On this page:
- Sirena a.k.a. Serena is a American former pornographic actress.
- read more about Serena
- Sirena a.k.a. Sirena Adgemova is an actress.
- read more about Sirena Adgemova (actress)
- Sirena is a musical group.
- albums: "Sirena", "The Odyssey"
- official website: www.wearesirena.com
- Sirena is a Ukrainian indie powerpop band.
Sirena is a fictional character from the 2013-2015 television series Mako: Island of Secrets.
"Sirena" is a book by Donna Jo Napoli.
- genres: Fantasy, Fiction, Children's literature, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 2000
- "Sirena" is a song by Filipino rapper Gloc-9. It was released as the lead single from the rapper's sixth album, MKNM: Mga Kwento Ng Makata. The song features Ebe Dancel, the former vocalist of now defunct Filipino band Sugarfree. This is the 2nd most viewed OPM song on YouTube, after Gayuma by Abra, also an LGBT related song.
- "Sirena" is a musical album of Cousteau.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Sirena" is a musical EP of Esperanza.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Sirena" is a musical album of Tomeu Penya.
- released in (23 years ago)
- Sirena is a Venezuelan telenovela shown in 1993, starring with Astrid Gruber, Carlos Montilla, and Alejandro Delgado. This telenovela contains 199 episodes.
- begun in (22 years ago)
- 199 episodes
- country: Venezuela
- Sirena: The Sirens of Greek mythology are sometimes portrayed in later folklore as fully aquatic and mermaid-like; the fact that in Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Portuguese and Filipino the word for mermaid is respectively Sirena, Sirène, Sirena, Syrena, Sirenă, Sereia and Sirena and that in biology the Sirenia comprise an order of fully aquatic mammals that includes the dugong and manatee, add to the visual confusion, so that Sirens are even represented as mermaids. However, "the sirens, though they sing to mariners, are not sea-maidens," Harrison had cautioned; "they dwell on an island in a flowery meadow." In the Philippine mythology, the Sirena is a mythological aquatic creature with the head and torso of human female and the tail of a fish. The male version of a Sirena is called a Sireno. Sometimes it is also paired with Siyokoy. The Sirena is an engkanto which is classified as one of the Bantay Tubig or the guardians of water. In addition to the Sirena, other examples of Bantay Tubig are Sireno, Siyokoy, Kataw and Ugkoy. Bantay Tubig are part fish, part human water-dwelling engkantos which are the Filipino counterpart of the English merfolk.
- Sirena: Sirena: Poesía, arte y crítica was an international and multilingual academic journal founded in 2004 by Dr. Jorge R. Sagastume, who edited the journal until 2011. After a feature article published in The Chronicle of Higher Education, the Johns Hopkins University Press approached the college to offer the distribution of the journal, and from 2004 until 2012 was published and distributed by the JHUP.
- official website: langtech.dickinson.edu/sirena/index.htm
Phrases with Sirena
- Sirena maculosa
- species Sirena maculosa
- Borbo Sirena
- Mactra Sirena
- Omiodes Sirena
- Cacostola Sirena
- Neurigona Sirena
- Smicridea sirena
- Stantonia Sirena
- Osthimosia Sirena
- Turbonilla sirena
- Species Borbo Sirena
- Species Mactra Sirena
- Species Neurigona Sirena
- species Smicridea sirena
- Species Osthimosia Sirena
- species Turbonilla sirena
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sirena
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Shakespeare
'The mermayden hyghte sirena is a see beaste wonderly shape, and draweth shypmen to peryll by swetenes ...
“The mermayden hyghte sirena is a see beaste wonderly shape, and draweth shypmen to peryll by swetenes of songe”; and from ...
The New Key to Costa Rica (2008)
A Wild and Crazy Guide to Celebrating Your True Self by Beatrice Blake
Sirena is a 15-bed research station populated by ecotourists and biological researchers who are mostly from the United States or Europe. Do not bathe in the ocean because there are sharks; there are CORCOVADO NATIONAL PARK 445.
Costa Rica (2006)
The Bradt Travel Guide by Larissa Banting
From La Leona to Sirena is a 15km trail almost entirely along the beach (about six hours in total) and is a hot one. Hats, sunscreen and at least five litres of water are advised. Sirena to San Pedrillo is perhaps the most difficult, clocking in at ...
by Anthony J. Cirone
sirena Siren ...
Books of Recognized Merit by Alethea Helbig, Agnes Perkins
SIRENA himself on Christmas eve. Through the rest of the winter, Cole is emotionally numb. In still icy early spring, Miss Cot- trell, old-maid descendant in the family of Ephraim, ...
Sirena, one of the Sirens ; allegorical personage who appears to D. in a vision, commonly understood to denote the pleasures of the flesh, especially those which lead to the sins of avarice, gluttony, and lust, Purg. xix. 7-33 ; femmina ...
Technical Dictionary (2013)
Four Languages by Eduard Webber
Sirena (f) Sirena (f) a vapore. Piano (m.) di situazione. Schizzo (m.); Abozzo (m.) Crogiuolo (m.) (per la fusione dell'acciaio). Acciaio (m.) fuso al crogiuolo. Sega (f. ) a lama laterale. Kieselsaure Magnesia (f.) Kieselsaures Kali (n.) Kieselerde (f.) ...
by Jonathan H. X. Lee, Kathleen M. Nadeau
The “Sirena” legend—a sacred or secular tale of the recent past that is believed to be true—is understood to have originated with the presence of the Spanish in Guam some time between the 16th and 19th centuries. This Chamorro tale about ...
Given Names Listed by Meaning, 2d ed. by Yvonne Navarro
• a sweetly singing mermaid siren Sirena (Greek) • inspired; mountain; singer Arnina (Hebrew) • singer, to sing Yedda (Old English) • sing, singer Gale ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sirena
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of S1I1R1E1N1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SIRENA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- A SIREN
- S.I. RANE
See also the blanagrams of Sirena!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sirena to see it in context!