Sap appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Pa's a sap.
- Emu fat sap pasta fume.
- At sap time, remit pasta.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun sap:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb sap:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun sap
- Definition of the verb sap
- Phrases with Sap
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sap
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sap
- Photos about Sap
- Videos about Sap
- Quotes about Sap
- Scrabble value of S1A1P3
- Anagrams of SAP
- Share this page
Sap is sometimes a misspelling of shape.
The word sap is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sap
What does sap mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: saps
- a watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant
- a person who lacks good judgment
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of sap: fool / muggins / saphead / tomfool
- more generic words: simple / simpleton = a person lacking intelligence or common sense
- more specific terms:
- ass = a pompous fool
- buffoon / clown = a rude or vulgar fool
- flibbertigibbet / foolish woman = a female fool
- fucker = a stupid despised man
- goofball / fathead / jackass / cuckoo / goose / bozo / goof / twat / zany = a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
- meshuggeneh / meshuggener = a crazy fool
- morosoph = a learned fool
- putz = a fool
- wally = a silly and inept person
- a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people
Alternative definition of the noun sap
- [uncountable] The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
- [uncountable] The sap-wood, or alburnum, of a tree.
- [slang, countable] A simpleton; a saphead; a milksop; a naive person.
- [countable, US, slang] A short wooden club; a leather-covered hand weapon; a blackjack.
- [military] A narrow ditch or trench made from the foremost parallel toward the glacis or covert way of a besieged place by digging under cover of gabions, etc.
Definition of the verb sap
What does sap mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: sapped, sapping
- excavate the earth beneath
Alternative definition of the verb sap
- [transitive, slang] To strike with a sap (with a blackjack).
- [transitive] To subvert by digging or wearing away; to mine; to undermine; to destroy the foundation of.
- [transitive, military] To pierce with saps.
- To make unstable or infirm; to unsettle; to weaken.
- [transitive] To gradually weaken.
- [intransitive] To proceed by mining, or by secretly undermining; to execute saps — 12
- SAP a.k.a. SAP SE is a German multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, with regional corporate offices in the United States and Canada.
- read more about SAP SE
- SAP is a brand.
- SAP is a venture funded company.
Who is Sap?
Sap: Johnathan King, better known by his stage name Sap is an American hip hop record producer and rapper. SAP is an acronym for "Sound Of A Pioneer". He works closely with producers Cool & Dre, and is signed to their record label Epidemic Records and Cash Money Records. Sap has produced for artists such as Mac Miller, The Game, Schoolboy Q, Tyga, Juicy J, Juelz Santana, Fat Joe, Freddie Gibbs, and Meek Mill among others. He is best known for producing Mac Miller's Platinum single "Donald Trump" and "Watching Movies", and The Game's "Celebration". As a rapper he is the leader of the group The P.I.O.N.E.E.R.S.
- also known as Johnathan King, Jonathan King, Sap Da Beat Man
- born on (24 years ago) in Chester
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Rapper, record producer, songwriter
- genre: Hip hop music
- albums: "Sap On Da Beat", "Surprise, Surprise", "Sound Of A Pioneer"
- Sap is a fictional character from the 2007 Thai action-comedy film Bus Lane.
- SAP is a fictional character from the 2010 film Halo Legends.
"Sap" is an award-nominated short film, written and directed by Hyun-Joo Kim.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Lucie Wenigerová
- starring: Kevin Walton
- cinematography by Hyun-Joo Kim
- edited by Catherine Hendrie
- music by Bradley Miles
- genre: Animation
- released on (13 years ago)
- award: - BAFTA Award for Best Short Animated Film nomination for Hyun-Joo Kim & Lucie Wenigerová
- "SAP" is the first studio EP by the American rock band Alice in Chains. It was released on February 4, 1992 through Columbia Records.
- "Sap" a.k.a. "Sāp" is a composition.
- "Sap" is a musical album of Olivelawn.
- Sap a.k.a. Sáp is a village in Hajdú-Bihar county, in the Northern Great Plain region of eastern Hungary.
- Sap is a village and municipality in the Dunajská Streda District in the Trnava Region of south-west Slovakia. The outlet channel of the Gabčíkovo – Nagymaros Dams re-enters the Danube at the village.
- also known as Sap, Hungary
- part of Hungary
- Sap a.k.a. Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport Aeropuerto Internacional Ramón Villeda Morales, also known as La Mesa International Airport, is located 11 km from the city of San Pedro Sula, in the Cortés Department in Honduras. The airport is named after Ramón Villeda Morales, who served as President of Honduras from 1957 to 1963.
- also known as Ramon Villeda Morales International Airport, Ramón Villeda Morales Airport
- part of Honduras
There are other places with in their name, like SAP Arena.
- SAP a.k.a. The Swedish Social Democratic Party, contesting elections as the Arbetarepartiet–Socialdemokraterna, usually referred to just as the 'Social Democrats'; is the oldest and largest political party in Sweden, founded in 1889. In 1917, a schism occurred when the left socialists split from the Social Democrats to form the Swedish Social Democratic Left Party. The symbol of the SAP is traditionally a red rose, which is believed to have been Fredrik Ström's idea. The words of honour, as recorded by the 2001 party programme, are "freedom, equality, and solidarity.
- read more about Swedish Social Democratic Party
- Sap a.k.a. Sanapaná Language: Sanapana is a language of the Paraguayan Chaco. Use is vigorous, and it is a language of instruction in primary schools.
- also known as Quilyacmoc, Sanam, Quiativis, Saapa, Lanapsua
- sap is a gene.
- Sap a.k.a. amyloid P component, serum is a gene.
- also known as 9.5S alpha-1-glycoprotein, pentaxin-related, serum amyloid P component
- Sap a.k.a. SH2 domain protein 1A, Duncan's disease (lymphoproliferative syndrome) is a gene.
- also known as SLAM (signaling lymphocyte activation molecule) associated protein, SH2 domain protein 1A
Phrases with Sap
Phrases starting with the word Sap:
Phrases ending with the word Sap:
Other phrases containing the word Sap:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sap
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Textbook of Critical Care (2011)
by Jean-Louis Vincent, Edward Abraham, Patrick Kochanek, Frederick A. Moore, Mitchell P. Fink
SAP is a life-threatening disease, however, that can require intensive support, especially during the initial inflammatory period of SIRS, when massive fluid resuscitation and ventilatory, cardiovascular, renal, and nutritional support may be ...
Myth Or Reality? by Roger MacGinty, Oliver Richmond
The Stabilisation and Association Process (SAp) Launched in May 1999, to cover Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedo- nia and Serbia-Montenegro, the SAp is the cornerstone of EU policy of imposing the liberal ...
Renaissance Woman (1995)
A Sourcebook : Constructions of Femininity in England by Kate Aughterson
Secondly, that in conception the same thing happens as in the curdling of milk: for the body or matter is the milk, the sap is the curdling agent or cause of the reaction. So in conception the female supplies matter only, namely the blood, the ...
Solids and Liquids (2012)
by Louise Spilsbury, Richard Spilsbury
Sap is a thick liquid produced ...
Collaboration in Outsourcing (2016)
A Journey to Quality by S. Brinkkemper, Slinger Jansen
SAP is the world's leading provider ofbusiness software solutions. Its mission is to help its clientsachieveconsiderably higher levels of effectiveness and efficiencyintheirbusiness operations – profitable and sustainable growth by enabling ...
by Cathy Ace
SAP is the average CPT that a particular station has sold its airtime at over a particular month, as follows: – Gross Revenue divided by Station Impacts = Station Cost. – Station average price can be further calculated to give SAPs for particular ...
by Mike Brogden, Clifford D. Shearing
The 'closed' nature of the political system together with the military nature of the SAP means that most state police practices have been defined as beyond legitimate public concern. Parliamentary debates have indicated that the line between ...
A Reader on Business Models and Partnering by Karl Popp
SAP is a profit organization, while both ODA and Eclipse are a non-profit association with members. As a consequence, the membership models offers a set benefits that covers a wider range. Benefits are not limited to platform, financial or ...
by Harry Henderson
SAP (NYSE symbol: SAP) is a german acronym for Systeme, Anwendungen, und Produkete in der Datenverarbeitung (“Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing”). Five former IBm engineers in germany founded the company in ...
by Rolf H. J. Schlegel
America Strychnos nux-vomica Strychnine All organs India Loganiaceae Viscum album Vincetoxin Leaves, sap Europe, Asia Antiaris toxicaria Antiarine, antiosidine Sap Southeast Asia Loranthaceae Paeonia officinalis Paeonine Rhizome, ...
by Tatnall, Arthur
The SAP portal platform provides a single point of access to a variety of information sources in an organization and enables personalization of this content based on the user's classification. Content is provided in the portal client through a ...
by Robert S. Igoe
Maple Sugar Asweetener obtained by concentrating the sap of the maple sugar tree. It consists of approximately 95 percent sucrose, 2 percent invert sugar, and ash. This is the dry form of maple syrup which is used in syrups and candy.
by Douglas Q. Adams
Nut Oak Pine Pitch [Sap] Poplar [Aspen, Poplar] Resin [Sap] Root [Branch] Sap Sloetree Sprout [Leaf] Thorn [Branch] Tree Trees ...
Encyclopaedia; Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature; Constructed on a Plan, by which the Different Sciences and Arts are Digested Into the Form of Distinct Treatises of Systems ... [& Supplement] (1803)
We should therefore examine the sap as early in the season as possible, and at all events before the leaves have expanded. For the most complete set of experiments hitherto made upon the sap, we are indebted to Mr Vauquelin. An account ...
by George Byres Mainwaring
Sart — Sap Jap— Sam-Si San 1. s. dry wood as for fire-wood mi Sah van burnt wood M.; adjly. of wood; belonging to wood, Sah fak vb. to dry wood before fire; Sah vom and Sah Suit damp wood; Sah Son vb. to dry wood; Sail hriip vb. to ...
A Description of Tools, Instruments, Machines, Processes, and Engineering; History of Inventions; General Technological Vocabulary; and Digest of Mechanical Appliances in Science and the Arts by Edward Henry Knight
The sap advances by a series of zigzags, so directed as not to be exposed to an enfilading fire from the fortress.
Sap-boil'er. A furnace with pans for evaporating the sap of the maple.
by Thomas M. Leonard
As with IMF/World Bank packages elsewhere, Ghana's SAP entailed trade liberalization; public-sector retrenchment; removal of subsidies on food, petrol. and social services, including health and education. increased taxes, privatization.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sap
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sap
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: vladislav.bezrukov
Photo credit: xshutter_bugx
Photo credit: vladislav.bezrukov
Captura de Pantalla. Pagina SAP ERP
Photo credit: María T.
Photo credit: Banalities
Photo credit: siraf72
- Sap Bucket
collecting tree-sap. goodness knows what for.
Photo credit: Aidan Jones
- SAP Logos
Photo credit: Marc_Smith
- SAP Restaurant
Photo credit: vladislav.bezrukov
- Tonle Sap Fishing Net
Tonle Sap: Fishing Nets
Photo credit: Anandajoti
- SAP Hamburg
Photo credit: Paul!!!
- Google and SAP
Amit Singh of Google and Sanjay Poonen of SAP talk with Tony @ the AlwaysOn Silicon Valley Innovation Summit.
Photo credit: Kevin Krejci
- SAP Reception
Not often that plenty of fellow Irregulars come to your home town.
Photo credit: System One Gang
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sap
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sap Meaning
Video shows what sap means. The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
- SAP ABAP ONLINE TRAINING - BEST Explanation
Training @SAP ABAP ONLINE TRAINING, Course Mode: ABAP ONLINE TRAINING and Course Duration: 60 Hours, @ SAP ABAP CERTIFICATION, Free offers: ...
- SAP Security Tutorial | Online Training Video| Live project Explanation
- SAP HANA Academy - HRF: 2. How to create a simple vocabulary
In this tutorial, Rob Case discusses how to create a simple vocabulary on SAP HANA Rules Framework.
- 4 Jargon-Free Ways SAP HANA Can Help You Run Simple, SAPPHIRE NOW 2015
SAP HANA can help users increase capacity, improve agility, predict (instead of react) and tap into new revenue streams. Part of the Experience Zone -- a.k.a. ...
- SAP Bex Query properties definition
Display SAP Bex Query properties definition into screen.
- SAP Bex Query's definition to PDF files
Converts multiple SAP BeX Query definition to PDF files.
- SAP Bex Query's definition
- SAP BASIS Real Time Scenario 2- 2 min explanation then practical
- SAP Bex Query's definition. Expand KeyFigureDefinition
Display SAP Bex Query key figure definition first without Expand KeyFigure parameter and after that, display same query with expanded key figures.
- SAP BPC10.1 Planning terminology session | Bpc terminology |maxsoftsolutions
- SAP Bex Query's filter definition
Display multiple SAP Bex Query filter definition to screen.
- SAP Bex Query's definition into screen on PDF format
Converts multiple SAP BeX Query definition into PDF format and after that save PDF to local directory.
- SAP Archiving Terminology
- SAP ABAP Online Training free Demo - Must watch Best Explanation
- Lecture 5 TERMINOLOGY USED IN SAP GRC 10
- SAP BASIS - How to Activate a New Logon Language on SAP
Quick video that shows how to activate a new installed language on SAP. If the desired language is not activated, first you will need to install it. Please, refer to ...
- SAP ERP Install language
SAP ERP Install language.
- Beginners Guide - Learn SAP ABAP - SE11 Data Dictionary - Create A SAP Table
Learn SAP ABAP - SE11 Data Dictionary - Create A SAP Table Beginners Guide to Learning SAP ABAP - Data Dictionary - Creating A Table Part 2 If you missed ...
- SAP ABAP Tutorial || Data Dictionary in SAP ABAP
SAP ABAP Tutorial || Data Dictionary in SAP ABAP.
- SAP ABAP Creating Views In Data Dictionary
SAP ABAP FREE ONLINE eLEARNING Go Through WebSite...
- SAP HANA Academy - Structured Query Language series: 2. Select & From Clauses
Watch as Tahir Hussain Babar walks us through using the SQL Editor to select data within SAP HANA tables.
- SAP HANA Academy - Basic Scripting using Calculation Engine (CE) language
Learn how to create a simple script using the native Calculation Engine Scripting language.
- SAP HANA Academy - Structured Query Language series: 4. Functions
Watch as Tahir Hussain Babar walks us through using the SQL Editor functions such as count or sum of data within SAP HANA Studio.
- SAP ABAP Data Dictionary and Classical Reports Full Training Real time examples
- SAP HANA Academy - Structured Query Language series: 10. Insert Statement
Watch as Tahir Hussain Babar walks us through using the SQL Editor to Insert data into tables within SAP HANA Studio.
- Show table indexes in SAP dictionary
Navigation for viewing contents of tables in the data dictionary in SAP ECC 6.0.
- SAP HANA Academy - Text Analysis: 3c. Custom Dictionary Configurations
In this series of videos, Tahir Hussain Babar illustrates the Text Analysis features of SAP HANA. In this video, he will examine the Custom Dictionary ...
- SAP HANA Academy - Structured Query Language series: 19. Defining Table Types
Watch as Tahir Hussain Babar walks through creating and altering table in the SAP HANA Studio SQL editor.
- How to Create Structure in SAP (SE11 ABAP DATA Dictionary)
Simple procedure to create a structure in SAP se11 transaction in ABAP DDIC with a simple example of of student data for the demo purpose.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sap!
Quotes about Sap
Scrabble value of S1A1P3
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SAP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sap!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sap to see it in context!