On this page:
Definition of the noun sea pea
What does sea pea mean as a name of something?
- wild pea of seashores of north temperate zone having tough roots and purple flowers and useful as a sand binder
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Lathyrus aleuticus / species Lathyrus aleuticus / Lathyrus japonicus japonicus / form Lathyrus japonicus japonicus / Lathyrus japonicus aleuticus / variety Lathyrus japonicus aleuticus / variety Lathyrus japonicus japonicus / Lathyrus japonicus maritimus / variety Lathyrus japonicus maritimus / Lathyrus japonicus pellitus / variety Lathyrus japonicus pellitus / Lathyrus maritimus pubescens / form Lathyrus maritimus pubescens / Lathyrus maritimus aleuticus / variety Lathyrus maritimus aleuticus / Lathyrus maritimus pellitus / variety Lathyrus maritimus pellitus / Pisum maritimum pubescens / variety Pisum maritimum pubescens / Lathyrus japonicus / Lathyrus maritimus
- synonym of sea pea: beach pea
- more generic term: wild pea = any of various plants of the family Leguminosae that usually grow like vines
- member of: genus Lathyrus / Lathyrus = genus of climbing herbs of Old World and temperate North and South America: vetchling
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for sea pea
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A dictionary of diet; being a practical treatise on all pabulary and nutritive substances, etc (1834)
by J. S. Forsyth
Common Walnut, — Chestnut, East India Kidney Bean, Eastern Macardium, or Malacca Bean, - French Physia Nut, Hazel Nut, Incurved podded birds-foot trefoil, Indian Physia Nut, Jesuit's Nut, Lentil, Pistachia Nut, Pigeon Pea, Sea Pea, ...
by Anthony Florian Madinger Willich
Sea pea; ...
A Complete Dictionary of Practical Gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art ... with correct engravings ... from original drawings by Sydenham Edwards (1807)
by Alexander MACDONALD (pseud. [i.e. R. W. Dickson.])
Scull Cap Scurvy Grass Sea Buckthorn Sea Cabbage Sea Daffodil Sea Grape Sea Holly Sea Laurel Sea Laurel Sea Lavender Sea Onion Sea Pea Sea Pink Sea Pigeon-pea Sea Purslane Sea-side Grape Seal, Solomon's Sebesten Sedum, ...
Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts and Sciences; on an Improved Plan: in which the Respective Sciences are Arranged Into Complete Systems, and the Arts Digested Into Distinct Treatises; Also the Detached Parts of Knowledge Alphabetically Arranged and Copiously Explained, According to the Best Authorities
Sea pea. 16. Pig pea. See Pisum. - PEACE, n. s. 1. Respite from war.—2. Quiet from 'suits or disturbances.—3. Rest from any commotion.—4. $ tilness from riots or tumults.-5. Reconciliation of differences.—6. A state not hostile.
Comprehending All the Modern Improvements in the Art; Whether in the Raising of the Various Esculent Vegetables, Or in the Forcing and Managing of Different Sorts of Fruits and Plants, and that of Laying Out, Ornamenting, and Planting, Gardens and Pleasure Grounds: with Correct Engravings ... from Original Drawings by Sydenham Edwards by R. W. Dickson
lion Sea Pea Sea Pink Sea Pigeon-pea Sea-l'urslane Sea-side Grape Seal, Solomon's Sehesten Sedun , ...
On an Improved Plan : in which the Respective Sciences are Arranged Into Complete Systems, and the Arts Digested Into Distinct Treatises : Also the Detached Parts of Knowledge Alphabetically Arranged and Copiously Explained, According to the Best Authorities; : Containing a Digest and Display of the Whole Theory and Practice of the Liberal and Mechanical Arts, Comprising a General Repository of Ancient and Modern Literature, from the Earliest Ages Down to the Present Time ... : The Whole Forming a General Circle of Science, and Comprehensive Library of Universal Knowledge. : Illustrated with One Hundred and Seventy Copper Plates, Descriptive of the Subjects to which They Refer
Sea pea. 16. Pig pea. See PISUMPEACE, ...
by George Morley Story, W. J. Kirwin, John David Allison Widdowson
the sea pea, Pisum Maritimum. sea-pheasant: pintail duck (Anas acuta). 1842 BONNYCASTLE ii, 236 The pintail duck. . .from its ...
In which the Words are Deduced from Their Originals; and Illustrated in Their Different Significations, by Examples from the Best Writers: Together with a History of the Language, and an English Grammar by Samuel Johnson
Sea pea. 16. Pig pea. Miller. To this enumeration by Miller may be added the Prussian pea. PEACE. m. s. [pair, Fr. pair, Lat.] ...
Containing the Best and Newest Methods of Cultivating and Improving the Kitchen, Fruit and Flower Garden ... by Philip Miller
[Sea Pea has a perennial root, running far and deep among the stones or into the sand in every direction. Stems procumbent, quadrangular, a little compressed, ...
by Abraham Rees
the sea pea (P. maritimum); and the yellow-flowered pea (P. ochrus). Of the first sort there are two ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for sea pea
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about sea pea
If you need images about sea pea for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of SEA PEA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of sea pea!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of sea pea to find many related words and phrases!