The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun smiler:
Definition of the noun smiler
What does smiler mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: smilers
- a person who smiles
- the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
- usage: colloquialism
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of smiler: countenance / kisser / mug / phiz / physiognomy / visage
- more generic terms: face / human face = the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- more specific terms: pudding face / pudding-face = a large fat human face
- part of: human head = the head of a human being
Alternative definition of the noun smiler
- Someone who smiles.
- [UK] The mouth.
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 2008 film Plague Town.
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 1974 film Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.
- "Smiler" is Rod Stewart's 6th album, 5th solo album and final album for Mercury Records, released in 1974. It became the first album by Rod Stewart as a solo artist to become critically panned. Although it reached number 1 in the UK album chart, it stalled at number 13 in the US. The album was largely considered to be an unadventurous retread of what he had done before, including covers of Chuck Berry, Sam Cooke and Bob Dylan songs, as well as a duet with Elton John of John's song "Let Me Be Your Car". Stewart's one attempt at adventurousness was a cover of Carole King's " A Natural Woman" where 'Woman' is switched to 'Man'. This track was selected for special derision by critics. The release of the album itself was held up for five months due to legal problems between Mercury Records and Warner Bros. Records. This album sold 1 million copies worldwide.
- "SMILER" is a musical EP of TAKUI.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Smiler" is a musical single of Heavy Stereo.
Phrases with Smiler
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Smiler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
ProPack III (2010)
A Guide to Creating a SMILER M&E System by Susan Hahn, Guy Sharrock
SMILER is a comprehensive and practical approach to develop an M&E system for your project that supports learning and decision making based on evidence. The approach enables staff to turn a project's RF, Proframe and other M&E ...
by Michael Flood, Judith Kegan Gardiner, Bob Pease, Keith Pringle
Smiler, A.P., Ward ...
by John Dowson
' Sweet smiler.' This epithet is used for Rukrnini ...
The Family Dictionary (1710)
by William Salmon
through all the Turkish Dommions, and the Ter: firm Empire, the Magul's Country, or the Ea/Z smiler, and in many parts of (ly/na, 7525. in" about One Hundred and T Wenty Nation: and. Peoples, it is ...
The Savvy Dictionary (2013)
A Vein of Witty Definitions
—George Friedman deceit: “The smiler with the knife under the cloak.”—Geogrey Chaucer “That glib and oily art.”—William Shakespeare deed: “Something attempted, something done.”—Longfellow definition: “The enclosing ¢ ofa wilderness ...
A Dictionary in English and Bengalee; Translated from Todd's Edition of Johnson's English Dictionary. In 2 Volumes. - Serampore, Serampore Press 1834 (1834)
by Ram-Comul Sen
কৃপাদূন্টি | Smiler. 11- চ- ঈযদূহাস্যকর্তা. মুখ মূচকিয়া হাসে যে | Slrtilingly. মোঃ ঈষদূহাস্যপুবাক. ত্তাডদূন্টিপূবর্বক.
by Robert Greenberger
by Sarah Josepha Hale
Young Know, smiler! at thy peril art thou pleas'd; Thy pleasure is the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Smiler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Smiler
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: pheezy
End arch decoration the one on the other side was worse.
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
Photo credit: graham.james.campbell
A happy looking gargoyle.
Photo credit: Capt' Gorgeous
Photo credit: leppre
Photo credit: ozz13x
Palestinian Boy in Deheishe Refugee Camp
Photo credit: KNLphotos2010
Photo credit: CJ Isherwood
Photo credit: Rudy (New Routes)
Photo credit: erix!
Photo credit: machernucha
Photo credit: left-hand
Photo credit: erix!
Photo credit: Martyn Wright
Photo credit: hyper7pro
Photo credit: freebird4
- Yellow Fruit Smiler
Smile if you like this.
comprised of a banana,two lemons and a grapefruit.
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
- ANDREW LEOTA & JORDAN SMILER
ANDREW LEOTA & JORDAN SMILER
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- The eternal smiler
Photo credit: sweetron1982
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of S1M3I1L1E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SMILER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Smiler!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Smiler to see it in context!