The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun sampler:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun sampler
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sampler
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sampler
- Photos about Sampler
- Video language resources about Sampler
- Sign language
- Quotes about Sampler
- Scrabble value of S1A1M3P3L1E1R1
- Anagrams of SAMPLER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sampler
What does sampler mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: samplers
- an observation station that is set up to make sample observations of something
- someone who samples food or drink for its quality
- an assortment of various samples
- examples: a candy sampler | a sampler of French poets
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- more generic terms: assortment / miscellanea / miscellany / mixed bag / mixture / motley / potpourri / salmagundi / smorgasbord / variety = a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- a piece of embroidery demonstrating skill with various stitches
Alternative definition of the noun sampler
- someone whose job is to take samples
- a device that takes samples
- [music] A digital device that merges together samples of recordings
- a piece of needlework embroidered with a variety of designs
- a representative selection of a larger group
Sampler a.k.a. The Sampler is a fictional character from the 2013 film Upstream Color.
- read more about The Sampler
- "Sampler" is a compilation album by the English rock band Cardiacs, released in 1995.
- "Sampler" is an EP by CURB Records artist Plumb. It features songs from her album Beautiful Lumps of Coal. It is available digitally on Yahoo! Music.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Steven Wilson.
- released on
- "Sampler" is a musical EP of Three Loco.
- released on
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Kit Watkins.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Nuclear Rabbit.
- "Sampler" is a musical EP of Aan.
- released in
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Anastacia.
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Regina Musical Collection.
- "Sampler" is a musical EP of Shrug & Shrug.
- "Sampler" is a musical single of Anorak Girl.
- "Sampler" is a musical EP of Temposhark.
- "Sampler" is a musical album of The End of May.
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Sworn Enemy.
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Enya.
- "Sampler" is a musical album of Faithless.
- "Sampler" is a musical album of [classical music].
"Sampler" is a book by Emily Dickinson.
- Sampler: A sampler is an electronic musical instrument similar in some respects to a synthesizer but, instead of generating sounds, it uses recordings of sounds that are loaded or recorded into it by the user and then played back by means of the sampler program itself, a keyboard, sequencer or other triggering device to perform or compose music. Because these samples are now usually stored in digital memory the information can be quickly accessed. A single sample may often be pitch-shifted to produce musical scales and chords.
- also known as Sample playback synthesizer, Samples
- Sampler a.k.a. Sampler album: A Sampler album is an album of selected tracks from other albums released by a record company, at a reduced price, to stimulate sales in the individual albums.
- read more about Sampler album
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sampler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Farid Ahmed
sampler is the most common sampling device for sampling from a grain stream (Figure 2.3). The DT takes a classic systematic...
The pelican sampler is a leather bag on the end of a pole (Figure 2.4). A person passes the ...
by Sarah Dessen
The Sarah Dessen Free eBook Sampler is the ultimate introduction to the highly acclaimed author of ten beloved young adult novels.
by Mihalis Lazaridis, Ian Colbeck
Generally, a tube sampler is a dosimeter with long diffusion length and small sorption area, while a badge sampler is a dosimeter with short diffusion distance and large sorption area. In tube-type devices, the tubular part defines the diffusion ...
by Michael J. Pyrcz, Clayton V. Deutsch
Gibbs Sampler The Gibbs sampler is a statistical algorithm that was first proposed by Geman and Geman (1984); it is a...
The basic idea of a Gibbs sampler is that of resampling individual variables conditional to others in the same sample ...
by William Lyons, Gary J Plisga, BS, Michael Lorenz
The spoon sampler is a specified size (usually a 2-in. OD). The number of blows per foot to the spoon...
spoon sampler is the standard method of driving the sampler into the borehole bottom. Table 2.5.5 shows a system of correlation of ...
Can You Hear Me Now? (2009)
The Inspiration, Wisdom, and Insight of Michael Eric Dyson by Michael Eric Dyson
A digital sampler is a synthesizer that stores in its computerized memory a variety of sounds (a James Brown scream, a TV theme song, a guitar riff, a bass line) that are reproduced when activated by the producer. The DJ and the producer ...
One disadvantage of using the P ́olya urn Gibbs sampler is that one cannot directly sample from the posterior ofthe ...
Proceedings of the International Conference Held in London on 30-31 March 1995 by C. Craig, Institution of Civil Engineers (Great Britain)
THE EQUIPMENT AND THE SAMPLING PROCESS The dynamic 'window' sampler is a light weight sampling unit which uses specially constructed sampling tubes driven into the ground by a hydraulically powered or petrol driven high ...
The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings by Peter Gianotti
The raw bar sampler is a good way to Town of Southampton 255.
An additional issue with the Gibbs sampler is the fact 85 Model simulation.
by Neil J. Salkind
= Another useful modification to the generic Metropolis-Hastings sampler is the Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods——— 571.
by Martine Ceberio, Vladik Kreinovich
A sampler is a randomized algorithm that transforms independent and identically distributed (IID) samples from M, the uniformly distributed random variable on the unit interval, to those from the desired random object, say the random vector T ...
by Jack Cazes
Automatic applicator AS 30 TLC A specially modified sampler, by Desaga, converts the AS 30 TLC applicator into a fully automatic applicator system which operates according to the spray-on technique.1 101 A stream of gas carries the sample ...
by Carl A. Batt
Sampler. The air to be examined is directed via a narrow slit to the surface of a solid growth medium (agar) in an open Petri dish (Figure 1). To get an even distribution of microorganisms over the surface of the agar, the dish is rotated.
Illustrated Dictionary and Resource Directory of Environmental and Occupational Health, Second Edition (2016)
by Herman Koren
cascade impactor air inlet sampler airborne bioaerosols air inlet air sampler pump glass midget impinger 4 3 2 ...
by John S. Scott
sampler (1) mechanical s., sample splitter [min.] A device for reducing the volume of a crushed sample to a representative sample which can be handled in the laboratory, e.g. a riffle samr pler.
by Frank J. Fabozzi
Implementationofthe Gibbs sampler requires that parameters' conditional posterior distributions be known. Sometimes, however, the conditional posterior distributions have no closed forms. In these cases, a special form of the Gibbs sampler, ...
Some samples, for example, from farm tanks, must be taken only by a certified sampler because such samples will be used as the basis of payment for the raw milk. Other samples, for example, cream for butter manufacture, often involve only ...
More Than a Century of Recordings from Wax Cylinder to the Internet by Brian Wright-McLeod
2, SOAR Sampler Series ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sampler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sampler
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ian Norman (Lonely Speck)
Beer sampler in the Quartir Latin.
This work is licensed under Creative Commons 2.0 Generic.
You are free to share and to remix with attribution.
Photo credit: modomatic
Photo credit: jchapiewsky
A beer sampler at Uncle Billy's.
Photo credit: jeffk
- Brewery sampler
Photo credit: Ben Husmann
- Beer sampler
Photo credit: QuinnDombrowski
- Beer Sampler
Vino's in Little Rock
Photo credit: elvis_pelt
- November Sampler
Photo credit: reader of the pack
- Twill weaving sampler
Photo credit: kibbles_bits
- Barley House Beer Sampler
Photo credit: keepitsurreal
- Action Sampler
Photo credit: jaycousa
View more pictures about The Sampler.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Sampler
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sampler Meaning
Video shows what sampler means. Someone whose job is to take samples.. A device that takes samples.. A digital device that merges together samples of ...
- Movement With A Meaning Sampler
- Darby's Vocabulary Sampler
- "The Meaning of Christmas" sampler presented by Grace Walk Community Church 12-24-11
Grace Walk Community Church presents "The Meaning of Christmas", SAMPLER, December 24th, 2011 Extended version...
- TLC Explanation Video Sampler
- "Busy Beavers DVD Party!" - YouTube Sampler, Kids Toddler English ESL Learning Songs
This Full Hour of Kids English Learning Videos Teaches Everything from the Alphabet to Verbs, Seasons and More. Try it with your Students in the Classroom or ...
- The Language of Light (sampler) Bonaire
A short time-lapse taken over two years at various locations on the Caribbean island of Bonaire. For Emerald LaFortune Music by Andre Belle courtesy ...
- Language Play for Infants: a sampler
early literacy and developmentally appropriate practices for infants.
View more videos about Album Sampler.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sampler!
American Sign Language Sampler
Hand Signs are backstiched.
Quotes about Sampler
Orchestras are not used to playing the kind of stuff jazz musicians like to play. It requires a lot of rehearsal and recording time, so it's much easier to do on a synth or sampler. So, we came up with that idea. (Eberhard Weber)
more quotes about sampler...
Scrabble value of S1A1M3P3L1E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SAMPLER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sampler!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sampler to see it in context!