Sag appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Emit no gas," I say, as I sag on time.
- Won’t bedlam in a NASA lab/ inn/academe edifice sag a sec if I deemed a cannibal as an animal debt now?
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun sag
- Definition of the verb sag
- Other definitions of sag
- Phrases with Sag
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sag
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sag
- Usage statistics about sag
- Photos about Sag
- Videos about Sag
- Quotes about Sag
- Scrabble value of S1A1G2
- Anagrams of SAG
- Share this page
Sag is sometimes a misspelling of shaggy.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sag
What does sag mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sags
- a shape that sags
Alternative definition of the noun sag
- The state of sinking or bending; sagging.
- The difference in elevation of a wire, cable, chain or rope suspended between two consecutive points.
- The difference height or depth between the vertex and the rim of a curved surface, specifically used for optical elements such as a mirror or lens.
Definition of the verb sag
What does sag mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: sagged, sagging
- droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness
- examples: The children sag in the rocking chair | There sag some children in the rocking chair
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula there [Verb] [Locative Preposition] [Location] [Theme, indefinite] There stood on the corner a statue [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Locative Preposition] [Location] They stood the statue on the pedestal [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] John slouched [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] [Locative Preposition] [Location] The statue stood on the corner [Locative Preposition] [Location] [Verb] [Theme] On the pedestal stood a statue
Verbs of Existence (with the same syntax): balance, bend, bow, crouch, dangle, droop, flop, fly, hang, hover, huddle, hunch, jut, kneel, lean, lie, loll, loom, lounge, nestle, open, perch, plop, project, protrude, recline, repose, rest, rise, roost, sit, slope, slouch, slump, sprawl, squat, stand, stoop, straddle, swing, tilt, tower.
- lexical domain: Motions - verbs of walking, flying, swimming
- synonyms of sag: droop / flag / swag
- more generic terms: drop / drop down / sink = fall or descend to a lower place or level
- more specific words:
- cause to sag
Alternative definition of the verb sag
- To sink, in the middle, by its weight or under applied pressure, below a horizontal line or plane; as, a line or cable supported by its ends sags, though tightly drawn; the floor of a room sags; hence, to lean, give way, or settle from a vertical position; as, a building may sag one way or another; a door sags on its hinges.
- [figuratively] To lose firmness, elasticity, vigor, or a thriving state; to sink; to droop; to flag; to bend; to yield, as the mind or spirits, under the pressure of care, trouble, doubt, or the like; to be unsettled or unbalanced.
- To loiter in walking; to idle along; to drag or droop heavily.
- [transitive] To cause to bend or give way; to load.
- [informal] To wear one's trousers so that their top is well below the waist.
Other definitions of sag
What does sag also mean?
- Screen Actors Guild
- Sag a.k.a. Sâg is a commune located in Sălaj County, Romania. It is composed of five villages: Fizeş, Mal, Sâg, Sârbi and Tusa.
- part of Romania
- Sag a.k.a. Șag is a commune in Timiş County, Romania. It is composed of a single village, Șag; Parța village broke off as a separate commune in 2004.
There are other places with in their name, like Sag Harbor.
- Sag a.k.a. Sango Language: Sango is the primary language spoken in the Central African Republic: it had approximately 1,600,000 to 5,000,000 second-language speakers in the early 1970s, but only about 404,000 native speakers, mainly in the towns.
- also known as Sangho, Sango
- Sag: In geology a sag, or trough, is a depressed, persistent, low area; the opposite of an arch, or ridge, a raised, persistent, high area. The terms sag and arch were used historically to describe very large features, for example, characterizing North America as two arches with a sag between them.
- SAG: S-arrestin is a protein that in humans is encoded by the SAG gene.
- sag a.k.a. The Screen Actors Guild Award Ceremony has been an annual event since 1995 for the Screen Actors Guild Award.
- read more about Screen Actors Guild Award Ceremony
- Sag a.k.a. ring finger protein 7 is a gene.
- also known as regulator of cullins 2, zinc RING finger protein SAG, sensitive to apoptosis gene
- Sag a.k.a. S-antigen; retina and pineal gland (arrestin) is a gene.
- also known as S-arrestin
Phrases with Sag
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sag
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
safety rules and discussion comprising part 2, the discussion of part 2, the definitions and grounding rules of the fifth edition of the National electrical safety code by United States. National Bureau of Standards
Final unloaded sag means the sag of a conductor after it has been subjected for an appreciable period to the loading prescribed for the loading district in which it is situated, or equivalent loading, and the loading removed. 62. Initial unloaded ...
Proceedings of the 6th AAAPG International Conference, Beijing, China, 12-14 October 2004 by Digang Liang, Darui Wang, Zhenxi Li
GEOLOGICAL SETTINGS Locatedin thesouthernJiyangdepression, theDongying sag is a third-class negative structure unit of a Mesozoic-Cenozoic rift basin in Bohai Bay, eastern China. Also, it is a rift-depression lake basin developed from ...
by John Michels
The Shonkin sag is a peculiar topographic feature of the country south of the big bend of the Missouri River in central...
Applications in Lithological and Stratigraphic Reservoirs by Ming Li
Nanpu Sag is a small depression basin within the Huanghua depression of Bohai Bay Basin. Its special development characteristics and sediment conditions determined the sequence types and sequence stacking patterns in different tectonic ...
Network+ Study Guide (2006)
Exam N10-002 by David Groth
There are three types of power underages: A sag is an inverted spike. Sags occur when power Copyright ©2002 SYBEX, Inc., Alameda, CA www.sybex.com 260 Chapter 6 Network Installation and Upgrades.
by Jones & Bartlett Learning, LLC
Sag Frame sag is a downward bend of the frame rails caused by one of two factors Figure 26-19A Figure 26-19A. The first cause is static overload, which occurs when the load on the vehicle is more than the frame can handle. The other cause ...
Central Police Organisations (2005)
The SAG is the elite offensive wing. Its members are from Indian Army. The SRG consists of personnel of para-military forces. Its primary function is to play a supporting role to SAG, especially in isolation of target areas. The security to high -risk ...
Proceedings of the 30th International Geological Congress, Beijing, China, 4-14 August 1996 by Baojun Liu, Li Sitian
Qieji Sag is the petroleum prospective area of the Tanggemu Depression, Gonghe Basin, which is both the depocenter and the center of petroleum generation and expulsion. Qieji-Jiudaoban structural zone is the best petroleum exploration ...
by Brian W.J. Mahy, Marc H.V. van Regenmortel
Since Sag is a type II transmembrane protein, the C-terminal portion is available to interact with the variable region of the β-chain (Vβ) of the TCR on a subset of CD4þ or CD4þCD8+ cells. Therefore, Sag recognizes entire classes of T cells ( up ...
by Ambalaṅgoḍa Polvattē Buddhadatta, A. P. Buddhadatta Mahāthera
Sampayojeti (sag + pa + yuj + e), to join; to associate .with; to litigate. aor. — esi. pp. — jita. abs. — jetva. Samparaya, m. future state; the next world. — yika, a. belonging to the next world. Samparikaddhati (sag + pari + kaddh + a), to drag this ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sag
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about sag
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb sag:
Photos about Sag
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: bradleyeldridge
Photo credit: The359
Photo credit: Knuckle.Head
It really hurt to see this sad old bug eating its own engine.
Nikon F4 - Walgreens Poverty Film.
Photo credit: Ricky Flores
- Sag Pond
Sag Pond at San Andreas Fault in Carrizo Plain
Photo credit: cm195902
- Bridge over 127th-- Cal Sag Channel
Photo credit: danxoneil
- VA: 10/11 Labor Walk John Slattery SAG
Photo credit: Dan Duncan
Photo credit: AFL-CIO Field
- VA: 10/11 Labor Walk John Slattery SAG
Photo credit: Dan Duncan
Photo credit: AFL-CIO Field
- With out the WGA SAG is SILENT
Photo credit: arincrumley
View more pictures about Sag Harbor.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sag
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sag Meaning
Video shows what sag means. The state of sinking or bending; sagging.. The difference in elevation of a wire, cable, chain or rope suspended between two ...
- SAG Meaning
Video shows what SAG means. (on a letter), Saint Anthony Guard (or Guide).. SAG Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say SAG.
- Sag off Meaning
Video shows what sag off means. To skive, to not attend school when required to do so.. Sag off Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- SAG Video - Language Arts
See also the pronunciation examples of Sag!
Quotes about Sag
The men are walking. They are fifty feet apart, for dispersal. Their walk is slow, for they are dead weary, as you can tell even when looking at them from behind. Every line and sag of their bodies speaks their inhuman exhaustion. (Ernie Pyle)
more quotes about sag...
Scrabble value of S1A1G2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SAG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sag!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sag to see it in context!