On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun saman
What does saman mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and seed pods that are eaten by cattle
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- alternative spelling: zaman
- scientific names: Acacia propinqua / species Acacia propinqua / Albizia saman / species Albizia saman / Albizzia saman / species Albizzia saman / Calliandra saman / species Calliandra saman / Enterolobium saman / species Enterolobium saman / Feuilleea saman / species Feuilleea saman / Inga cinerea / species Inga cinerea / Inga salutaris / species Inga salutaris / Inga saman / species Inga saman / Mimosa pubifera / species Mimosa pubifera / Mimosa saman / species Mimosa saman / Pithecellobium cinereum / species Pithecellobium cinereum / Pithecellobium saman / species Pithecellobium saman / Pithecellobium saman saman / variety Pithecellobium saman saman / Pithecolobium saman / species Pithecolobium saman / Samanea saman / species Samanea saman / Zygia saman / species Zygia saman
- synonyms of saman: monkey pod / monkeypod / rain tree / zamang
- more generic words: albizia / albizzia = any of numerous trees of the genus Albizia
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Saman a.k.a. Saman, Iran: Saman is a city in and the capital of Saman District, Shahrekord County, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 14,777, in 3,961 families.
- read more about Saman, Iran
Who is Saman?
Saman is the father of Indonesian football player Andik Vermansyah.
- Saman is a fictional character from the 2005 film Babak & Friends: A First Norooz.
- Saman is a fictional character from the 1943 film Berdjoang.
- Saman is a fictional character from the 2003 film August Sun.
- Saman is a fictional film character.
- "Saman" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Gudjonsson, Oskar
- "Saman" is a musical album of Hildur Gudnadóttir.
- "Saman" is a musical album of Kala.
- released in (10 years ago)
"Saman" is a controversial Indonesian novel by Ayu Utami published in 1998. It is Utami's first novel, and depicts the lives of four sexually-liberated female friends, and a former Catholic priest, Saman, for whom the book is named. Written in seven to eight months while Utami was unemployed, Saman sold over 100,000 copies and ignited a new literary movement known as sastra wangi that opened the doors to an influx of sexually-themed literary works by young Indonesian women.
- also known as "Saman: a novel"
- language: Indonesian Language
- released in (17 years ago)
- Saman is one of the most popular dances in Indonesia. Its origin is from the Gayo ethnic group from Gayo Lues, Aceh province, Sumatra, and is normally performed to celebrate important occasions. The dance is characterized by its fast-paced rhythm and common harmony between dancers. These two elements are key figures of Saman, and are among the reasons Saman are widely known and practiced in Indonesia, beside being relatively easy to learn.
- also known as Dance of Thousand Hands
- Saman is a deity, subject to local and indigenous belief and worship in Sri Lanka. The name Saman means "the rising morning sun". His character is of historical significance for the Sinhala people and veneration especially to all the Buddhists. God Maha Sumana Saman is depicted crowned, bejeweled, holding a lotus flower in his right hand and accompanied by a white elephant.
Phrases with Saman
- Saman Tree
- Inga Saman
- Zygia Saman
- Mimosa Saman
- albizia saman
- Samanea saman
- Albizzia Saman
- Feuilleea Saman
- Calliandra Saman
- Enterolobium Saman
- Species Inga Saman
- Pithecolobium Saman
- Species Zygia Saman
- Pithecellobium saman
- Species Mimosa Saman
- Species Albizia Saman
- species Samanea saman
- Species Albizzia Saman
- Species Feuilleea Saman
- Species Calliandra Saman
View more phrases with the word Saman in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Saman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Peter Clarke, Reader in Modern History and Fellow Peter Clarke, Stewart Sutherland
ofthe Tungus reindeer herders of the Lake Baikal region ofthe Soviet Union and, according to the great Russian medical ethnographer Shirokogoroff, like its Manchu cognate saman means literally 'one who is excited, moved, or raised';.
saman is a good honey plant, is an important host plant for lac insects and exudes a low-quality gum from bark wounds. Further reading Cascante, A., Quesada, M., Lobo, J.J. and Fuchs, E.A. (2002) Effects of dry tropical forest fragmentation ...
A classical dictionary of India illustrative of the mythology, philosophy, literature [&c.] of the Hindus. [With] (1871)
by John Garrett (director of public instruction in Mysore.)
Saman — The name of the third Veda.
A Santali-English dictionary (1899)
by A. R. Campbell
Salis Saman Salis. To mediate, to arbitrate, med- Salisi. J iators, arbitrators. Noa kathako salisiakafa. The have arbitrated on this matter. Salisiko hoho jaoraakafkoa. ") They have call- Salisko hoho jaoraakaf koa. ) ed together arbitrators. Koape ...
Designed for the Use of Schools ... by Nathaniel Brice
Saman, 8. «t. furniture, apparatus, necessaries, tool8. Saman, adj. equal, adequate, similar, alike, akin, one, uniform : t. f. equality, level. Saman, 8. m. time, season.
Illustrative of the Mythology, Philosophy, Literature, Antiquities, Arts, Manners, Customs &c. of the Hindus by John Garrett
Saman — The name of the third Veda.
by Frank Bisby
Abre a la Pluie; Acacia Preta; Algarrobo; Campano; Cem'zaro; Coco Tamarind; Cow Bean Tree; Dormilon; French Tamarind; Genizaro; Giant Thibet; Guango; Guannegoul; Inga Saman; Marsave; Monkey Pod; Rain Tree; Saman Geographical ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Saman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Saman
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of S1A1M3A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine