On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun senior citizen
What does senior citizen mean as a name of something?
- an elderly person
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of senior citizen: golden ager / old person / oldster
- more generic words: adult / grownup = a fully developed person from maturity onward
- more specific terms:
- antediluvian / ancient = a very old person
- centenarian = someone who is at least 100 years old
- curmudgeon = a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas
- dodderer = one who dodders from old age and weakness
- fossil / fogey / dodo / fogy = someone whose style is out of fashion
- dotard = an oldster in his dotage
- back-number / has-been = someone who is no longer popular
- nonagenarian = someone whose age is in the nineties
- octogenarian = someone whose age is in the eighties
- old boy = a vivacious elderly man
- Methuselah / graybeard / greybeard / old man = a man who is very old
- old woman = a woman who is old
- septuagenarian = someone whose age is in the seventies
- sexagenarian = someone whose age is in the sixties
Alternative definition of the noun senior citizen
- An old person; generally, a senior citizen is considered to be over sixty years of age.
- Senior citizen is a fictional character from the 2008 film Kismat Konnection.
- Senior Citizen is a fictional character from the 2006 film Bachelor Party Vegas.
- Senior Citizen is a fictional character from the 1994 film Milk Money.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Senior citizen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joseph Kandel, Christine A. Adamec
The globally aging population and its problems and issues affect nearly everyone , directly or indirectly, whether a person is a senior citizen, a caregiving relative, a medical or health professional, or a citizen whose taxes pay for the programs ...
New Jersey Encyclopedia (2008)
by Jennifer Herman
charitable, educational, religious or fraternal organizations, civic and service clubs, senior citizen associations or clubs, volunteer fire companies and first-aid or rescue squads to conduct, under such restrictions and control as shall from time ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
senior citizen(s) ...
by Lois A. Vitt
"Senior Citizen Discounts Are Affirmative Action for the Wealthy." Christian Science Monitor, September 2. Spiller, Lisa D., and Richard A . Hamilton. 1993. "Senior Citizen Discount Programs: Which Senior to Target and Why.
by Sidney L. Landau
senior citizen, patriarch, elder, dean, doyen, doyenne, oldster. ant. adj. junior, younger, son, youngest, n. 1 junior, son, apprentice, underling, subordinate, assistant, newcomer.
by Carol Turkington
Programs that may be able to help patients include food stamps, home energy assistance programs, Internal Revenue Service reductions, meal programs, real estate tax exemptions, senior citizen rent increase exemptions, Social Security, ...
Folens Dictionary (1999)
by Fred McDonald
senior citizen noun senior citizens A senior citizen is an elderly person who has retired from work. sensation noun sensations (th) 1 A sensation is a physical feeling: a tingling sensation. 2 A sensation is something that makes everyone excited ...
A-M by Kenneth F. Warren
Because of the financial influence of the AARP and the large senior citizen voting bloc, politicians cannot afford to distance ...
senior Citizen /si: ni3 srtrzon/ noun: senior citizens A senior citizen is an elderly person, especially one who has reached retirement age. Note that it is considered by many people to ...
by Fenwick W. English
Examples include libraries, museums, community and religious organizations, YMCA/YWCA, senior citizen centers, health agencies, welfare agencies, theater, art, and community interests. • Type IV—Noneducational organizations: In these ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Senior citizen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Senior citizen
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Senior Citizen
Photo credit: peretzpup
- Senior citizen
Photo credit: Hidden Park
- Mara52 Senior citizen
Photo credit: Zadok the Priest
- Senior Citizen - Boxer
Photo credit: Tobyotter
- Senior Citizen Roast
Photo credit: fodwyer
- HVCG Senior Citizen's Party
Photo credit: muffinn
- Deaf Social Senior Citizen
Playing Bingo game in Pittsburgh Assoc. of the Deaf basement
Photo credit: daveynin
- Senior citizen street musician
Photo credit: Hidden Park
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Senior citizen
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Senior citizen!
Armory Park Senior Citizen Sign Language Class
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Senior citizen to see it in context!