Rude appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Nurse, rude corpses’ procedures run.
- Tides reverse it: I nab rude liver spots; ’til it stops, reviled urbanities reversed it.
- "Shahs sun a rude tag: it’s a candy-ass tactic, illicit cats," say DNA-castigated Uranus shahs.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective rude:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective rude
- Phrases with Rude
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rude
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rude
- Photos about Rude
- Videos about Rude
- Sign language
- Quotes about Rude
- Scrabble value of R1U1D2E1
- Anagrams of RUDE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective rude
What does rude mean as an attribute of a noun?
Rude is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: ruder | rudest
- socially incorrect in behavior
- (of persons) lacking in refinement or grace
- lacking civility or good manners
- (used especially of commodities) being unprocessed or manufactured using only simple or minimal processes
- belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness
Alternative definition of the adjective rude
- Bad mannered.
- Obscene, pornographic, offensive.
- Tough, robust.
- Undeveloped, unskilled, basic.
- Hearty, vigorous; [found particularly in the phrase rude health].
Rude a.k.a. Rüde is a village and a former municipality in the district of Schleswig-Flensburg, in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. Since 1 March 2013, it is part of the municipality Mittelangeln.
- Rude is a fictional character in the 2005 animated film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
- Rude is a fictional character from the 1995 film Rude.
- "Rude" is the debut single by Canadian reggae fusion band Magic! from their debut studio album, Don't Kill the Magic. Released on October 10, 2013 by Sony Music Entertainment, "Rude" peaked at number six on the Canadian Hot 100. Internationally, the song topped the charts in the United States and the United Kingdom and peaked within the top ten of the charts in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Denmark, the Netherlands and Sweden. The song was featured in a 2014 Nestea commercial in the Philippines.
- music by Nasri Atweh, Adam Messinger, Mark Pellizer, Ben Spivak, Alex Tanas
- lyrics by Nasri Atweh, Adam Messinger, Mark Pellizer
- "Rude" is a 2013 single by Magic!.
- "RUDE" is a musical album by Ann Lewis released in 1990.
- released on (25 years ago)
- Rude is an award-nominated music video.
- award: - World Music Award for World’s Best Video nomination for Magic!
- "Rude" is a 1995 Canadian crime film directed by Clement Virgo. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1995 Cannes Film Festival.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Damon D'Oliveira & Karen King
- executive producer: Colin Brunton
- production design by William Fleming
- art direction by Tim Bider
- written by Clement Virgo
- Maurice Dean Wint as General
- Rachael Crawford as Maxine
- Clark Johnson as Reece
- Richard Chevolleau as Jordan
- Sharon Lewis as Rude
- Melanie Nicholls-King as Jessica
- Stephen Shellen as Yankee
- Gordon Michael Woolvett as Ricky
- Dayo Ade as Mike
- Dean Marshall as Joe
- Ashley Brown as Johnny
- Andy Marshall as Addict
- Falconer Abraham as Austin
- Junior Williams as Curtis
- Andrew Moodie as Andre
- casting by Marsha Chesley
- cinematography by Barry Stone
- edited by Susan Maggi
- music by John Lang, Aaron Davis
- set decoration by Jennifer Jacobsen
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (20 years ago)
- Genie Award for Best Motion Picture (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Karen King & Damon D'Oliveira
- Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Rachael Crawford
- Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Clark Johnson
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Direction (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Clement Virgo
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Cinematography (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Barry Stone
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Editing (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Susan Maggi
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Music - Original Score (16th Annual Genie Awards) nomination for Aaron Davis & John Lang
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Clement Virgo
- "Rude" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Gay pornography
- released on (24 years ago)
Rude Magazine was a Canadian magazine published in London, Ontario, Canada in 1978. It was published by Joe Thomas, Mike Bidner and Roy Berger. It ran for two issues printing work by Gerard Pas, Mike Hannay, Orlo Miller and many other local writers and artists.
Phrases with Rude
- Rude Awakening
- How Rude
- Piper Rude
- Hydnum Rude
- Natada Rude
- Sorgum Rude
- Grapsus Rude
- Panicum rude
- Radulum Rude
- Sorghum Rude
- Loxonema Rude
- Bembidion rude
- Cerithium Rude
- Ganoderma Rude
- Isognomon Rude
- Limacodes Rude
- Lophidium Rude
- Nemastoma Rude
- Scindalma Rude
- Septonema Rude
View more phrases with the word Rude in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rude
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Pemberton (F.R.S.L.)
Rude is an adjective. Ruder is an adjective. Rudest is an adjective.
Sadie Mae Baird...Love Is (2008)
by Carolyn Arkison
The word rude means to be impolite and of course, we all have been impolite for one reason or another at one point in our life or another. However, as we grow and mature, we also slowly learn that genuine love has no desire whatsoever to ...
A Dictionary of Numeral Words, by which All Difficulty in the Remembrance of Figures is Removed (1829)
With an Explanation of the Plan by William Henry Crook (LL.D.)
Rude age. Radius. 0r dew; Orifice. Reeded. Refugee. Reds. Our fox. Rude beau. Roofed. Ridge. Reeds. Are few. Your face. Reefed. Redug. Rides. Road we. Reducest. Read an ode. Or dig. Rods. Ready woe. Ride best. Rude idea. Our doge.
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
RUDE. adj. [rede, Saxon; rudis, Latin.j 1. Untaught; barbarous; savage.—Nor is there any nation in the world now accounted civil, but, within the memory of books, were utterly rude and barbarous. Wilkins. 2. Rough; coarse of manners; uncivil; ...
by William Perry
· S, rude. -Anglois, us, custom, less, ascension.
by Laura Emma Lockwood
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Rude, unmannerly, inclement. Rood, the cross with its effigy. Rude (1 syl.) ...
by John Jamieson
rude, reod, Alem. ruod. Rude, s. 1. Redness. Douglas. 2 .
by John Jamieson
Rude, s. 1. Redness. Douglas. 2. Those parts of the face, which in youth and health have a ruddy colour, S.B. Chr. Kirk. A. S. ruda, rubor, vultus. To RUDDY, v. n. To make a loud reiterated noise, S.B. Isl. laid, a storm ; force in general. RUDE ...
by Paul Heacock
ass rude slang to praise someone more than is reasonable ♢ / usually have to kiss ass just to get these ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rude
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rude
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: schatz
Photo credit: CJ Isherwood
010809 - Lex & Esther's 21st Bday
Photo credit: Raelene G
Photo credit: RUDEWORKS
Photo credit: nickbrett
Photo credit: cosmicoutlaw
Had some fun with blur and lighting effects in Gimp. Might use this technique in the future.
Photo credit: Brian. R.
Photo credit: izik
- Rude parsnip
Photo credit: Matt From London
- Politely rude
Of course the real insult is the use of three exclamation marks and the use of boldface rather than italics to stress the word.
Photo credit: Arenamontanus
- Rude Carrots
Photo credit: ChodHound
- Rude wallpaper
A day out in London
Photo credit: andy_carter
- What a rude muffin
Photo credit: bark
Photo credit: gregthemayor
Photo credit: Greg Palmer
View more pictures about Rude boy.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Rude
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Middle Finger Idiom Rude Hand Gestures Using Hand Gestures American English lessons Fuck you
The Middle Finger Idiom Rude Hand Gestures Using Hand Gestures American English lessons Fuck you #9 Vocabulary: The Middle Finger: The middle finger is ...
- Interactive Periodic Table of Swearing Extends Your Rude Vocabulary Underwire Wired com
- Rude Meaning
Video shows what rude means. bad-mannered. Somewhat obscene, pornographic, offensive.. tough, robust.. rude pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Learn English Vocabulary from the #1 SONG Called RUDE
- Numbskull Insults in English Compound Words Rude Vocabulary Slang in English
Example: You're such a numbskull! Numbskull Insults in English Compound Words Rude Vocabulary Slang in English Noun numbskull (plural numbskulls) ...
- Vocabulary Music Song "Rude''
- Rude Goldberg Explanation (Steven Kuipers, Ryan Gahman)
- Rude Goldberg explanation
- Bridger Harrison Rude Goldberg Explanation
- Rude Crude - Explanation
- Explanation of Rude Goldberg project
- Explanation Rude Goldberg
- West Ham fans on Deadline Day (Rude Language involved)
Quite a funny bit on Sky Sports News.
- TORONTO MAYOR ROB FORD APOLOGY for RUDE LANGUAGE #WWETV
Toronto Mayor Ford Apologizes for Rude comments in previous video of oral relations.
- Rude Faction Description | Cosmic PvP
Adidaz (the accused) reported for a rude faction description.
- RUDE LANGUAGE IN MINEPLEX
- Minecraft - iGank team griefing, hacking and rude language spam
Here's a video of iGank hacking, team griefing and using rude language, which he also spams.
- Troy University ESL 5B singing Rude
Talent show 12/2/2014, group song Rude by Magic.
- Noah's Rendition of Baa Baa Black Sheep ... Unintentional Rude Language ... and a whole lot of sock
- Rude language
- Ho ho ....ho RUDE LANGUAGE- Rat wars 4
- Very Rude Language on Project ares
See also the pronunciation examples of Rude!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Rude
A rude nature is worse than a brute nature by so much more as man is better than a beast: and those that are of civil natures and genteel dispositions are as much nearer to celestial creatures as those that are rude and cruel are to devils. (Margaret Cavendish)
more quotes about rude...
Scrabble value of R1U1D2E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of RUDE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Rude!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rude to see it in context!