On this page:
Sloan is a Toronto-based rock/power pop quartet from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Throughout their 20+ year tenure, Sloan has released 11 LPs, two EPs, a live album, a Greatest hits album and more than thirty singles. The band has received nine Juno Award nominations, winning one. The band is known for their sharing of songwriting from each member of the group and their unaltered line-up throughout their career.
- genres: Rock music, Indie rock, Power pop, Indie pop, Alternative rock, Rock and roll, Jangle pop, Hardcore punk
- albums: "Peppermint", "Smeared", "Underwhelmed", "Twice Removed", "One Chord to Another", "Recorded Live at a Sloan Party!", "Navy Blues", "4 Nights at the Palais Royale", "Between the Bridges", "Don't You Believe a Word", "Pretty Together", "Action Pact", "A Sides Win: Singles 1992–2005", "Never Hear the End of It", "Parallel Play", "2001-09-28: Palais Royale, Toronto, ON, Canada", "The Double Cross", "Hit & Run", "Stood Up / Same Old Flame", "Australia 1999", "Select Singles 1992-2011", "If It Feels Good Do It", "“Is That All I Get?”: Live September 20th, 1993", "[untitled]", "Jenny / It's in You, It's in Me", "Japan 2002", "Commonwealth", "Stove / Smother / Laying Blame"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Juno Award for Breakthrough Group of the Year
- nominated to Juno Award for Alternative Album of the Year - "Twice Removed"
- nominated to Juno Award for Alternative Album of the Year - "One Chord to Another"
- Juno Award for Alternative Album of the Year - "One Chord to Another"
- nominated to Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year - "Navy Blues"
- nominated to Juno Award for Single of the Year - "If It Feels Good Do It"
- nominated to Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year - "Pretty Together"
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Canada - "If It Feels Good, Do It"
- nominated to Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year - "Never Hear the End of It"
- nominated to Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year - "Parallel Play"
- nominated to Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year - "The Double Cross"
- official website: sloanmusic.com
- Sloan a.k.a. Matt Sloan: Mattrick Paul Sloan is an American director and comedian from Madison, Wisconsin. He and his friend Aaron Yonda are notable as the co-creators of Chad Vader, who he also voices in both series and 'spin-off' episodes. Additionally, he appears in season one as the main antagonist, and has a minor appearance in the first few episodes of the second series as said antagonist's father. He hosts a movie reviewing and discussion show on YouTube called "Welcome to the Basement" with his friend Craig Johnson, who stars in the web series "Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager" as well. Furthermore, he leads regularly with his friend Aaron Yonda in a popular web series "Beer and Board Games.
- read more about Matt Sloan (actor)
- Sloan a.k.a. Shelley C. Baity is an actress.
- read more about Shelley C. Baity (actress)
"Sloan" is a book by John Wilson.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 2008 film Wanted.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 2006 film Eragon.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1959 film Up Periscope.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1933 film The Iron Stair.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the film Janie Jones.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1993 film Paris, France.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1996 film Diamond Run.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1957 film The Tin Star.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 2011 film Detention.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 2002 film Like Mike.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1980 film Ordinary People.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1922 Western film Iron to Gold.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1941 film Here Comes Mr. Jordan.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 2008 film 3 Days Gone.
- Sloan is a fictional character from the 1997 film It's in the Water.
- Sloan is a fictional character in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Trilogy. He is Carvahall's butcher.
There are other characters with in their name, like Ron Sloan, Mark Sloan, Mike Sloan, Mrs. Sloan, Nick Sloan, Scot Sloan, David Sloan, Jason Sloan, Sloan Cates, Tanya Sloan, Stacey Sloan, William Sloan, Dr. Mark Sloan, Teodora van Sloan and Lieutenant Detective Steve Sloan.
- Sloan is a city in Woodbury County, Iowa, United States. It is part of the Sioux City, IA–NE–SD Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 973 at the 2010 census.
- Sloan is a village in Erie County, New York, United States. The population was 3,661 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Buffalo–Niagara Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area and is in the Town of Cheektowaga.
- Sloan is an unincorporated community in Clark County, Nevada. It contains well-preserved petroglyphs and several hiking trails that allow visitors to photograph the petroglyphs. It is located just south of Las Vegas on Interstate 15.
- Sloan is an extinct town that was located on the border of Jordan Township and Steuben Township in Warren County, Indiana, less than a mile east of the town of Hedrick.
Phrases with Sloan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sloan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hear the Wolves (2017)
by Victoria Scott
Sloan is a hunter.
by Walter Barlow Stevens
Sloan is an able assistant...
The Isis Collar (2012)
by Cat Adams
Sloan. Aaron Sloan is a grizzled old guy with wiry white hair and brows that bristle over the top ...
by David Handler
Sloan is a very quiet man. There is an air of deep suffering about him, of dark inner torment. Laurel Barrett is an exquisite, fineboned creature.
Media Bias (2007)
Finding It, Fixing It by Wm. David Sloan, Jenn Burleson Mackay
David Sloan is a journalism professor at the ...
by Agustín Fuentes, Aku Visala
Interviewee: Phillip Sloan Bio. Dr. Sloan is an Emeritus Professor.
by Burton I. Kaufman, Diane Kaufman
” SLOAN, ALFRED P., JR.
by Stephen Sloan, Sean K. Anderson
Stephen Sloan (B.A., Washington Square University of New York University; M.A. and Ph.D., Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at New York University) is currently Lawrence J. Chastang Distinguished Professor of Terrorism Studies, ...
by Bonnie S. Fisher, Steven P. Lab
Sloan and Jessica Shoemaker not only identified states that had passed such legislation, but also assessed how closely the statutes adopted both the language ...
The Most Up-To-Date and Accessible Guide to Business Ever by Capstone
Sloan, Alfred P. American businessman; former CEO, General Motors ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sloan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sloan
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: karaage831
To coincide with their 20th Anniversary Sloan have added their entire catalogue to CBC Radio 3. Stay tuned for some special Radio 3 contests as the band gears up for an extensive tour of the continent.
Photo credit: CBC Radio 3
Note the layer of dust hanging over the horizon.
Photo credit: OctopusHat
- MIT Sloan
MIT Sloan School of Management building E62. Creative Commons Generic 2.0 license. Per the terms of this creative commons license, please credit "In 30 Minutes guides" and link to in30minutes.com if you use this photo.
Photo credit: IN 30 MINUTES Guides
- SLOAN STEPHENS
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- Sloan Regal
Photo credit: skpy
Photo credit: Aaron Toth
- Sloan - MIT
Photo credit: Wagner T. Cassimiro "Aranha"
Videos about Sloan
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sloan Explanation and Awards
- Using Language Acquisition through Motor Planning Techniques with Sloan
This is a video of part of a speech-language therapy session with 3 year old Sloan. He is using a Vantage Lite from Prentke Romich Company to aid his ...
- John Peter Sloan in "Body Language" from Speak Now
- Tiffany M. Sloan - ESL Application Video
- DESCRIPTION OF ACE SLOAN AWARD AND CORRESPONDING HIGHLIGHTS Rosario Gerhardt
- Figurative Language - Similes | Mary, Joe, Sloan
View more videos about David Sloan Wilson.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sloan!
Quotes about Sloan
Scrabble value of S1L1O1A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SLOAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sloan!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sloan to see it in context!