Sadat appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Drat Sadat, a dastard
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sadat
What does sadat mean as a name of something?
- Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
"Sadat" is a 1983 two-part miniseries film based on the life and death of the late 3rd President of Egypt, Anwar Sadat starring Louis Gossett, Jr. as Sadat and Madolyn Smith as Sadat's wife, Jehan. It was distributed by Columbia Pictures Television through Operation Prime Time. Gossett's performance earned him a nomination for an Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Richard Michaels
- producers: Daniel H. Blatt & Robert Singer
- production design by Guy J. Comtois
- art direction by Veronica Hadfield
- written by Lionel Chetwynd
- Jeffrey Tambor as Sharaff
- Louis Gossett, Jr. as Anwar al-Sadat
- John Rhys-Davies as Gamal Abdel Nasser
- Madolyn Smith as Jihan Sadat
- Jeremy Kemp as Thompson
- Reuven Bar Yotam as Sibai
- Eric Berry as Rashad
- Anne Heywood as Mrs. Raouf
- Ferdy Mayne as Mullah
- Barry Morse as Menachem Begin
- Thaao Penghlis as Amer
- Nehemiah Persoff as Leonid Brezhnev
- Pepe Serna as Atif Sadat
- Paul L. Smith as King Farouk
- Walt Hanna as Jimmy Carter
- cinematography by Jan de Bont
- edited by Bud S. Isaacs & J. Terry Williams
- music by Charles Bernstein
- costume design by Grady Hunt
- genres: Biographical film, Historical drama, War film, Drama, Miniseries
- released on (31 years ago)
- some of the awards:
"Sadat" is a book by David Hirst.
- subjects: Politics and government, Foreign relations
- Sadat is a fictional character from the 2009 film Serigala Terakhir.
- Sadat is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Puppet.
Who is Sadat?
Sadat is a cinematographer.
- profession: Cinematographer
Sadat is a town and a nagar panchayat in Ghazipur district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
Phrases with Sadat
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sadat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Report on the Trade and Resources of the Countries on the North-western Boundary of British India (1862)
Sadat is a small town seat of a Hakim, and a staging place for caravans. " Zirak " also a small town. Water from " Karezes." The road hard and level. The village of" Lar " six miles from " Zirak" on the road. Dushakh is a small village surrounded ...
Memoirs on the History, Folk-lore, and Distribution of the Races of the North Western Provinces of India (1869)
Being an Amplified Edition of the Original Supplemental Glossary of Indian Terms by Sir Henry Miers Elliot, John Beames
Sadat is the plural of Sayyid. — B. See Jehangir's Memoirs, ...
Report of the Land Revenue Settlement of the Dera Ismail Khan District of the Punjab, 1872-79 (1879)
by Punjab. Settlement Commissioner's Office, H. St. George Tucker
— The Darogha Sadat is the official who supervises the construction of dams and the irrigation arrangements in the Daman. Sahl. — A hut with mud or grass sides and thatched roof.
Sands of Sorrow (1987)
Israel's Journey from Independence by Milton Viorst
"Sadat is a very different man from Nasser.
by John E. Jessup
EL SADAT, MUHAMMAD ANWAR sworn in on 14 October. On 29 December 1970, Sadat ordered a state of war- readiness as Arab guerrillas in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria stepped up terrorist attacks against Israel. As the Suez crisis ...
2-volume Set by Robert Wuthnow
New Haven:Yale University Press, 1994, Sadat, Anwar Egyptian soldier and politician, who succeeded Gamal Abdel...
While posted to a remote district in Upper Egypt, Sadat met Nasser and with ten other junior officers formed the Free ...
Encyclopedia of the Cold War (2013)
by Ruud van Dijk, William Glenn Gray, Svetlana Savranskaya, Jeremi Suri, Qiang Zhai
Nasser, disgraced, stepped down and allowed Anwar Sadat, hisvice president, tolead thenation. Nasserdied fromaheart attack shortlyafter the war. Many Egyptians underestimated Sadat, specifically the Muslim Brotherhood. They incorrectly ...
by Rebecca Hillauer
Under the influence of the president's wife, Jehan Sadat, women-friendly reforms were proposed to the Personal ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sadat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sadat
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Sadat
Scrabble value of S1A1D2A1T1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SADAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sadat!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sadat to see it in context!