Sir appears in the following tongue twister:
- Sure, sir, the ship's sure shipshape, sir.
Sir appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sir, I'm Iris.
- Rise to vote, sir.
- Lager, sir, is regal.
Usage statistics for the noun sir:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun sir
- Other definitions of sir
- Phrases with Sir
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sir
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sir
- Usage statistics about sir
- Photos about Sir
- Videos about Sir
- Sign language
- Quotes about Sir
- Scrabble value of S1I1R1
- Anagrams of SIR
- Share this page
The word sir is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sir
What does sir mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- sir: sirs
- Sir: Sirs
- term of address for a man
- a title used before the name of knight or baronet
Alternative definition of the noun sir
- A man of a higher rank or position.
- An address to a military superior of either sex.
- An address to any male, especially if his name or proper address is unknown.
Other definitions of sir
What does sir also mean?
- [manufacturing] surface insulation resistance
- "Sir" a.k.a. "The Debt" is a film, directed by John Madden and written by Matthew Vaughn, Jane Goldman, Peter Straughan, based on a story by Assaf Bernstein & Ido Rosenblum.
- read more about The Debt
- "Sir" is a 1993 Bollywood film directed by Mahesh Bhatt starring Naseeruddin Shah, Pooja Bhatt, Atul Agnihotri and Paresh Rawal. The film was remade in Telugu as Gangmaster with Dr. Rajasekhar.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producer: Mukesh Bhatt
- art direction by Gappa Chakraborty
- written by Jay Dixit
- Atul Agnihotri as Karan
- Pooja Bhatt as Pooja
- Paresh Rawal as Veljibhai
- Naseeruddin Shah as Amar Verma
- Gulshan Grover as Chhapan 'Jimmy' Tikle
- Kunal Khemu as Kunal
- Soni Razdan as Shobha A. Verma
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Sweety
- Makarand Deshpande as Mac
- Anant Jog
- Anang Desai as Doctor
- Mahesh Anand as Jimmy's Henchman
- Mushtaq Khan as Kaluba
- Suhas Bhalekar
- Avtar Gill as Arjun Das
- Abha Ranjan
- cinematography by Pravin Bhatt
- edited by Sanjay Sankla
- music by Anu Malik
- set decoration by Hari Bhirade, Naidu, Sandu Sonavane
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema
- released on (21 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor (Role: Velji, Role: Lalit Ramji), received by Paresh Rawal
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Naseeruddin Shah
- Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role nomination for Gulshan Grover
- Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role nomination for Paresh Rawal
- Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue, received by Jay Dixit
- Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role, received by Paresh Rawal
"Sir" is a book by Mildred Cram.
- Sir is a fictional character from the 1993 film Jaagruti.
- Sir is a fictional character from the 2008 film Chirasathi.
- Sir is a fictional character from the 1997 film Truth or Consequences, N.M..
- Sir is a fictional character from the 1983 film The Dresser.
- Sir: S.I.R. Stands for a Standard-issue Information Retrieval unit. It is a form of information-gathering robot used by the Irken race in the TV show Invader Zim. They are designed to assist any Invader in their conquest of planets. Each Invader gets a SIR Unit for their mission. Unlike other invaders, Zim received a unit made from old SIR parts and junk by the Almighty Tallest. This unit is named GIR, who is Zim's sidekick and a main character in the show. The only other named SIR unit is MiMi, who belongs to Tak.
- Sir is a fictional character from the 2005 film Buckaroo.
- Sir is a fictional character from the 1987 film Terminus.
- Sir is a fictional character from the 2002 film Cadet Kelly.
- Sir is a fiction character from the book series, A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. He appears in The Miserable Mill, the fourth novel, and The Penultimate Peril, the twelfth novel.
- Sir a.k.a. Gerald Martin is a fictional character in The Bicentennial Man.
- read more about Gerald Martin
There are other characters with in their name, like Big Sir, Sir Kay, Sir Hugh, Sir John, Sir Billi, Sir Ector, Sir Harry, Sir Henry, Sir James, Sir Peter, Sir Simon, Sir Daniel, Sir Edmund, Sir Edward, Sir Gawain, Sir George, Sir Joseph, Sir Norman, Sir Thomas and Sir Charles.
- "Sir" a.k.a. ""Sir"" is a musical album of Simon Fisher Turner.
- released in (27 years ago)
- "Sir" is a musical album of Anu Malik, soundtrack.
- also known as Sir Soundtrack
- "Sir" a.k.a. "Sır" is a musical album of Grup Kızılırmak.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Sir" is a musical album of Velvet Hammer.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "Sir" a.k.a. "Sır" is a composition.
- music by Vedat Bilgiç
Who is Sir?
Sir a.k.a. Danny Lee is a Hong Kong actor, film producer, screenwriter, director, action director and presenter. He is known for frequently portraying Hong Kong police officers in films such as Law With Two Phases, The Killer and The Untold Story.
- read more about Danny Lee (actor)
Sir is a musical group.
- albums: "The Night I Met My Second Wife", "Trapped in a World of Make Believe", "The Brando Room", "Tears Again", "The Devil Has My Double"
- Sir a.k.a. Sion Airport is the airport of the city of Sion, Switzerland. and is located 2.
- Sir a.k.a. Sir, Jenin: Sir is a Palestinian town in the Jenin Governorate in the western area of the West Bank, located 18 kilometers south of Jenin. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, the town had a population of 769 inhabitants in mid-year 2006.
- read more about Sir, Jenin
- SIR a.k.a. The University of Southern California School of International Relations is the 3rd oldest school of international relations in the world. A subdivision within the USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, the school is known for teaching, and hiring faculty who concentrate in, a variety of worldviews.
There are other places with in their name, like Sir Zar, Coleg Sir Gâr, Sir Johns Run, Sir Walter Scott, Villers-Sir-Simon, Sir Matt Busby Way, Bailleul-Sir-Berthoult, Sir Separanlu-ye Sofla, Sir John Deane's College, Sir Thomas Picton School, Sir George Monoux College, Sir John Forrest Memorial, Sir John Nelthorpe School, Sir John Cass Redcoat School, Sir Robert Pattinson Academy, Sir Wilfred Grenfell College, Sir William Perkins's School, Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium, Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art and Sir Arthur Lewis Community College.
- Sir is an honorific address used as a courtesy title to address a man without using his given name or family name in many English speaking cultures. It is often used in formal correspondence.
- Sir a.k.a. Siri Language: Siri is a highly endangered Afro-Asiatic language spoken in Bauchi State, Nigeria.
- also known as Sirawa
- The Sir were a Turkic tribe mentioned in the Orkhon inscriptions in the 8th century. They are thought by some scholars to be related to Sarmatian Siraces.
Phrases with Sir
Phrases starting with the word Sir:
- sir barton
- sir gawain
- sir galahad
- sir geraint
- sir lancelot
- sir tim rice
- sir david low
- sir john ross
- sir fred hoyle
- sir henry wood
- sir jack hobbs
- sir david bruce
- sir henry percy
- sir james dewar
- sir james paget
- sir robert peel
Phrases ending with the word Sir:
View more phrases with the word Sir in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sir
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of the Arctic (2012)
by Mark Nuttall
Anthony Fifth Thule Expedition Fisher, Alexander Foxe, Luke Franklin, Lady Jane Franklin, Sir John Freuchen, Peter Frobisher, Sir Martin Gilder, William Henry Greely, Adolphus W. Grinnell, Henry Hall, Charles F. Haven, Edwin J. De Hayes, ...
by Elizabeth H. Oakes
AFrIcA Fossey, Diane Goodall, Jane ArGentInA Leloir, Luis Federico AustrALIA Bennett, Isobel Ida Burnet, Sir Frank Macfarlane Caldicott, Helen (and U.S.) Eccles, Sir John Fawcett, Stella Grace Maisie Hill, Dorothy Nyholm, Ronald Sydney ...
The Thespian Dictionary; Or, Dramatic Biography of the Eighteenth Century; Containing Sketches of the Lives, Productions, &c. of All the Principal Managers, Dramatists, Composers, Commentators, Actors, and Actresses, of the United Kingdom: Interspersed with Several Original Anecdotes; and Forming a Concise History of the English Stage. [With Portraits.] (1802)
Alexander the Great Andrews, Lancelot Aram, Eugene Arkwright, Sir Rd. Armstrong, Jobn Bacon, Jobn Bacon, Francis Baddeley, Mr. Barclay, Rohert Betterton, Thomas Bigge, Jobn Blood, Thomas Bolssi, Lewis de Brown, Sir Wm. Burns, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sir
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about sir
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun sir:
Photos about Sir
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sir
Click on an item to play that video:
- Brief explanation on Sir C V Raman and Raman Effect!
a very clear explanation about Sir C V Raman's life history and about Raman effect. ::: All images were taken from Google images ::::...
- Repairing the nation: The Meaning of reparations to Global Africa - Professor Sir Hilary Beckles
Internationally reputed historian, Professor Sir Hilary Beckles, Pro Vice-Chancellor at the University of West Indies and Chairman of the CARICOM Reparations ...
- The Definition of Insanity ~ By recludus ~ ShortScaryStories ~ Sir Ayme
Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ...
- Sir Donald attempts to open Lady Geneva's eyes to the true meaning of Romans 13
Romans 13 plus Hebrews 13 equals ? Who are the rulers?
- American Speak Cebuano dialect, ang laki sir!
American Soldier Speak fluently in Visayans Dialect of Philippines.
- Pokemon Omicron randomized funlocke w/Sir Swagelton 3: Definition of fun!
- Aye aye, sir Meaning
Video shows what aye aye, sir means. The correct and seamanlike reply, onboard a Royal Navy (or U.S. Navy) ship, on receipt of an order from someone of ...
- Sir Meaning
Video shows what Sir means. The titular prefix given to a knight or baronet. Sir Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Sir. Powered ...
- SIR Meaning
Video shows what SIR means. surface insulation resistance. SIR Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say SIR. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- JP sir explanation on rice export benefits..
- DJ Sir Scratch meaning and pronunciation
One of the Original Ghetto Style DJs. Expert in Cutting, Scratching and all time Mix Master. Hails from Miami. DJ Sir Scratch definition by Urban Dictionary.
- Geochemistry field explanation by uvb sir
Geochemistry field trip osmania university hyderabad.
- A real meaning of teacher: Ashok Sir
"A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image but develop students to create their own image and help them bringing potential out of them and ...
- Sizzleslam '12 - The Emperor of Evil Shows Sir Purr the Meaning of "Personal"
- Sir David's long-beaked echidna Meaning
Video shows what Sir David's long-beaked echidna means. , a species of .. Sir David's long-beaked echidna Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- DJ Sir Thurl... On Breaking Records (New Definition) and His Future!!!!
- What Is The Definition Of Osler, Sir William
- What Is The Definition Of Galton, Sir Francis - Medical Dictionary Free Online Terms
- What Is The Definition Of Conan Doyle, Sir Arthur - Medical Dictionary Free Online
- 7 Sir Saad The unit circle definition of trigonometric fun
- House of Commons, Sir Alan Haselhurst, watch your language
Asking for measured language.
- English Language trainer - Ravi Sir
If you want to learn English language and want to speak in English Please contact Here :-- PH.: 9784065742 Teacher - RAVI SIR NSE Coaching Center FOR ...
- Spider Webs & Sir Francis024 Channel Description
- Language Learning: The Study of Living Languages - 02 by Sir Arthur Cotton
LibriVox Language Learning Collection by Various This collection is part of an initiative to create a language learning resource at LibriVox. The LibriVox ...
- SIR - Oxford English Dictionary - BUSC
- 2015 09 19 18 41 Verb Agreement Satya Sir
- SIR WAZIR ENGLISH LANGUAGE & IELTS CENTRE THATTA
- Super bowl Ad Drew Carter and Sir Purr - Check description
board in the offseason? check this out...
- Sir Syed english language academy
- Webisode 11: ESL with Sir Steven
Many expats come to China to work in the ESL world, teaching English as a Second Language. Working in public schools and training centers, the life of the ...
View more videos about Sir James.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sir!
Romel Show Sign Language for cousin sir allan leg pain happens surprise
sir allan very much pain legs complain troubel shrug up.
Quotes about Sir
Nobody's ever called me Sir Richard. Occasionally in America, I hear people saying Sir Richard and think there's some Shakespearean play taking place. But nowhere else anyway. (Richard Branson)
more quotes about sir...
Scrabble value of S1I1R1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SIR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sir!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sir to see it in context!