On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Sia
What does Sia mean as a name of something?
Sia is a genus of Stenopelmatidae, described by Giebel in 1861.
- synonym: genus Sia
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Orthoptera
- family: Stenopelmatidae
Sia is a subgenus of Sia, described by Giebel in 1861.
- Sia a.k.a. Sia Furler: Sia Kate Isobelle Furler, better known simply as Sia, is an Australian downtempo, pop, trip-hop, and jazz singer-songwriter. As a writer, she has collaborated with many artists including Zero 7, Christina Aguilera, Eminem, David Guetta, Flo Rida, Afrojack, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Lea Michele, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kylie Minogue, Leona Lewis, Hilltop Hoods, Katy Perry, Kesha, Rita Ora, Britney Spears, Jessie J, Oh Land, Angel Haze, Celine Dion, and Maroon 5. In 2000, her single "Taken for Granted" was a top 10 hit in the United Kingdom. Her 2008 album Some People Have Real Problems peaked in the low 50s on the Billboard 200.
- read more about Sia Furler
- Sia a.k.a. Saadet Aksoy is a Turkish-born actress who received critical acclaim with her portrayal of Aska, a red-haired punk trumpet player in Italian actor-director Sergio Castellitto's film Twice Born, in which she co-starred with Penélope Cruz and Emile Hirsch. Christy Lemire described her as "the striking Saadet Aksoy" in her Twice Born review, and film critic David Rooney stated, "Saadet Aksoy brings a subdued fieriness to her scenes as a Bosnian woman." on The Hollywood Reporter. In his article on Variety, Boyd Van Hoeij wrote, "Turkish thesp Saadet Aksoy impresses in a supporting role as a spunky Yugoslav local." about her performance in Twice Born.
- read more about Saadet Aksoy (actress)
- Sia a.k.a. Siosaia Vave is a Tongan Australian rugby league player for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in the NRL. He plays as a prop and is a Tongan international.
- read more about Siosaia Vave
- Sia a.k.a. Anastasia Bincheva-Vladowski is a musical artist.
- read more about Anastasia Bincheva-Vladowski
- Sia is a fictional character from the 2007 film Dus Kahaniyaan.
- Sia is a fictional character from the 2008 film Antardwand.
- Sia is a fictional character from Walkaway.
- Sia is a fictional character from Na Aana Iss Des Laado tv series.
- Sia is a fictional character from the 2013 film Eleanor Rigby.
- Sia is a fictional character in the 2009 South African drama family film Long Street.
- Sia is a fictional film character.
"Sia" is a book by David Biggs.
- Sia a.k.a. Xi'an Xiguan Airport: Xi'an Xiguan Airport is the former airport serving Xi'an, capital of China's Shaanxi Province. It was closed on 1 September 1991, when all flights were transferred to the new Xi'an Xianyang International Airport.
- also known as 西安西关机场
- part of Xi'an
- SIA is an administrative region in the Federal District, Brazil.
- part of Federal District
- Sia: In Egyptian mythology, Sia or Saa was the deification of perception in the Heliopolitan Ennead cosmogony and is probably equivalent to the intellectual energies of the heart of Ptah in the Memphite cosmogeny. He also had a connection with writing and was often shown in anthropomorphic form holding a papyrus scroll. This papyrus was thought to embody intellectual achievements.
- Sia a.k.a. Avatime Language: Avatime, also known as Afatime, Sideme, or Sia, is a Kwa language of the Avatime people of eastern Ghana. The Avatime live primarily in the seven towns and villages of Amedzofe, Vane, Gbadzeme, Dzokpe, Biakpe, Dzogbefeme, and Fume.
- read more about Avatime Language
- Sia a.k.a. Saami, Akkala Language: Akkala Sami is a Sami language that was spoken in the Sami villages of Ákkel and Čúkksuâl, in the inland parts of the Kola Peninsula in Russia. Formerly erroneously regarded as a dialect of Kildin Sami, it has recently become recognized as an independent Sami language that is most closely related to its western neighbor Skolt Sami.
- also known as Babinsk, Ahkkil, Babino, Akkala Sami language
- Sia is a genus of insect in the family Stenopelmatidae, the sole living genus in the subfamily Siinae.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Sia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Lectures at the Collège de France 1982–1983 by M. Foucault
Finally, parre–sia is a way of binding oneself to oneself in the statement of the truth, of freely binding oneself to oneself, and in the form of a courageous act. Parre–sia is the free courage by which one binds oneself in the act of telling the truth.
by Fr. Francis M Peter, M Lazer Selva
Example: Sia is a pretty girl. The comparative degree is used for comparing two things or people. Example: Sia is prettier...
Example: Sia is the prettiest girl of all. The degree of many adjectives is changed by adding er and est. Example: high ...
SIA is an approach for exploring the combined economic, environmental and social impacts of a range of proposed policies, programmes, strategies and action plans. Such assessments can also assist decision making and strategic planning ...
The Trampling One Coming from Edom by Dominic S. Irudayaraj
The SIA is a recent arrival in the ...
comprisng the substance of the most approved English grammars extant, with copious exercises in parsing and syntax; a new ed., rev., re-arranged and improved by Peter Bullions
and whatsoever are also used as compound relatives, and are equivalent to the relative and a general or indefinite antecedent; as, " Whosoever committeth sia is the servant of sin;" that is " any one," or " every one who committeth sin, etc.
The Life of Buddha (2013)
by Edward J. Thomas
A SIA is the grave as well as the cradle of religions. They have disappeared not merely with the crumbling of ancient civilisations, but have been swept away before the victorious progress of new forms of belief. One of the most widely spread of ...
by Rebecca L. Torstrick, Elizabeth Faier
Diglos- sia refers to the situation where two different languages are spoken within a society. One language is usually perceived as high prestige and may be used in government and media, while the other language is low prestige and ...
The Project of a Theory-Driven Science by Sergio Salvatore
Moreover, as has been said above, the SIA is an aggregation of a set of local distributions—those concerning the scenarios involved. Thus, the fact that a certain following sign s is produced means that a certain set of scenarios has to be ...
SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT While environmental impact assessment has focused mainly on the physical and biological properties of natural environments, social impact assessment (SIA) concentrates on the distinctively human side of ...
by Robert W. Kolb
The Securities Industry Association (SIA) is a professional trade organization that represents organizations that are licensed to participate in the securities industry. The association's membership is vast and includes securities entities such as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sia
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: jauricchio
Photo credit: swampa
Photo credit: Victor Sassen
Photo credit: Victor Sassen
Photo credit: terri_jane
Photo credit: terri_jane
Photo credit: gilichupak
- Ritengo sia normale sentirsi a volte male
Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/robertotaddeofoto28
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sia Elastic Heart Music Video Meaning and Interpretation
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE ANNOTATIONS ENABLED Sia Elastic Heart Music Video Meaning and Interpretation.
- Sia - Chandelier (Official Video)
- Sia - Alive (Audio)
Get Sia's new single "ALIVE". Apple Music...
- Sia - Big Girls Cry (Official Video)
- Sia - full 2014 album (Chandelier)
Sia Chandelier full album 2014.
- Sia - California Dreamin' (Music Video from San Andreas OST)
All copyright belongs to its rightful owners. New track 2015 Full song . The amazing sia debuts a new song for the official soundtrack of the new film san andreas ...
- Sia Performs 'Chandelier'
Her music video has captivated audiences worldwide. Sia was here to recreate her stunning video, complete with the astounding performance by 11-year-old ...
- Sia - Elastic Heart (Live on SNL)
Music video by Sia performing Elastic Heart (Live on SNL). (C) 2015 Monkey Puzzle Records, under exclusive license to RCA Records.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sia!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cellophane by Sia in American Sign Language
In honor of Sia's new album- 1000 Forms Of Fear. It was really an amazing experience to really dig into this song and find the true agony and pain of it.
- SIA Chandelier- Sign language
Bachelor degree part 1.
- Chandelier by Sia in sign language
via YouTube Capture.
Scrabble value of S1I1A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sia to see it in context!