rock has a post office with ZIP code 24747.
- read more about Rock, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like 30 Rock, Bee Rock, Big Rock, New Rock, Red Rock, Rock Elm, Rock Gap, Rock Gym, Rock Oak, Rock Run, Spy Rock, Two Rock, Alum Rock, Arch Rock, Bell Rock, Blue Rock, Cove Rock, Crow Rock, East Rock.
Rock is a type of hard stick-shaped boiled sugar confectionery most usually flavoured with peppermint or spearmint. It is commonly sold at tourist resorts in the United Kingdom; in Ireland in seaside towns such as Bray and Strandhill; in Gibraltar; in Denmark in towns such as Løkken and Ebeltoft; and in Sydney and Tasmania, Australia.
- Rock was a multithreading, multicore, SPARC microprocessor developed at Sun Microsystems. Now canceled, it was a separate development from the SPARC T-Series family of processors.
- also known as Rock processor
- Rock was a Yugoslav music magazine, published from 1982 to 1990.
- Rock a.k.a. Rock! is a TV program, begun on (6 years ago).
- country: Netherlands
- Rock is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Rock
Phrases starting with the word Rock:
Phrases ending with the word Rock:
- to rock
- art rock
- Pop rock
- The Rock
- acid rock
- Alum Rock
- Folk rock
- Glam rock
- Hard rock
- john rock
View more phrases with the word Rock in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Soil survey (1980)
by United States Bureau of Chemistry and Soils, United States. Bureau of Plant Industry, United States. Bureau of Plant Industry, Soils, and Agricultural Engineering, United States. Soil Conservation Service, United States. Natural Resources Conservation Service
Erosion is a hazard, and the depth to rock is a limitation. Terraces and grassed waterways...
by Jack Verducci
New England wall rock is a flat, gray stone with rounded edges. Since it does not have a lot of strata, it would...
The main disadvantage to feather rock is that it is very sharp when freshly quarried or cut. Some of the sharpness erodes with time, ...
The Rock is a material God whose substance may always be...
Annual Report of the Regents (1898)
by New York State Museum
rock is a coarse feldspathic gneiss, that on the north wall being somewhat more quartzose. The rock strikes N. 'S0C E. Near the west end of the main cut is an olivine camptonite dike six feet wide, which cuts across the ore- body. The ore was ...
by Heinrich Ries
rock is a coarse feldspathic gneiss, that on the north wall being somewhat more quartzose. The rock strikes N. 30e E. Near the west end of the main cut is an olivine camptonite dike six feet wide, which cuts across the ore- body. The ore was ...
The Flag Fen Basin (2013)
Archaeology and environment of a Fenland landscape by Francis Pryor
The rock is a silicified quartz arenite. Quern 27 Abundant, well rounded, sub- spherical and well sorted sand grains are contained in a continuous spurry calcite (sparite) cement. The sand grains are typically e D.5mm diameter but range from ...
The Geology of New Hampshire (1877)
A Report Comprising the Results of Explorations Ordered by the Legislature by New Hampshire. Geological Survey, 1868-1878
In the first outcrop, about three fourths of a mile south of the north line of Northumberland, the rock is a feldspathic quartz schist. On the hill east there are large crystals of feldspar. At Groveton and half a mile west we find a chloritic feldspathic ...
by Mary McCarthy
The Cradle Will Rock is a kind of well-drilled assault on the feelings and nerves of its audience. What is presented is not so much the workers versus the bosses in Steeltown, U.S.A., as Mr. Blitzstein versus the ticket-holders in the Mercury ...
by Collier Cobb
"It is composed of quartz grains, to whose interlocking it is supposed to owe its flexibility; of muscovite, talc, and few other minerals, and has been regarded as the mother rock of the Brazilian diamonds." Jasper (Gr. iaspis, a precious stone of ...
Pop, Rock, and Worship by Don Cusic
Pop, Rock, and Worship Don Cusic. Guide. to. Related. Topics. Preface '' Contemporary Christian music is part of the music business, xi. Biographical Information on Call, The Individual Performers Camp, Steve Adams, Yolanda Candle aka ...
Volume 12: Music by Bill C. Malone
Bertrand, Race, Rock, and ...
by Editorial Staff, State History Publications, LLC
Rock Mill is a representation of the early-19th-century grist milling industry, one of the earliest and most predominant businesses. The complex includes the mill building, dam site, mill race, and man-made features in the sandstone gorge ...
Worldview, Symbolism, and Culture in Africa, Oceania, and North America by Hope B. Werness
by Nancy Capace
During the Civil War, Rock Hill became a point of transfer for Confederate troops and military supplies. Only one slight skirmish occurred in the village, when a detachment of Stoneman's cavalry came down from Charlotte to destroy bridges ...
by Rolf H. J. Schlegel
very gently sloping, gently sloping, sloping, flat, strongly sloping, Crop agriculture Parent material Rock type Depth Size classes Flooding Groundwater depth Groundwater quality Color Texture Texture classes Weathering moderately steep, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rock
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ana Sofia Guerreirinho
Photo credit: Amanjeev
Uluru. Northern Territory.
Photo credit: blachswan
Photo credit: jlstiles24
Photo credit: Corentin Dérory
Photo credit: jerryluo0520
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
Week 6 - Rock (Preliminary)
Photo credit: ThrasherDave
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Rock
Click on an item to play that video:
- How to Understand Climbing Terminology | Rock Climbing
Rockin' Rock Climbing Commodities Momentum Climbing Harness...
- Steve Jordan EXPLANATION OF ROCK 'N' ROLL
This video is about Steve Jordan EXPLANATION OF ROCK 'N' ROLL. Steve giving us a brief history of Rock 'n' Roll. Knowledge was definitely presented!
- Overview of Rock Climbing Terminology
To View the Next Video in this Series Please...
- American Slang & Idioms - ROCK THE BOAT
- Small Rock Throw: Physics Homework - Explanation and Answer
Problem: A small rock is thrown vertically upward with a speed of 12m/s from the edge of the roof of a 34m tall building. The rock doesn't hit the building on its ...
- Sedimentary rock Meaning
Video shows what sedimentary rock means. one of the major groups of rock that makes up the crust of the Earth; formed by the deposition of either the ...
- Metamorphic rock Meaning
Video shows what metamorphic rock means. one of the major groups of rock that makes up the crust of the Earth; consists of pre-existing rock mass in which new ...
- Rock Stress Terminology
Rock Stress Terminology There is no internationally agreed terminology for words describing the state of stress in a rock mass (Hudson et al. 2003). In this video ...
- Alternative Rock meaning and pronunciation
An umbrella term used to describe a style of music that emerged in the late 80's and early 90's. Alternative Rock is usually characterized by bands who have a ...
- Rock Rhythm Guitar Lesson - #19 Chord Vocabulary - Survival Guide - Angus Clark
Full Course w/ Tab & Jams...
- Jargon Party - Surf Rock Anthem Number 7
The first single and first music video from Jargon Party! Surf Rock Anthem Number 7. Filmed by Jason Bosch of Red Stallion Media...
- Rock and roll Meaning
Video shows what rock and roll means. A genre of popular music that evolved in the 1950s from a combination of rhythm and blues and country music, ...
- Rock paper scissors Meaning
Video shows what rock paper scissors means. A popular children's game using three hand signs representing rock, paper and scissors, frequently used as a ...
- Hydor 1500 pump and live rock explanation !! Cycling saltwater tank
Saltwater tank 55gal aiptasia live rock reef tank.
- Pyroclastic rock Meaning
Video shows what pyroclastic rock means. Any rock formed by the accumulation of fragmented volcanic material (pyroclasts) ejected during explosive eruptions.
- Progressive Rock meaning and pronunciation
Greatly under-aprreciated form of art. Adds elements of jazz, classical and avant-grade forms of music to come up with something new and original. Progressive ...
- Rock lobster Meaning
Video shows what rock lobster means. A crustacean of the family Palinuridae.. rock lobster synonyms: spiny lobster. Rock lobster Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Rock tape explanation
- Rock and Roll Adverbs - Adverb Song - Grammar Rock
Download this video, song, worksheets and more!
- Grammar Rock "Verb"
Since 1973 Creator David McCall has helped people who want to learn proper English by developing short films like this one. This video helps us understand ...
- A Noun is a Person Place or Thing Schoolhouse Rock
A Noun is a Person Place or Thing Schoolhouse Rock.
- Grammar Rock "Adjective"
An excellent video created by David McCall, explaining an adjective.
- Schoolhouse Rock Grammar Rock A Noun is a Person Place or Thing
Schoolhouse Rock - America Rock.
- Schoolhouse Rock Live! - Verb That's What's Happening
Schoolhouse Rock Live! at the Weidner Center on November 8, 2014.
- Giant Rock Vortex Light Language Transmission
The Lyran-Sirian Council delivers a light language transmission from Giant Rock, CA...
- Schoolhouse Rock: Verb- That's What's Happenin Backwards
- School House Rock! - Verb (CYT KC North)
A clip from Christian Youth Theater's production of School House Rock put on by the Kansas City North area. Filmed February 17th, 2007.
- The Lionel Trains Show - Schoolhouse Rock: Grammar Rock - A Noun is a Person, Place, or Thing
Well every person you can know, And every place that you can go, And anything that you can show, You know they're nouns. A noun's a special kind of word, ...
- A Noun is a Person, Place or Thing - School House Rock, Jr. - by Ellie
St. John's School Middle School performance of School House Rock Live, Jr. 10/14/10.
- Schoolhouse Rock Noun Is a Person Place or Thing!
11 year old Marissa singing Noun is a Person Place or Thing in School House Rock Jr. Live!!!! in Ligonier, PA.
See also the pronunciation examples of Rock!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Rock
Rock your body.
Rock your soul.
Rock yourself on the floor.
Like never before.
Dancing in spotlight.
Make it Rock N Roll.
Sing like nobody else.
Bring out your soul.
Music is great.
Music makes you say.
Music makes you happy.
Music makes you free. (Yash Pradhan)
more quotes about rock...
Scrabble value of R1O1C3K5
The value of this 4-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ROCK
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Rock!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rock to see it in context!