The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb run through:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb run through
What does run through mean as a doing phrase?
- apply thoroughly; think through
- use up (resources or materials)
- examples: They run through 20 bottles of wine a week | They run through more bread
- lexical domain: Consumption - verbs of eating and drinking
- synonyms of run through: consume / deplete / eat / eat up / exhaust / use up / wipe out
- more generic words: drop / expend / spend = pay out
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the verb run through
- To go through by running
- [transitive] [idiomatic] To briefly summarise
- [idiomatic] To repeat something.
- [idiomatic] To use completely, in a short space of time. Usually money.
- [idiomatic]To pervade, of a quality that is characteristic of a group, organisation, or system.
- [idiomatic] To impale a person with a blade, usually a sword.
- Of a waterway, to flow through an area.
"Run Through" a.k.a. "Run-through" is a 1972 book by John Houseman.
- also known as "Run-through: a memoir"
- language: English Language
- released in (43 years ago)
- award: - National Book Award for Biography nomination for John Houseman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for run through
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
rum cocktail / run through 610 growl, melee; 6 affray, breeze, fracas, hubbub, racket, rumpus, squall, uproar; 7 grumble, rhubarb [baseball], ruction, trouble; 8 brouhaha, rumbling, scramble; 9 gang fight, grumbling, imbroglio, scrimmage; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for run through
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about run through
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Run Through
239:365 Beginning of run through for Smokey Joe's Cafe.
Photo credit: Strupey
- Run Through
Photo by: Brooke Baker
Photo credit: frotzed2
- Run through
James Whelan runs through a role playing exercise.
Photo credit: cpsucsa
- Run Through
Photo credit: chris_harber
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about run through
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mercedes CLK 270 cdi. More in depth run through and explanation of features.
- Run through Meaning
Video shows what run through means. To summarise briefly. To inform or educate someone, typically of a new concept or a concept particular to an organization ...
- C#6 Language feature run through
- Mitchell's flipping finally finished Rube Goldberg machine description and run through
See also the pronunciation examples of run through!
Quotes about run through
Before you love, learn to run through snow without leaving footprints.