Salon appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Some droopy men Enola symbolises sap asses: I lob my salon enemy poor demos.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun salon
- Phrases with Salon
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Salon
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Salon
- Photos about Salon
- Video language resources about Salon
- Sign language
- Quotes about Salon
- Scrabble value of S1A1L1O1N1
- Anagrams of SALON
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun salon
What does salon mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- salon: salons
- Salon: Salons
- gallery where works of art can be displayed
- a shop where hairdressers and beauticians work
- elegant sitting room where guests are received
"Salon" a.k.a. "The Salon" is a 2005 comedy-drama film, directed by Mark Brown, executive produced by David Odom, and starring Vivica A. Fox, Kym Whitley, and Monica Calhoun. The movie was filmed in Baltimore, Maryland.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Vivica A. Fox
- cinematography by Brandon Trost
- genres: Indie film, Workplace Comedy, Comedy, Drama
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (8 years ago)
Salon is a record label.
- Salon is a progressive news website created by David Talbot in 1995 and part of Salon Media Group. It focuses on U.S. politics and current affairs, and on reviews and articles about music, books and films.
- official website: www.salon.com
- Salon: A salon is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste and increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation. These gatherings often consciously followed Horace's definition of the aims of poetry, "either to please or to educate". Salons, commonly associated with French literary and philosophical movements of the 17th and 18th centuries, were carried on until quite recently in urban settings.
- also known as ملتقى, 沙龍
- The Salon, or rarely Paris Salon, beginning in 1725 was the official art exhibition of the Académie des Beaux-Arts in Paris, France. Between 1748 and 1890 it was the greatest annual or biannual art event in the Western world. At the 1761 Salon, thirty-three painters, nine sculptors, and eleven engravers contributed. From 1881 onward, it has been organized by the Société des Artistes Français.
- Salon: The salons of Early Modern and Revolutionary France played an integral role in the cultural and intellectual development of France. The salons were seen by contemporary writers as a cultural hub, responsible for the dissemination of good manners and sociability. It was not merely manners that the salons supposedly spread but also ideas, as the salons became a centre of intellectual as well as social exchange, playing host to many members of the Republic of Letters. In contrast to other Early Modern institutions, women played an important and visible role within the salons. The extent of this role is, however, heavily contested by some historians.
- Salon a.k.a. The Moken language is a half dozen closely related varieties spoken by the Moken "Sea Gypsies" off the coast of Burma and Thailand. It is somewhat divergent from other Austronesian languages, and has been strongly influenced by Mon–Khmer languages.
- read more about Moken Language
- Salon: Salons that offer this service.
- Salon: Salons that provide this service.
Phrases with Salon
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Salon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Personal Village (2003)
How to Have People in Your Life by Choice, Not Chance by Marvin Thomas
The Salon Is Spice For Your Life For many people, a salon is the most stimulating forum they will have with other people. This is because when a...
by Roland Barthes
The Auto Salon is a fair, in the almost ritual sense of the word; the Office Equipment Salon is a little cosmography, the representation of a structure. The Automobile is an object of leisure, it gives rise to activities of satisfaction, not of conquest; ...
On Caravan (2002)
The Masks of the Whale Spirits by John E. Ellis
Though the salon is the main communal space of the ship, it is poorly lit by two bare hanging low-wattage bulbs, and the bulkhead is still painted a dull primer beige because the company has not been able to get a donation of the appropriate ...
A Monthly Magazine
The salon is an exotic in America, but we account for this by our having no leisure class. Time cannot be given to conversation on account of our feverish civilization . It is not an art here, simply a relaxation. Of course, there are individual ...
O, What a Luxury (2013)
Verses Lyrical, Vulgar, Pathetic & Profound by Garrison Keillor
The hair salon is The Barbary, The butcher shop is The Carvery, The stationery store is The Papery, And the clerks are sales associates And part of the Gap family. Everything is handcrafted and organic, Sustainable, nonfat, and glutenfree .
The Politics of Gender and Cultural Change in Absolutist France by Anne E. Duggan
Playing on the double meaning of Sabbath as both Saturday and the witches' Sabbath, the passage suggests the salon is a mysterious cabal of some sort. The references to witchcraft seemed to have bothered Pellisson, who wrote back that ...
by Carol Montparker
The salon is a stylish and fanciful place, with its floor-to- ceiling windows right on the street for passers-by to look into, or for guests to look ...
The Rest Is Noise (2007)
Listening to the Twentieth Century by Alex Ross
As the historian Elizabeth Crist writes, El Salon is a utopian attempt to synthesize pre— and postindustrial cultures, “rural peasants and the urban proletariat.” Crist adds that when the music is divorced from its political context it devolves into a ...
Over Yonder (2012)
by Jenny Enochsson, Ande Enochsson
Rufous Salon is an online literary journal from Sweden, focusing on chiselled, concise and vibrant poetry and prose. Rufous Press is an extension of the journal . This anthology of contemporary American and Swedish writers is the first print ...
Facial Improvement Therapy (1996)
by Leon E. Mattler
A "FACIAL APPEARANCE IMPROVEMENT" Salon is a Veritable Goldmine. Whether operated as an Exclusive Service, or as a Side- issue with Regular Beauty Culture, Slenderizing, Massage, Drugless therapy, Etc. , it yields a lucrative profit ...
by Cecil Leslie
The salon is a fair size, housing three barber chairs, three hair drying stations, two more stations for preparing ladies' hair, a sink for rinsing, one small closest located beside a small closed office with a fourteen-inch TV inside and a relatively ...
Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success by Eileen Figure Sandlin, Entrepreneur Press
salon is a small desk with a computer and a chair, a visitor's chair, and perhaps a file cabinet or a small bookcase. To ensure that serious work can be done here, have adequate lighting installed. Recessed lighting is especially nice in a ...
The Black Spot (2014)
by John Lefler
Top of the salon is a two-bedroom apartment, behind the house eleven parking space, ...
by Mark Hellyer , Valeriy Piatnytskyi, Sergey Nerpii
SALON DES VINS DE FRANCE – BRIVE‐LA‐GAILLARDE (once a year) French Wine Fair Espace des Trois Provinces Brive-la-Gaillarde France www.salon- vindefrance.com SALON DES VINS DE FRANCE – LIMOGES (once a year) French ...
Encyclopedia of Hair (2006)
A Cultural History by Victoria Sherrow
aims to serve as the "unified voice" of the professional salon industry. As of 2004, the ABA included more than 250 member firms in the ...
by Allison Lee Palmer
SALON. Salons were intellectual and artistic social gatherings that included annual art exhibitions, reading groups, and other entertainments. They first became popular in the rococo era, but became codified into various institutions through the ...
by Michael Clarke
Salvator Rosa the government withdrew official support from the main Salon. Thereafter it began to lose its prestige and influence in the face of competition from the various independent exhibitions such as the *Salon des Indépendants ...
Over 600 Activities Written by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner, Maureen Murphy, Jennifer Ford
Salon. The Barber Shop.
Covering American Politics in the 21st Century: An Encyclopedia of News Media Titans, Trends, and Controversies [2 volumes] (2016)
by Lee Banville
Salon is a digital magazine of politics and culture that has carved out a niche as a liberal journal that covers everything from trade agreements to the latest sex scandal. The site sometimes feels like a bizarre combination of high and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Salon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Salon
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Salon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Salon Definition - Barrie
- Salon Meaning
Video shows what salon means. a large room, especially one used to receive and entertain guests. a gathering of people for a social or intellectual meeting. an ...
- Bangkok Beauty Hair Removal Salon - SHR Painless Machine Explanation
- Salon | Talk | The (Artistic) Meaning Of Art Market Value
Paola Nicolin, Art Historian and Critic, University Bocconi / Abitare, Milan Marta Kuzma, Director, Office for Contemporary Art Norway (OCA), and member of the ...
- Definition Hair & Beauty Cork | Hair Salon Cork | Hair Styling Cork
Definition Hair & Beauty 021 480 6399 - 21-22 North Main St Shangri La Beauty Salon.
- Oribe Curl By Definition | Sorella Salon
Soft, sexy, youthful curls don't always come naturally. This elegant activator adds amazing texture and definition, with shine-boosting, frizz-eliminating, ...
- An explanation/Sally Hanson Salon Effects!
- Definition Salon & Spa - Council Bluffs, IA
Distinctive Touch Landscaping...
- Definition Salon & Spa Inc - Edmonton
Definition Salon & Spa Inc...
- Spray Tan Explanation - Tanning Salon Waterford MI - Sun City Tanning Salon
- David Morris (Red River Dialect) live at The Note Well Salon: FRIEND MUSIC [excerpt]
Just a taste of what you should experience live. For more on Red River Dialect, please visit...
- NHDvideo ( NEPS HAUTE DEFINITION ) PUBLICITE SALON S'LOVE SMITH MALICK
- Salon | Talk | Revolt of Language with Marcel Broodthaers
Talk | Revolt of Language with Marcel Broodthaers Marie-Puck Broodthaers, Editor of Marcel Broodthaers, Livre d'images, Basel; Jan Verwoert, Critic and ...
- Clean Language France : Salon de printemps 2013
- The Shamanic Language of the Jaguar, The Cosmic Salon
CONTACT: [email protected] (updated 9-2012) WATCH: The New Humans, by Mary Rodwell...
- US Ex-pat opens Cuba's first English language bookstore and literary salon
AP TELEVISION 1. Wide exterior Cuba Libro bookstore 2. Tilt down of Cuba Libro sign 3. Wide interior with people reading 4. Tilt up magazine rack 5.
- Salon | Artist Talk | Plane Text: Language in Art
Hank Willis Thomas, Artist, New York In conversation with Adam Shopkorn, Cultural Ambassador for Morgans Hotel Group and independent curator, New York.
- Salon | Art and Language | The Gift of Tongues (in English)
Salon | Art and Language | The Gift of Tongues (in English) Filmed on May 16 2014 at Art Basel Hong Kong Xu Tan, Artist, New York/Guangzhou; Pauline J. Yao ...
- Le salon *#transforcows1 ( regardez la description )
- Mute Swimmer - 'Language' at Salon Remise, Berlin, Germany 14.01.11
Mute Swimmer featuring Tom Marsh on drums in East Berlin, January 2011.
- Salon Tour and Business Description
Salon Tour and Business Description.
- Salon | Artist Talk | Hollywood Is A Verb
Alex Israel, Artist, Los Angeles In conversation with Aaron Moulton, Senior Curator of Exhibitions, Utah Museum of Contemporary Art, Salt Lake City.
- SALON BATIMAT 2007 - DESCRIPTION
See also the pronunciation examples of Salon!
DTV South African Sign Language Lessons - Salon
This week Thabo Ntatlo introduces vocabulary associated with hair styles, or a trip to the hair salon.
Quotes about Salon
Scrabble value of S1A1L1O1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SALON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Salon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Salon to see it in context!