On this page:
- Definition of the adjective shapely
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for shapely
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for shapely
- Photos about shapely
- Video language resources about shapely
- Quotes about shapely
- Scrabble value of S1H4A1P3E1L1Y4
- Anagrams of SHAPELY
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective shapely
What does shapely mean as an attribute of a noun?
Shapely is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more shapely / shapelier | most shapely / shapeliest
- having a well-proportioned and pleasing shape
- example: a slim waist and shapely legs
- antonym: unshapely
- similar: bosomy / busty / buxom / curvaceous / curvy / full-bosomed / sonsie / sonsy / stacked / voluptuous / well-endowed; callipygian / callipygous; clean-limbed; full-fashioned / fully fashioned; Junoesque / statuesque; modeled / sculptural / sculptured / sculpturesque; retrousse / tip-tilted / upturned; well-proportioned; well-turned
Alternative definition of the adjective shapely
- Having a pleasing shape, pleasant to look at.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for shapely
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
shapely, #' shapelich, schapelich; ( shape, n., + -ly 1.] 1. Well-formed; having a regular and pleasing shape; symmetrical. Unknown to those £ sires The well-arch'd dome, peo ed with breathing forms # fair Italia's skilful hand, unknown e ...
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge with a New Atlas of the World
Unknown to those primeval sires The well-arch'd dome, peo £ with breathing forms By fair Italia's skilful hand, unknown The shapely column. J. Warton, Enthusiast. The moon on the east oriel shone Through slender shafts of # Scott, Fit; likely.
Abridged from Webster's New International Dictionary, 900 Illustrations by Noah Webster
SHAPELY. SHEENY. Shape/Iy(shap'lT),a.  Well-formed; symmetrical. — shapeliness (-lT-n**), n. . shard (shard), n. 1. A fragment of something brittle, aa of an earthern vessel ; also, a shell, scale, etc. 2- A beetle's wing cover. share ( shfir), ...
Containing All the Words in the Scotch and Irish Dialects of the Celtic, that Could be Collected from the Voice, and Old Books and Mss by William Shaw
Shapely, handfome. Deadhoil. The D A T D E A.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for shapely
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about shapely
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: jackiephatphotos
- Shapely Gourds
Photo credit: Numinosity (Gary J Wood)
- Shapely tree
Photo credit: Citizen 4474
- Shapely curves
Photo credit: Ruth and Dave
- School Run 1 - Shapely Shadows
Photo credit: The Manic Macrographer
- Shapely Purple
Photo credit: mikecogh
- That is a shapely hindquarter
via Instagram ift.tt/1T5XKQh
Photo credit: bigyahu
- Shapely Portal
Photo credit: CarbonNYC [in SF!]
- Shapely ligature
Photo credit: 00dann
- Shapely Curves
Photo credit: suzyq212
- Shapely hydrant
Photo credit: 00dann
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about shapely
Click on an item to play that video:
- Shapely Meaning
Video shows what shapely means. having a pleasing shape, pleasant to look at. Shapely Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Shakespeare's Shapely Language Workshop with Jan Gist at Ave Maria University
Jan Gist works with actors in Dr. Curtright's course, Shakespeare in Performance.
See also the pronunciation examples of shapely!
Quotes about shapely
Scrabble value of S1H4A1P3E1L1Y4
The value of this 7-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SHAPELY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of shapely!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of shapely to see it in context!