The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun smiler:
Definition of the noun smiler
What does smiler mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: smilers
- a person who smiles
- the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
- usage: colloquialism
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of smiler: countenance / kisser / mug / phiz / physiognomy / visage
- more generic terms: face / human face = the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- more specific terms: pudding face / pudding-face = a large fat human face
- part of: human head = the head of a human being
Alternative definition of the noun smiler
- Someone who smiles.
- [UK] The mouth.
Phrases with Smiler
- Speckled Smiler
- Harlequin Smiler
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 2008 film Plague Town.
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 1974 film Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.
- "Smiler" a.k.a. "Smiler [The Rod Stewart Remasters]": Smiler is Rod Stewart's fifth album, and final album for Mercury Records, released in 1974 (see 1974 in music). It became the first album by Rod Stewart as a solo artist to become critically panned. Although it reached number 1 in the UK album chart, it stalled at number 13 in the US. The album was largely considered to be an unadventurous retread of what he had done before, including covers of Chuck Berry, Sam Cooke and Bob Dylan songs, as well as a duet with Elton John of John's song "Let Me Be Your Car". Stewart's one attempt at adventurousness was a cover of Carole King's "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" where 'Woman' is switched to 'Man'. This track was selected for special derision by critics. The release of the album itself was held up for five months due to legal problems between Mercury Records and Warner Bros. Records.
- "SMILER" is a musical EP of TAKUI.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Smiler" is a musical single of Heavy Stereo.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Smiler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
ProPack III (2010)
A Guide to Creating a SMILER M&E System by Susan Hahn, Guy Sharrock
No, SMILER is a flexible approach. Each coaching session is different because it responds to the content and circumstances of a particular project. These differences depend on the clarity of the Results Framework (RF) and Profame, and the ...
Shoe Retailer and Boots and Shoes Weekly (1908)
The greatest smiler is the greatest healer. A grin is a_counterfeited smile, and does not pass current because the heart stamp is not on it. Optimism and pessimism have fought many bloody battles; if optimism had not been a victor to date, ...
Big Ben: the Great Clock and the Bells at the Palace of Westminster (2010)
by Chris McKay
A smiler is a stamp where a special design is joined to a normal postage stamp: the stamp with the special design has no postal value. The Big Ben Smiler issues were only available as a single sheet of ten firstclass stamps. Designs showed a ...
The Essential Batman Encyclopedia
SMILER Roland Meacham served with Bruce Wayne on the Committee to Preserve Gotham Village, a section of Go<KAM &ty that had become home to artists and intellectuals, it was also the access point to a ...
Encyclopedia of Adolescence (2012)
by Roger J.R. Levesque
M, Smiler et al. M). This research generally reveals that girls experience more negative and fewer positive feelings about first intercourse, girls also report more guilt and less pleasure than boys. But, overall, the research does tend to reveal ...
Another Encyclopedia of Theme Activities for Young Children (2012)
Over 300 Favorite Activities Created by Teachers by Kathy Charner, Stephanie Roselli, Brittany Roberts
Vocabulary left rein right turn whoa Children'sBooks Barney's Horse by Syd Hoff Clara and the Book Wagon by Nancy Smiler Levinson Daily Life in a Covered Wagon by Paul A. Erickson Materials cotton rope large building blocks or large ...
Encyclopedia of the American Civil War: A Political, Social, ...
House of Representatives A fierce abolitionist journalist and politician before the war, "Smiler" Colfax was a Radical Republican and Speaker of the U.S. House during the impeachment of President Andrew ...
The Encyclopaedia of Pleading and Practice (1897)
Under the Codes and Practice Acts, at Common Law, in Equity and in Criminal Cases by William Mark McKinney, Thomas Johnson Michie
Smiler, 125 N. Y. 717. 35 N. Y. St. Rep. 1.
ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA; Or, A DICTIONARY of Arts and Sciences, Compiled Upon a New Plan. In Wich the Different Science and Arts are Digested Into Distinct Treatises Or Systems; and The Various Technical Terms, ... are Explained as They Occur in the Order of the Alphabet. Illustrated with One Hundred and Sixty Copperplates, by a Society of Gentlemen in Scotland. IN THREE VOLUMES. Edinburgh: Printed for A. Bell and C. Macfarquhar; and Fold by Colin Macfarquhar, at this Printing-office, Nicolson Street. M.D.CC.LXXI. (1771)
These sractions are added and subcracted like whole numbers; Only care must be taken to set/smiler place' above on a'lot/ztr, as units above units, and tenths above tenths, be. They are multiplied and divided as integer numbers; dnly 'l'tr' ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Smiler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Smiler
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: whatleydude
Photo credit: atomicjeep
End arch decoration the one on the other side was worse.
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
A happy looking gargoyle.
Photo credit: Capt' Gorgeous
Photo credit: leppre
Photo credit: ozz13x
Palestinian Boy in Deheishe Refugee Camp
Photo credit: KNLphotos2010
Photo credit: erix!
Photo credit: CJ Isherwood
Photo credit: Martyn Wright
Photo credit: hyper7pro
Photo credit: erix!
Photo credit: machernucha
Photo credit: left-hand
Photo credit: Micah Sittig
Photo credit: pheezy
Photo credit: graham.james.campbell
Photo credit: Rudy (New Routes)
Photo credit: freebird4
- The eternal smiler
Photo credit: sweetron1982
If you need images about Smiler for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a low price:
Scrabble value of S1M3I1L1E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SMILER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Smiler!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Smiler to see it in context!