On this page:
Definition of the noun secretor
What does secretor mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: secretors
- any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- alternative spelling: secreter
- synonyms of secretor: gland / secretory organ
- more generic word: organ = a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- more specific terms:
- green gland = one of a pair of glands (believed to have excretory functions) in some crustaceans near the base of the large antennae
- sericterium / silk gland / serictery = silk-producing gland of insects (especially of a silkworm) or spiders
- exocrine gland / duct gland / exocrine = a gland that secretes externally through a duct
- endocrine gland / ductless gland / endocrine = any of the glands of the endocrine system that secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream
- part: acinus = one of the small sacs or saclike dilations in a compound gland
Alternative definition of the noun secretor
- A person who or animal that secretes (emits a bodily fluid).
- antonym: non-secretor
- A person who secretes comparatively large quantities of blood-group antigens in their bodily fluids.
- [physiology] A cell, tissue or organ such as a gland, that produces a bodily secretion.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Secretor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Prosecution Complex (2013)
America's Race to Convict and Its Impact on the Innocent by Daniel S. Medwed
A Type A secretor is a person with A blood who secretes A antigens into bodily fluids; expert testimony at Goodman's trial suggested that 32 percent of the population falls into this category. At the time of the murder more accurate methods of ...
A Question and Answer Book by Kenneth C. Chern, Kenneth Weston Wright
The reflex secretor is the main lacrimal gland. Stimulation of the first branch of the trigeminal nerve can induce tearing through a reflex arc. Meibomian glands secrete oily fluid for the lipid layer. D) Long posterior ciliary nerves Innervation to the ...
by Danielle Sapse, Lawrence Kobilinsky
A secretor is a person whose blood markers are found in other fluids of the body, such as semen and saliva. Coakley had blood type A, which did not correspond with the group found in the semen from the victim. Even though that fact should ...
Secretor,. and. Lewis. The ABO system is very useful in criminal investigations, especially for excluding a wrongfully accused person. The reagents are readily available and the testing is easy to perform and read. Gene frequencies for the ABO ...
Concise Medical Dictionary (2015)
by Elizabeth Martin
secretor. n. a person in whose saliva and other body fluids are found traces of the watersoluble A, B, or O agglutinogens that determine *blood group. section. 1. n. (in surgery) the act of cutting (the cut or division made is also called a section).
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions - Australian & New Zealand Edition (2014)
by Peter Harris, Sue Nagy, Nicholas Vardaxis
secretor factor, a substance that triggers the release of AO blood group antigens into exocrine secretions. secretory /skrtr/, pertaining to or contributing to the function of secretion.
by Chris Brooker
secretor n a person who secretes ABO blood group antigens in saliva or gastric juice. Þ non- secretor. secretory adj involved in the process of secretion: describes a gland which ...
Dictionary of Nursing (2003)
by Peter Hodgson Collin
by Oxford University Press
Secretor, Senhorita, señorita , Sita, skeeter, teeter, terra incognita, theta, treater, tweeter, ureter, Veleta, zeta .
by P. K. Mohanty
and Lalita Ghosh, 'A Genetic Survey Among the Paniyan, a South Indian AboriginalTrihe: ABO, MN Blood Group, Secretor Factor and Taste Ability,' Bulletin of the Department of Anthropology, Government of India, 3(1), 1954, pp.
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
drumbeater, eggbeater, excreter, fire-eater, flowmeter, man- eater, Main Streeter, maltreater, preheater, propraetor, repeater, saltpeter, secretor, seedeater, toadeater, Wall Streeter, windcheater, world- beater altimeter, centiliter, centimeter, ...
by Frederic Adolphus Ebert
secretor. de. virtutib. herbar.lapidumet animalium. (.Bob.) J. ( Schrtber) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Secretor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Secretor
Baccharis cylindrica - caule com duto secretor
Photo credit: (biophotos)
Video about Secretor
Video shows what secretor means. A person who or animal that secretes (emits a bodily fluid).. A person who secretes comparatively large quantities of ...
Quotes about Secretor
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'secretor"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of S1E1C3R1E1T1O1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SECRETOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Secretor!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Secretor to find many related words and phrases!