The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun smiler:
On this page:
Definition of the noun smiler
What does smiler mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: smilers
- a person who smiles
- the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
- usage: colloquialism
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of smiler: countenance / kisser / mug / phiz / physiognomy / visage
- more generic terms: face / human face = the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- more specific terms: pudding face / pudding-face = a large fat human face
- part of: human head = the head of a human being
Alternative definition of the noun smiler
- Someone who smiles.
- [UK] The mouth.
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 2008 film Plague Town.
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 1974 film Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.
- Smiler is a fictional character from the 2002 film Shattered Lies.
- "Smiler" is Rod Stewart's 6th album, 5th solo album and final album for Mercury Records, released in 1974. It became the first album by Rod Stewart as a solo artist to become critically panned. Although it reached number 1 in the UK album chart, it stalled at number 13 in the US. The album was largely considered to be an unadventurous retread of what he had done before, including covers of Chuck Berry, Sam Cooke and Bob Dylan songs, as well as a duet with Elton John of John's song "Let Me Be Your Car". Stewart's one attempt at adventurousness was a cover of Carole King's " A Natural Woman" where 'Woman' is switched to 'Man'. This track was selected for special derision by critics. The release of the album itself was held up for five months due to legal problems between Mercury Records and Warner Bros. Records. This album sold 1 million copies worldwide.
- "SMILER" is a musical EP of TAKUI.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Smiler" is a musical single of Heavy Stereo.
- released in (20 years ago)
Phrases with Smiler
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Smiler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Chris McKay
A smiler is a stamp where a special design is joined to a normal postage stamp: the stamp with the special design has no postal value. The Big Ben Smiler issues were only avail- able as a single sheet of ten first-class stamps. Designs showed ...
ProPack III (2010)
A Guide to Creating a SMILER M&E System by Susan Hahn, Guy Sharrock
SMILER is a comprehensive and practical approach to develop an M&E system for your project that supports learning and decision making based on evidence. The approach enables staff to turn a project's RF, Proframe and other M&E ...
by Randy J. Dreamer
The Smiler is a Gerstlauer InfinityCoaster located at Alton Towers in Staffordshire, United Kingdom. With 14 inversions, The Smiler holds the world record for the roller coaster with the most inversions. The riders must be 140cm to ride the ...
Ireland and the Representation of Critical Times by María Losada Friend, Auxiliadora Pérez Vides, Pilar Ron Vaz
Smiler is the first of a list of Friel's characters who are lost in no man's land; Volunteers, ...
The Breeder's Gazette (1885)
A Weekly Publication Devoted ... to the Interests of Live-stock Breeders
Singleton's Smiler is a good, useful bay, with strong loins and good legs. bred by Mr. E. Weardon, and got by Sir Collin. The Hon. E. Coke's handsome four- yearold bay mare Comfort, bred by Mrs. Williams, and got by What-'s Wanted, had ...
by Harold L. Miller, Jr.
Smiler Andrew P. Smiler Smiler, Andrew P. Gender.
Flora's Dictionary (1833)
by Elizabeth Washington Wirt
Know, smiler, at thy peril thou art pleas'd, Thy pleasure is the promise of thy pain, The fancied med'cine heightens the disease. . . Young. Fresh as the morn, and as the season fair! . . . Pope. Your lips disclose The freshness of the op'ning rose; ...
The Literary Cyclopædia, Or Universal Dictionary of Ideas; in which the Best Definitions, Opinions, and Allusions of the Most Highly Gifted of Mankind ... are Rendered Applicable to Domestic and Public Tuition, Etc... By T. Dolby. With an Original Memoir of Each Author by T. Roscoe (1834)
Know, smiler! at thy peril ...
Finnish-English dictionary (1916)
by Karl Vilhelm Arminen, Eetu Aaltio
A Kipling Dictionary (1967)
by W.Arthur Young, John H. McGivering
Smiler : the Whale in the first of the JUST SO STORIES.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Smiler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Smiler
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ozzy Delaney
Niall at GC 6 mths.
Photo credit: furiousmadgeorge
Photo credit: ThatRobClarke
Photo credit: leppre
Photo credit: western4uk
Fast asleep in a seed tray in one of the greenhouses at Tyntesfield.
Photo credit: Stewart Black
End arch decoration the one on the other side was worse.
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
Photo credit: Ozzy Delaney
Photo credit: Martyn Wright
Photo credit: pheezy
Photo credit: erix!
Week 125 - Boston STARS
Photo credit: The Elisha Project
Young Boy with a nice grin at his mothers foodstall in Silay City, Philippines.
Photo credit: Beegee49
Photo credit: The Elisha Project
Photo credit: dreamsjung
Photo credit: King....
Photo credit: myeralan
Photo credit: BIZARREuk
Photo credit: chrishobcroft
Photo credit: Rotherz67
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Smiler
Video shows what smiler means. Someone who smiles.. The mouth.. Smiler Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say smiler.
See also the pronunciation examples of Smiler!
Scrabble value of S1M3I1L1E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SMILER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Smiler!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Smiler to see it in context!