The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun sampler:
Definition of Sampler
What does Sampler mean?
- an observation station that is set up to make sample observations of something
- someone who samples food or drink for its quality
- an assortment of various samples
- a piece of embroidery demonstrating skill with various stitches
- someone whose job is to take samples
- a device that takes samples
- [music] A digital device that merges together samples of recordings
- a piece of needlework embroidered with a variety of designs
- a representative selection of a larger group
- "Sampler" is a compilation album by the English rock band Cardiacs, released in 1995.
- "Sampler" is an EP by CURB Records artist Plumb. It features songs from her album Beautiful Lumps of Coal. It is available digitally on Yahoo! Music.
- released in 2003 (11 years ago)
- "Sampler" is a 1994 compilation album by Tangerine Dream.
- released in 1994 (20 years ago)
- "Sampler" is a musical EP of Three Loco.
- released on August 14th, 2012
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Kit Watkins.
- released in 1991 (23 years ago)
- "Sampler" is a musical EP of Aan.
- released in 2013
- "Sampler" is a musical single of Anorak Girl.
- Sampler: A sampler is an electronic musical instrument similar in some respects to a synthesizer but, instead of generating sounds, it uses recordings of sounds that are loaded or recorded into it by the user and then played back by means of the sampler program itself, a keyboard, sequencer or other triggering device to perform or compose music. Because these samples are now usually stored in digital memory the information can be quickly accessed. A single sample may often be pitch-shifted to produce musical scales and chords.
- also known as Sample playback synthesizer, Samples
- Sampler a.k.a. Sampler album: A sampler is a type of compilation album generally offered at a reduced price to showcase a selection of artists signed to a particular record label. The format became popular in the late 1960s as record labels sought to promote artists whose work was primarily available in album rather than single format, and therefore had little opportunity to gain exposure through singles-dominated radio airplay. Most samplers showcased already-released material so that as well as sampling the artist they sampled the albums from which the tracks were drawn.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Sampler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Groundwater and Surface Water Pollution (1999)
by David H.F. Liu, Bela G. Liptak
The split-spoon sampler is a 12- or 18-inch long hollow cylinder consisting of two equal semicylindrical halves held together at each end with threaded couplings. The sampler is lowered to the bottom of the borehole and driven with a hammer ...
Applied Aquatic Ecosystem Concepts (2004)
by Gerald L. Mackie
Surber Sampler - The classical stream bottom sampler is the Surber sampler.
A Sarah Dessen e-book Sampler (2011)
by Sarah Dessen
The Sarah Dessen Free eBook Sampler is the ultimate introduction to the highly acclaimed author of ten beloved young adult novels.
Encyclopedia of Chromatography (2005)
by Jack Cazes
Automatic applicator AS 30 TLC A specially modified sampler, by Desaga, converts the AS 30 TLC applicator into a fully automatic applicator system which operates according to the spray-on technique.1 101 A stream of gas carries the sample ...
The Encyclopedia of Seeds (2006)
Science, Technology And Uses by John Derek Bewley, Michael Black, Peter Halmer
Closed bags or sacks Deep Bin Probe (small Neate sampler) Walking stick (pointed end or blunt end) Deep Bin Probe (large Neate sampler) ( + ...
The Encyclopedia of Native Music (2005)
More Than a Century of Recordings from Wax Cylinder to the Internet by Brian Wright-McLeod
2, SOAR Sampler Series ...
Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting (2011)
by Donna Kooler
sampler. These earthy accent pillows were knitted using an easy but intriguing braided pattern. The perfect project for all that left-over yarn you just can't bear to part with. Before you know it, you will be knitting pillows for every room and every ...
Encyclopaedia of Brewing (2013)
by Christopher Boulton
See double-tube sampling spear, Ellis cup grain sampler, conical divider, diverter automatic grain sampler, pelican grain sampler.
Encyclopedia of Optimization (2008)
by Christodoulos A. Floudas, Panos M. Pardalos
Hidden Markov model and Gibbs sampler. The hidden Markov model and the Gibbs sampler are relatively recent approaches which view multiple sequence alignment in a statistical context. Both of them use the central Bayesian idea of ...
Encyclopedia of Marine Sciences (1998)
by Johanna G. Baretta-Bekker, E. K. Duursma, Bouwe R. Kuipers
seawater sampler a device for taking water samples. The usual types are lowered on a wire, and closed at a certain depth by means of an electrical ...
New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Volume 23: Folk Art (2013)
Volume 23: Folk Art by Crown, Carol (ed.)
nation, sampler making and fine silk embroidery had all but disappeared from the curriculum of instruction offered in female seminaries. The midcentury vogue for painted still lifes and coarse Berlin wool embroideries requiring only minimal ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sampler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sampler
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: spablab
A beer sampler at Uncle Billy's.
Photo credit: jeffk
- Lomo Super Sampler
Lomo Super Sampler Camera and Kodak 200 film. Scanned with a Lomo DigiLIZA 35 scanning mask on an Epson V500 canner
Photo credit: Phillip Pessar
- Sampler Sneaking
Photo credit: EverJean
- Faultline Sampler
The beer sampler at Faultline in Sunnyvale.
Photo credit: Kevin Krejci
- Owl Name Sampler Cross Stitch Design
The simple frame really suits this personalized Owl Name Sampler stitched by TJ in Australia.
Photo credit: HollysHobbiesCrossStitch
- Beer Sampler
Vino's in Little Rock
Photo credit: elvis_pelt
- Space Sampler
Pattern from Wendi Gratz.
Photo credit: kellyhogaboom
- Twill weaving sampler
Photo credit: kibbles_bits
- March Sampler of the Month -Threaded Stitches
Photo credit: Dropcloth
- Space Sampler, Close-Up
Pattern from Wendi Gratz.
Photo credit: kellyhogaboom
- Guitar Sampler Trumpet Jane Jane Pollock
Photo credit: cdsessums
- BASF-Sound Chromdioxid sampler tape
Introducing "Special Mechanics"
Photo credit: cassettes
- Sampler for Baby - Heartstring Samplery
Photo credit: wakana b
- Sampler of Colonial Boston
"In prosperity friends will be plenty, but in diversity not one and twenty."
Photo credit: Lori L. Stalteri
- BASF-Sound Chromdioxid sampler J-card
Muster ohne Wert / Sample without commercial value.
Photo credit: cassettes
Video language resources about Sampler
Click on an item to play that video:
- Repel Slang - Mixtape Sampler
DJ BLACKHAND PRESENTS REPEL SLANG SAMPLER MIXTAPE PRODUCED BY S.MASON - MIXED BY DJ BLACKHAND 01. Sup Cuz (00:01) 02. Oppers On Camera (02:15) 03. Ride Widda...
- TLC Explanation Video Sampler
Brief sampling of explanation video, or cameraless video, projects developed here at TLC Creative Services for a variety of industries.
- "The Meaning of Christmas" sampler presented by Grace Walk Community Church 12-24-11
Grace Walk Community Church presents "The Meaning of Christmas", SAMPLER, December 24th, 2011 Extended version...
- Darby's Vocabulary Sampler
Darby at 17-1/2 months, signing an d saying a few words.
- "Busy Beavers DVD Party!" - YouTube Sampler, Kids Toddler English ESL Learning Songs
This Full Hour of Kids English Learning Videos Teaches Everything from the Alphabet to Verbs, Seasons and More. Try it with your Students in the Classroom or...
- Language Play for Infants: a sampler
early literacy and developmentally appropriate practices for infants.
- The Language of Light (sampler) Bonaire
A short time-lapse taken over two years at various locations on the Caribbean island of Bonaire. For Emerald LaFortune Music by Andre Belle courtesy themusic...
See also the pronunciation examples of Sampler!
Scrabble value of S1A1M3P3L1E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SAMPLER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sampler!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Sampler to find many related words and phrases!