The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb satiate:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective satiate
- Definition of the verb satiate
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Satiate
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Satiate
- Photos about Satiate
- Video language resources about Satiate
- Quotes about Satiate
- Scrabble value of S1A1T1I1A1T1E1
- Anagrams of SATIATE
- Share this page
Satiate (to satisfy) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Barron's absolutely essential words for the GRE, which includes 300 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
Definition of the adjective satiate
What does satiate mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- supplied (especially fed) to satisfaction
Alternative definition of the adjective satiate
- Filled to satisfaction or to excess.
Definition of the verb satiate
What does satiate mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: satiated | satiating | satiates
- fill to satisfaction
- overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
Alternative definition of the verb satiate
- [transitive] To fill to satisfaction; to satisfy.
- [transitive] To satisfy to excess. To fill to satiety.
Definition of the verb satiate for high school students
- to satisfy excessively
- example: Satiated after eating far too much turkey and stuffing, Liza lay on the couch watching football and suffering from stomach pains.
The verb satiate is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- "Satiate" is the first album released by Avail in 1992. Satiate was originally released on the band's own Catheter-Assembly Records, then re-released on Old Glory Records later that year. In 1994, Lookout! Records issued the album on CD with two additional tracks, taken from Avail's 7" release Attempt to Regress.
- "Satiate" is a musical album of Ellie Herring.
- released on
- "Satiate" is a musical album of Morgan Ranstrom.
- released on (4 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Satiate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of the English Language; in which the Words are Deduced from Their Originals; and Illustrated in Their Different Significations ... Together with a History of the Language, and an English Grammar. By Samuel Johnson ... Whith Numerous Corrections, and with the Addition of Several Thousand Words ... by the Rev. H.J. Todd ... In Four Volumes. Vol. 1. [-4.] (1818)
To SATIATE. v. a. [satio, Lat.] ...
In which the Words are Deduced from Their Originals, and Illustrated in Their Different Significations by Examples from the Best Writers. To which are Prefixed a History of the Language, and an English Grammar by Samuel Johnson
To SATIATE. v. a. [satio, Lat.] ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
Although both satiate and sate can imply no more than a complete satisfying, both terms more often imply an overfilling or an overfeeding so that there is no longer a pleasure in what once pleased or seemed desirable (the ordinary Roman ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Satiate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Satiate
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ziegfried_Rasmuson
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Satiate
Click on an item to play that video:
- Satiate Meaning
Video shows what satiate means. To fill to satisfaction; to satisfy.. To satisfy to excess. To fill to satiety.. Satiate Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Learn English Vocabulary - New Word: Satiate
Master your vocabulary by watching this Interactive way of Learning NEW English Words. Learn the meaning and the usage of the word 'Satiate' in a fun filled ...
- Satiate | Meaning | Pronunciation | Origin
Improve your English and master the language by increasing your Vocabulary with this easy to learn and fun voice based channel that brings you a word from ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Satiate!
Quotes about Satiate
Scrabble value of S1A1T1I1A1T1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SATIATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Satiate!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Satiate to see it in context!