Shall appears in the following tongue twisters:
- A fly and flea flew into a flue,
said the fly to the flea 'what shall we do?'
'let us fly' said the flea
said the fly 'shall we flee'
so they flew through a flaw in the flue.
- V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
(from the screenplay of the movie "V for Vendetta", at the beginning, when V meets Evie for the first time)
Shall appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Shall a wee shah see wallahs?
- Now shall ayas say Allah’s won?
- Now shall alley shahs yell "Allah’s won!"?
On this page:
- Definition of the verb Shall
- Phrases with Shall
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Shall
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shall
- Photos about Shall
- Video language resources about Shall
- Quotes about Shall
- Scrabble value of S1H4A1L1L1
- Anagrams of SHALL
- Share this page
Shall is sometimes a misspelling of shell.
The word shall is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb Shall
What does Shall mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: should | shall / shalt (rare form)
- [context: modal auxiliary verb, defective] [Used before a verb to indicate the simple future tense, particularly in the first person singular or plural.]
- Used similarly to indicate determination or obligation, particularly in the second and third persons singular and plural.
- Used in questions to suggest a possible future action.
- [obsolete] To owe.
Shall is a fictional character from Strange Dawn.
"Shall" is a book by Catherine Owen.
Phrases with Shall
- Seek and Ye Shall Find
- As You Sow, So Shall You Reap
- those who will not when they may, when they will they shall have nay
- To Shall
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Shall
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Survey of Modern English (2004)
by Stephan Gramley, Michael Pátzold
The growing use of the modal will with first person pronouns (l/we will} instead of traditional shall is an instance where British and American usage are converging: 'lncreasingly even in Southem Standard BrE the forms formerly associated with ...
Promises to Confess to (2012)
An Encouraging Word by Elder Harvey Marshall
God shall is a wonderful statement that needs no others words to follow. ln 2 Corinthians 1:20(NlV), “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen is spoken by us to the glory of God.
Encyclopedia of Nebraska (1999)
by Nancy Capace
presence, but no such imprisonment shall extend beyond twenty-four hours at one time, unless the person shall persist in such disorderly or contemptuous behavior. (Amended, 1934, 1974.) Sec. 11. The Legislature shall keep a journal of its ...
Encyclopedia of Oklahoma (1999)
by Nancy Capace
Legislature shall have the authority to prescribe for those persons convicted of three felonies arising out of separate and distinct transactions a minimum mandatory period of confinement which must be served prior to being eligible to be ...
Encyclopedia of Kentucky (1999)
by Nancy Capace
All causes and proceedings pending in the quarterly courts, county courts as judicial bodies, justices' courts and police courts, on the first Monday in January, 1978, shall then be transferred to and decided by the Circuit Court or the District ...
Encyclopedia of Arizona (1999)
by Nancy Capace
The Legislature shall enact laws so regulating the operation and equipment of all mines in the State as to provide for the health and safety of workers therein and in connection therewith, and fixing the duties of said office. Upon approval of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shall
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Shall
Click on an item to view that photo:
In the end all shall be still and silent
Photo credit: Rising Damp
View more pictures about None Shall Pass.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Shall
Click on an item to play that video:
- 'shall' meaning to United States Attorney General
- Meaning of This Generation Shall Not Pass Away
This video reveals through the scriptures that when Jesus said, 'this generation shall not pass away until all these things take place,' He was telling the disciples ...
- Meaning of God shall send them strong delusion
The Deception of Allah Volume 1...
- As you sow, so shall you reap Meaning
Video shows what as you sow, so shall you reap means. The personal consequences of one's actions are in proportion to the good or bad intentions towards ...
- An Explanation of Matthew 7:13-23 (By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them)
This is a clip from the sermon entitled "The Evidence of Salvation (Part 2)" preached by Victor Tey at The Church in Punchbowl on Sunday, 17th May 2015.
- (Ep.610)Meaning Of Masonry - You Shall Know The Truth / The World Truth Awakening Motivation
- You shall love the Lord - Khoibu dialect
- YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUE DEFINITION OF THE FEAR OF THE HEAVENLY FATHER SOOOOOOON
- Norton Doesn't Think "Shall" Equates To "Got To" In Legislative Language
Louisiana State Rep. Barbara Norton (D-Shreveport) struggles with the meaning of "shall" in legislation while attempting to present a bill to force employers to ...
- 1210 Modals "Shall" English Class ESL British Pronunciation
- The Mahdi - A Description of the Time he shall come
This series of lectures by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi is being uploaded to YouTube to help dispel many of the false allegations about the Islamic belief in the Mahdi, that ...
- Words of Life Shall-Zwall: Shall People/Language Movie Trailer
- And a Child Shall Lead Ministry Description 2016
- Basic english lec 93 modal verb shall
- Basic english lec 95 modal verb shall
- Nancy Today: English language rules Will vs Shall
A discussion with Willem about english language rules : )
- A brief description on how the end shall be
See also the pronunciation examples of Shall!
Quotes about Shall
And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
more quotes about shall...
Scrabble value of S1H4A1L1L1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SHALL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Shall!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Shall to see it in context!