On this page:
Who is Skepta?
Skepta: Joseph Junior Adenuga, better known by his stage name Skepta, is an English rapper, grime artist, MC, songwriter, record producer and recording artist of Nigerian heritage. Skepta is best known for his work in the grime scene. Skepta was originally a DJ for Tottenham based grime crew Meridian Crew, early in his career Skepta released a number of instrumentals the most notable of which were "DTI" and "Private Caller", the latter of which was released as a single and vocaled by various over members of Meridian Crew. Skepta began emceeing shortly before Meridian Crew disbanded in 2005, after which Skepta, alongside his brother JME, joined Roll Deep for a short period of time before becoming founding members of Boy Better Know in 2006. Skepta released his debut studio album Greatest Hits in late 2007 independently, followed by another independent release Microphone Champion in 2009 and Doin' It Again on AATW in 2011.
- also known as Joseph Adenuga, Jr.; Joseph Junior Adenuga
- born on (33 years ago) in Tottenham
- nationality: Nigeria, England
- education: University of Greenwich
- profession: Record producer, musician, disc jockey, songwriter, singer-songwriter, rapper, master of ceremonies
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Electro, Grime music, Alternative hip hop, Alternative rock, Hip hop music, Gangsta rap, British hip hop
- albums: "Duppy", "Stupid EP", "Greatest Hits", "Microphone Champion", "Stageshow EP", "Cross My Heart (feat. Preeya Kalidas)", "Bad Boy", "Doin' It Again", "Been There Done That", "Private Caller", "Meridian Walk", "So Alive", "Are You Ready?", "Blacklisted", "Hold On", "Rescue Me", "Make Peace Not War", "Thuggish EP", "Can You Hear Me? (Ayayaya)"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to BET Hip Hop Award for Best UK Act
- nominated to BET Award for Best International Act: UK
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Skepta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
12-212а ; ` Skepta riv.. lee. 'll-228 (СЗ). экв miokuii, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Skepta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Skepta
Skepta performs at the BRIT Awards
Photo credit: David Jones
Scrabble value of S1K5E1P3T1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SKEPTA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Skepta!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Skepta to see it in context!