On this page:
"Shala" is a 2011 romance film written by Avinash Deshpande and directed by Sujay Dahake.
- also known as School
- country: India
- language: Marathi Language
- producer: Nilesh Navalakha
- production design by Shweta Haveli
- art direction by Divya Mehta
- written by Avinash Deshpande
- based on "Shala" by Milind Bokil
- Dilip Prabhavalkar as Appa
- Santosh Juvekar as Majarekar sir
- Jitendra Joshi as Narumama
- Devika Daftardar as Bendre bai
- Nandu Madhav as Joshi's Father
- Anshuman Joshi as Mukund Joshi
- Ketaki Mategaonkar as Shirodkar
- Vaibhav Mangle as Ponkshe kaka
- Ketan Pawar as Surya
- Chinmay Kulkarni as K.T.
- Unnati Agarkar as Sukadi
- Nidhi Chavhan as Kulkarni
- Yogesh Dalvi as Jangam sir
- Akshaya Deodhar as Akka
- Sachin Dunakhe as Pingale
- casting by Aditi Moghe
- cinematography by Diego Romero
- edited by Sujay Dahake
- music by Alokananda Dasgupta
- costume design by Mridul Patwardhan
- genres: Romance Film, Marathi cinema, World cinema
- released on (4 years ago)
Shala is one of the woredas in the Oromia Region of Ethiopia. It was separated from Seraro woreda. Part of the Mirab Arsi Zone located in the Great Rift Valley, Shala is bordered on the south by Seraro, on the west by the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples' Region, on the north by Shala Lake which separates it from Arsi Negele, and on the east by Shashamene Zuria; its western boundary is defined by the course of the Bilate River. The administrative center of this woreda is Aje.
- Shala: 'Shala' was an ancient Sumerian goddess of grain and compassion. The symbols of grain and compassion combine to reflect the importance of agriculture in the mythology of Sumer, and the belief that an abundant harvest was an act of compassion from the Gods. Other traditions identify Shala as wife of the grain god Dagan, or consort of the storm god Ishkur/Adadthe. She carries a double-headed mace-scimitar embellished with lion heads.
- Shala is a tribe and region of northern Albania in the valley of Shala river. Results of historical and archaeological research confirm the claim of oral histories that ancestors of Shala came to the valley several centuries ago. Shala are considered as related to Kuči tribe because their ancestors came to Albania from the region of Kuči. In fact the origin of the name is derived from another Albanian language word, meaning infertile land. The religion of the tribe was Catholic while the tribe had around 3,000 members at the end of 19th century.
- also known as Šaljani
- Shala is a Marathi novel written by Milind Bokil first published in 2003. It is adapted for the theatre as one act play,"Ga Ma Bha Na" by Ruia college, and a film "Humne Jeena Sikh Liya". A Marathi movie based on the novel with the same name has been released in January 2012.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Shala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Though the pat- shala is a Babel of noise and discord, though the uproarious urchins are ever and ...
Guises of the Mind (2000)
by Rebecca Neason
"Elana E'shala is a Gentleborn of the Westron Province .
Does God Send Sickness? (2015)
A Study of God’s Character in Relation to Sickness and His Victory Over It by Troy J. Edwards
Shalah is defined by Renn as follows: shala is a common verb meaning “to send, ” plus a variety of related nuances throughout the nearly 850 occurrences of the term. In a number of contexts, however, the meaning “let (someone or something) ...
by David Bowman
Swar Shala is a piece of software that contains samples of indian instruments and rhythmic/melodic patterns. It is available from www.swarsystems.com/ swarshala/, although it is rather expensive. Although large, the piano is a sensitive ...
Building Jaipur (2002)
The Making of an Indian City by Vibhuti Sachdev, Giles Henry Rupert Tillotson
A shala is a continuous range ...
by Robert Fox
Shala is a wild tribe; it shoots freely. But a Shala man said, 'It is impossible. Where could a man be found.
by Robert Elsie
SHALA, BLERIM (15 March 1963–). Political figure ...
by John Shakespear
Al** shala (from ck** To kindle fire) s, m. Flame, blaze, light, flash. ७८-3) *** shula-g/shan or Al*-* ७५-* shala:/shdn, Scattering flame, flame-scatterer. >५ **** shala-Mar, adj. Raining flames. 4**** *** shuld-pesha, adj. Flame in practice ...
A Dictionary of the Central Nicobarese Language (English-Nicobarese and Nicobarese-English), with Appendices Containing a Comparison of Synonymous Words in the Remaining Nicobarese Forms and Other Matters, Preceded by Notes on the Grammar of the Central Form (1889)
by Edward Horace Man
shala ; shala-larom, board on which Pandanus paste is kneaded (App. N", item 113). shala-damom, anvil. sha-hat, splinter of wood. sha-hong, breakers on coast. sha-lare, eat vegetables, rice, fyc. shaha-yok , ...
by Amaresh Datta
Vartak's Andhalyachi shala (1933) and it marked the advent ...
The Panjábí Dictionary (1895)
by Maya Singh, Henry Martyn Clark
SHALA TJP35* s- m" -A.n indigenous school, a school for teaching ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Shala
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Go Shala
Photo credit: Balaji Photography - 4,000,000 Views and Growing
- Old Shala
Photo credit: ideowl
- Yoga Shala
Photo credit: Daku Resort, Savusavu Fiji
- Lake Shala
Lake Shala lies in a collapsed volcanic caldera 265 meters deep. Ethiopia's Rift Valley is part of a 4,000-kilometer fissure stretching from Syria to Mozambique. Acacia trees dot the landscape.
Photo credit: D-Stanley
Video about Shala
Milot Shala - SWIFT programing language
Milot Shala is a software engineer currently working for Konduko S.A, a Switzerland-based startup. At Konduko he is mainly involved with NFC and iBeacon ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Shala!
Quotes about Shala
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'shala"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of S1H4A1L1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SHALA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Shala!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Shala to find many related words and phrases!