Sedan appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- To grenades, animals revenge bid erred; I beg: never slam in a sedan ergot.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sedan
What does sedan mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sedans
- a car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors
- a closed litter for one passenger
Alternative definition of the noun sedan
- an enclosed windowed chair suitable for a single occupant, carried by at least two porters, in equal numbers in front and behind, using wooden rails that passed through metal brackets on the sides of the chair
- [US, Australia, New Zealand] The most common body style for modern cars, with a boot or trunk.
- synonym: saloon [UK]
- Sedan is a commune in France, a sub-prefecture of the Ardennes department in northern France.
- Sedan is the county seat of and the largest city in Chautauqua County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,124.
- Sedan is a city in Pope County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 45 at the 2010 census.
- Sedan is an unincorporated community in Richland Township, DeKalb County, Indiana.
- Sedan a.k.a. Sedan, West Virginia: Sedan is an unincorporated community in Hampshire County in the U.S. state of West Virginia. Sedan is located between Hanging Rock and Delray on Delray Road in the North River Valley. The community was named for the Battle of Sedan, shortly after the battle was fought during the Franco-Prussian War on September 1, 1870. A post office operated in Sedan from 1871 to 1935.
- read more about Sedan, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Sedan Township.
Phrases with Sedan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sedan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
WISE 2005 International Workshops, New York, NY, USA, November 20-22, 2005, Proceedings by Yuanbo Guo, Woochun Jun, Roland Kaschek, Shonati Krishnaswamy, Zhengxiang Pan, Quan Z. Sheng
Since Sedan is a child of Car in the Vehicle ontology, it returns 82.5%. According to Paolucci , this case still returns a matching degree of exact match. It is clear that a quantitative measure based on Semantic Distance, allows explicit ...
by King Kramer
Private Sedan Private sedan is the Smart Luxury Class way.
by Phil Edmonston
Second-generation: Once again, the Genesis sedan is an exemplar of conservative elegance inside and out. The cabin design is a delight, with chic two -toning, supple leathers and attractive wood and bright accents. The interior is enhanced ...
by Steve Suehring, Janet Valade
echo “<p>After moving forward $distance miles, Sedan contains $this->gas gallons of gas.</p>”; } } The class Sedan is a child of the class Car, which is not an abstract class, and ...
The Hudson Triangle (1919)
Sedan. Practically. a. Custom-Built. Car. The present Hudson Sedan is a possibility at "This body is by Biddle & Smart." With. Hudson-Essex. on. the. African. Veldt. Pioneer. Transport.
Hybrid Vehicles (2008)
and the Future of Personal Transportation by Allen Fuhs
PEUGEOT 307 HYBRID SEDAN The Peugeot sedan is a diesel/electric hybrid. The estimated fuel economy is 82 mpg. Finally, this is a hybrid that matches the Supercar goals of yore (see Chapter 1). PHOENIX ELECTRIC SPORT UTILITY ...
Build and Outfit Your Life-Saving Escape by Scott B. Williams
Subaru Legacy Sedan All-wheel drive is standard on Subaru vehicles, and though many of the offerings from this manufacturer fit into the crossover or SUV category, the Legacy sedan is an AWD passenger car that has a great reputation for ...
Kidnapping and Abduction (2014)
Minimizing the Threat and Lessons in Survival by Brian John Heard
A basic nondescript largish sedan is a good choice as a low-key mode of transport for those worried about being under surveillance and threat of ...
Wheels Within (2015)
by Charles V. deVet
The long gray sedan is the symbol of your death.
by Lennart W. Haajanen
Sedan maker is known to have changed the name of its two-door Brougham to Sedan for an almost identical two-door vehicle between model years 1924 and 1925. In France the term “Coach” would specify a two-door car with usually a ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
SEDAN, in geography, a town of France, in the dep. of Ardennes, and ci-devant prov. of Champagne, It was the capital of a principality of the fame name, situated on the Maese, 6 miles from Bouillon, and 15 from Charleville. Its situation on ...
by Giles Chapman
t was extremely unusual for car manufacturers to exhibit “concept” or show cars in the 1930s, so the appearance of this astonishing looking Peugeot four-door sedan at the 1936 Paris Salon caused a stir. It was presented as a vision of the ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
SEDAN, in geography, a town of France, in the dep. of Ardennes, and ci-devant prov. of Champagne. It was the capital of a principality of the fame name, situated on the Maesc, 6 miles from Bouillon, and 1 $ from Charleville. Its situation on the ...
by Anne Kerr, Edmund Wright
The Prussians, discovering that *MacMahon's army had set out to relieve Metz, diverted two armies marching on Paris and encircled the army of *Napoleon III at Sedan. The French, under heavy shellfire, surrendered unconditionally.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sedan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sedan
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jean & Nathalie
Photo credit: jeremySO
Photo credit: Jean & Nathalie
Photo credit: Morgaine
Photo credit: openroads.com
- Sedan poster
Photo credit: Arizona Parrot
- SKYLINE sedan.
Photo credit: MIKI Yoshihito. (#mikiyoshihito)
- Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Photo credit: Paul!!!
- Ika Torino Sedan
Photo credit: RL GNZLZ
- Renault Megane Sedan
Photo credit: myhsu
- Audi S3 sedan
Photo credit: FotoSleuth
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sedan
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sedan Meaning
Video shows what sedan means. An enclosed windowed chair suitable for a single occupant, carried by at least two porters, in equal numbers in front and ...
- Explanation: 2014 RLX Luxury Sedan with Acura's P-AWS System (Precision All-Wheel Steer)
Acura's P-AWS System (Precision All-Wheel Steer) is developed in order to offer unprecedented level of handling precision and control. P-AWS is the first ...
- Sedan chair Meaning
Video shows what sedan chair means. A small litter or palanquin, seating a single person, often borne on two poles and carried by two people.. Sedan chair ...
- Plaza Cadillac Definition of Luxury Event - 2012 Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan
View more videos about Station Sedan.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sedan!
Quotes about Sedan
There's no going to heaven in a sedan.
more quotes about sedan...
Scrabble value of S1E1D2A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine