Definition of the noun roselle
What does roselle mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: roselles
- East Indian sparsely prickly annual herb or perennial subshrub widely cultivated for its fleshy calyxes used in tarts and jelly and for its bast fiber
Alternative definition of the noun roselle
- Hibiscus sabdariffa, an edible flower in the hibiscus family used in Mexican gastronomy to make the infusion agua de jamaica.
- Roselle is a Borough located in Union County in the state of New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 21,085, reflecting a decline of 189 from the 21,274 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 960 from the 20,314 counted in the 1990 Census.
- Roselle is a village in DuPage County and Cook counties in northeastern Illinois, United States. It was first incorporated in 1922 and is a bedroom community, with residents generally commuting to Chicago or nearby suburbs for their jobs. As a result, the early rural atmosphere of the community has been lost over the past 30 years. As of the 2010 census, the village's population was 22,763. Roselle is a western suburb of Chicago and is part of the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Roselle is a station on Metra's Milwaukee District/West in Roselle, Illinois. The station is 23.9 miles away from Union Station, the eastern terminus of the line. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Roselle is in zone E.
There are other places with Roselle in their name, like Roselle Park.
- Roselle is a fictional character from the 2012 film Sisterakas.
- Roselle is a fictional film character.
"Roselle" is a musical album of Roselle Nava.
"Roselle" is a book by P. J. Wester.
- also known as "Roselle: its culture and uses"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roselle
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by California Agricultural Experiment Station
Roselle is a complete failure here either in poor or good 3011, or dry or moist ground. J. J. Bamber. Skyland, Santa Cruz Coanty.—The Roselle got caught by the frost before it matured. It seems a very slow-growing plant up here. Kate Millikan ...
by California Agricultural Experiment Station
Roselle is a complete failure here either in poor or good soil, or dry or moist ground. ' J. J. Bamber. Skyland, Santa Cruz County—The Roselle got caught by the frost before it matured. It seems a very slow-growing plant up here. Kate Millikan ...
by University of California (System). College of Agriculture
Roselle is a complete failure here either in poor or good soil, or dry or moist ground. J. J. Bamber. Skyland, Santa Cruz County. — The Roselle got caught by the frost before it matured. It seems a very slow-growing plant up here. Kate Millikan ...
Journal of the Senate and Assembly During the ... Session of the Legislature of the State of California (1901)
by California. Legislature. Senate
Isadore Lecureui'l, Santa Chis, Santa Cruz Cowman—Roselle is a complete failure here either in poor or good soil, or dry or moist groun . J. J. Bomber. Skyland, Santa Cruz County.—-The Roselle got caught by the frost before it matured.
Roselle is a complete failure here either in poor or good $011, or dry or moist groun . ' J. J. Bamber. Skyland, Santa Cruz County.—The Roselle got caught by the frost before it matured. It seems a very slow-growing plant up here. Kate Millikan ...
The roselle is an annual related to the cotton and okra, and is probably the only plant in the world whose calyces are utilized for food. The plant flowers in October and the rapidly developing fleshy calyces are picked and used in making ...
by Farooqi A.A., B.S. Sreeramu, B.S. Sreeramu
Roselle is a short-day plant requiring 12-12.5 hours light in the period before flowering. It is found to show ambiphotoperiodic reaction flowering both in short days and in extremely long days, remaining vegetative (at least at 21-25°C) in a ...
a reference system of commercial horticulture, covering the practical and scientific phases of horticulture, with special reference to fruits and vegetables by William Worthington
Red bilberry Rhubarb stalks Roselle calyx Roselle pod Sapodilla a Scarlet haws Strawberries Surinam cherry Watermelons Whortleberries Apples Apricots ...
by George A. Burdock
Regulatory citations ROSELLE (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) Current CAS number 977017-88-1 Description Roselle is an annual herb native to Africa and cultivated today in various tropical and subtropical countries. The plant has wedge- shaped, ...
by Tom Wallace
DAVID ROSELLE Took over the reins on July 1, 1987.
by Simon K. F. Stoddart
Roselle, one of the smaller settlements of northern Etruria, has had extensive ...
by Eric W. Weisstein
Roselle, D. P.; and Scoville, R. " Permutations and Sequences with Repetitions by Number of Increase." J. Combin.
An Encyclopedia of Eco-Friendly Culture in the United States by Kim Kennedy White
On a 10-day wilderness outing in the Pincacte Desert in Mexico, David Foreman, Ron Kezar, Bart Koehler, Mike Roselle, and Howie Wolke decided to launch a new organization to serve as a militant alternative to what they perceived to be the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roselle
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roselle
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Sorrel or Roselle
It makes the best juice when boiled with ginger... and a "likkle" rum... Full of antioxidant, and polyphenol, vitamin C, plus many minerals... Perfect for the Holiday season! Sorrel is very healthy and is used to make a healthy popular Christmas drink in Jamaica - to which you can add rum or red wine for some zing!
Photo credit: m.gifford
- Mallard Lake FP Roselle, IL
Photo credit: CheepShot
- METX 185 "Village of Roselle"
A beautiful blue sky is accompanied by warm weather as Metra 185 (with a matched F40PHM-2 behind) leads this train as it arrives at Lisle station on the Burlington Northern/Santa Fe division of Metra's commuter rail system.
Photo credit: vxla
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Roselle
Although I managed my schedule to be home by late afternoon most days, basically, Roselle raised our children alone. And so I missed out on a lot of wonderful moments, missed watching my kids grow into the wonderful people they are today. (Perry Como)
more quotes about roselle...
Scrabble value of R1O1S1E1L1L1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ROSELLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Roselle!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Roselle to find many related words and phrases!