On this page:
Sambara is a village and panchayat in Makkuva mandal of Vizianagaram district in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- also known as Sambara, Makkuva; Sambara, Vizianagaram
- part of India
- Sambara is a character in Hindu mythology, married to Māyāvati. He abducted the infant Pradyumna, son of Krishna and Rukmini, but Pradyumna escaped, and after eventually growing up, killed Sambara and married his wife. He was also a demon in the Vedas whose 99 fortresses were destroyed by Indra in the ecstasy of Soma while giving aid to Divodasa Atithigva. Indra finished off the demon in the hundredth.
- Sambara a.k.a. Shambala Language: Shambala or Shambaa is a Bantu language of Tanzania.
- read more about Shambala Language
- Sambara is a genus of moths belonging to the Tortricidae family.
Phrases with Sambara
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sambara
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
6th, the Nyanku, " an animal with large antlers ;" 7th, the Sambara, " identical with the great Gavaya" or wild-ox (sambarogavayo mahdn, which may be made to mean the sambara is a large cow-like animal) ; 8th, the Bdjiva " a deer with lines ...
by Benjamin Clough
<5, Sambara, (e3ifi/ samba to accumulate) water, [Colloq. ©«g(5 icatura']; restraint, forbearance, self control; also, eso©<5 samoara; name of a demon or daitya.
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
in India: asvakathara khata limba, lata limbu, narale, narande, ran-dakho, saavira sambara, sambara balli Ampelocissus barbata (Wall.) Planch. (Ampelocissus barbata Planch.; Ampelocissus barbatus (Wall.) Planch.; Vitis barbata Wall.) India .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sambara
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of S1A1M3B3A1R1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Sambara to find many related words and phrases!