On this page:
- Definition of the noun sedna
- Phrases with Sedna
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Sedna
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sedna
- Photos about Sedna
- Video language resources about Sedna
- Scrabble value of S1E1D2N1A1
- Anagrams of SEDNA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sedna
What does sedna mean as a name of something?
- a planetoid of rock and ice about three-quarters the size of Pluto discovered in 2003; the most distant object known to orbit around the sun
- Sedna is a fiction character from the 2010 action sci-fi thriller television film Arctic Predator.
- Sedna is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Legend of Sarila.
- "Sedna" is a musical EP of Silence Kit.
- released on
- "Sedna" is a musical album of Legenda Aurea.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Sedna" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Heather Dale
- Sedna is the goddess of the sea and marine animals in Inuit mythology, also known as the Mother of the Sea or Mistress of the Sea. The story of Sedna, which is a creation myth, describes how she came to rule over Adlivun, the Inuit underworld. Sedna is also known as Arnakuagsak or Arnaqquassaaq and Sassuma Arnaa and Nerrivik or Nuliajuk. She is sometimes known by other names by different Inuit groups such as Arnapkapfaaluk of the Copper Inuit from the Coronation Gulf area and Takánakapsâluk or Takannaaluk.
- also known as 谢德娜
- Sedna is an open source database management system that provides native storage for XML data. The distinctive design decisions employed in Sedna are schema-based clustering storage strategy for XML data and memory management based on layered address space .
Phrases with Sedna
- Sedna Pirata
- species Sedna pirata
- Chromodoris Sedna
- Glossodoris sedna
- Lauterbornia sedna
- Micropsectra sedna
- Chromolaichma Sedna
- Doriprismatica Sedna
- Species Casella Sedna
- Species Chromodoris Sedna
- species Glossodoris sedna
- species Lauterbornia sedna
- species Micropsectra sedna
- Species Chromolaichma Sedna
- Species Doriprismatica Sedna
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Sedna
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
New Horizons for a Lost Horizon: Astronomy, Astrology, and Mythology by Richard Grossinger, James Hillman
As a meta-planet, Sedna is the link between the heart chakra of the inner worlds and the twelfth chakra of outer trans-Neptunian objects. The warmest it gets on Sedna is minus 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Sedna is the Inuit goddess of the deep ...
Modern Marine Pollution and the Ancient Cathartic Ocean by Kimberley Christine Patton
"Sedna is a blood sacrifice and the sea is the altar on which this sacrifice takes place."4 After surviving arbitrary violence, also like Iphigenia, Sedna then undergoes yet another metamorphosis, this time from a human to a supernatural figure, ...
Barron's GMAT (2009)
Graduate Management Admission Test by Eugene D. Jaffe, Stephen Hilbert
Sedna is the farthest asteroid (paragraph 3). The decision to name new asteroids (A) is made by the International Astronomical Union (paragraph 8). There is no mention of (C), (D), or (E) in the passage. (B) In 2005, a new asteroid was ...
Physics, Chemistry and Habitability by Jack J. Lissauer, Imke de Pater
Sedna is a minor planet that orbits far beyond the. Solar Heating and Energy Transport 106.
by Kenneth R. Lang
Sedna is an Eskimo goddess whose fingers became seals and whales, and Guinevere is the legendary Queen of the British King Arthur. (Courtesy of NASA.) ...
Picture This! (2016)
Grasping the Dimensions of Time and Space by Michael Carroll
Sedna is the farthest dwarf planet known in our Solar System. It ranges up to 31 times as far from the Sun as Neptune. Sedna is important because in understanding its unusual orbit, researchers will likely gain insight into the origin and early ...
by Ernest L. Abel
Sedna (aka Arnquagssaq, ...
Sedna (d.c. 570) > Bishop of Ossory, in Ireland.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sedna
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sedna
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: April Pink
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Sedna
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of S1E1D2N1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SEDNA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sedna!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sedna to see it in context!