On this page:
- Seixal is a municipality in Setúbal District in Portugal. The population in 2011 was 158,269, in an area of 95.50 km².
- Seixal is a civil parish in the municipality of Porto Moniz in the Portuguese island of Madeira. The population in 2011 was 656, in an area of 36.37 km².
- Seixal is a former civil parish in the municipality of Seixal, Lisbon Metropolitan Area, Portugal. In 2013, the parish merged into the new parish Seixal, Arrentela e Aldeia de Paio Pires. The population in 2011 was 2,776, in an area of 3.73 km². Its inhabitants are known as "Seixalenses".
- part of Portugal
- Seixal é uma vila na central da ilha do São Vicente, Cabo Verde.
- also known as Seixal, Cape Verde
- part of Cape Verde
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Seixal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Madeira and Porto Santo (2007)
by Rodney Bolt
Seixal is a small fishing port, ignored by most tourists, who head on to the more commercial Porto Moniz. A few brightly painted fishing boats lie upside down at the end of a crumbling jetty (from where you get a good view of the waterfalls up ...
Of the Various Countries, Places, and Principal Natural Objects in the World by John Ramsay McCulloch
in which the people generally take great pleasure ; the shores of the Tagus are Indeed most beautiful ; the country on the opposite side offers many Interesting objects, as Atmada, Barrel ro Seixal, Setubal the convent of Arrabida, &c.
A Dictionary, Geographical, Statistical and Historical, of the Various Countries, Places, and Principal Natural Objects in the World (1849)
In which the Articles Relating to the United States Have Been Greatly Multiplied and Extended, and Adapted to the Present Condition of the Country and to the Wants of Its Citizens by John Ramsay McCulloch
Barreiro Seixal, Setubal the convent of Arraidn. &c. The literary and educational institutions of the Portuguese capital comprise, 1. a Royal Academy of Sciences, founded in 1778, having a good library and museum, and publishing memoirs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Seixal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Seixal
Click on an item to view that photo:
The picturesque village of Seixal is on Madeira's north coast
Photo credit: D-Stanley
Photo credit: p_v a l d i v i e s o
Scrabble value of S1E1I1X8A1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SEIXAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Seixal!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Seixal for some fun with words!