On this page:
Definition of the noun show-stopper
What does show-stopper mean as a name of something?
- an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
- something that is strikingly attractive or has great popular appeal
- "Show-stopper" a.k.a. "Show Stopper" is a song by American girl group Danity Kane from their 2006 self-titled debut album of the same name. The song was written by Angela Hunte, Krystal Oliver, Calvin Puckett, Frank Romano, and James Scheffer. It features guest vocals by rapper Yung Joc and was produced by Jim Jonsin. The song was released as the album's lead single on August 4, 2006 in the United States and on October 20, 2006 in Europe. While "Show Stopper" peaked at number 8 on the official Billboard Hot 100 chart, it managed to enter the top 30 in Germany. The single also charted in the top 20 on the Pop 100 charts, and top five status on the US Top Digital Downloads and Hot 100 Dance Club Play charts.
- "Show-stopper" a.k.a. "Show Stopper" is a musical album of Jamaaladeen Tacuma.
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Show-stopper" a.k.a. "Show Stopper" is a musical single of Danity Kane.
- released on (9 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Show-Stopper
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martin H. Manser
public exhibition or entertainment showcase showdown showed showgirl showing showjumping showman showmanship shown show-off showpiece showroom show-stopper shower brief fall of rain; device that sprays water on to a person's ...
by Mark A. Robinson
ElEVEn o'CloCk numbEr The eleven o'clock number describes a song in a stage musical's second act, usually a rousing show-stopper, which infuses the piece with energy and emotion before its climax. The term comes from the days when ...
by Oxford University Press
show-stopper 12.62 show-stopping 26.10 ...
by Claude J. Summers
Wright and Forrest's “Let's Take a Glass Together” is a show-stopper and was a highlight of the year's Tony Awards show. The critic Ed Real called Grand Hotel “ one of the great musicals of the past decade—a complex and compelling work of ...
by Joyce Bourne
almost always a show-stopper, so much so that Maria Callas is said to have considered excluding it in order to avoid a break in the continuity of the action); duets (with Cavaradossi): Quale occhio al mondo può star di paro ('What eyes in the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Show-Stopper
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Show-Stopper
There was a long holdup in a no-passing lane over this guy on the roadside.
Photo credit: quinn.anyaCouldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine