On this page:
- Definition of the adjective smothered
- Definition of the verb smothered
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Smothered
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Smothered
- Photos about Smothered
- Quotes about Smothered
- Scrabble value of S1M3O1T1H4E1R1E1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective smothered
What does smothered mean as an attribute of a noun?
- held in check with difficulty
- completely covered
- examples: bonnets smothered with flowers | smothered chicken is chicken cooked in a seasoned gravy
- similar: covered
Definition of the verb smothered
What does smothered mean as a doing word?
- past of smother
- "Smothered" is a 2014 horror movie that was directed and written by John Schneider. The movie stars Kane Hodder, Bill Moseley, R. A. Mihailoff, Malcolm Danare, and Don Shanks as several horror icons that find themselves the focus of a murderous hunt.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Doug Blake
- executive producers: James T. Bruce IV, Bryan Wright, Michael Gursey
- production design by Dallas Montgomery
- art direction by Jodie Jones & Dallas Montgomery
- written by John Schneider
- casting by Brent Caballero
- cinematography by Thomas L. Callaway
- edited by Joe Pascual
- music by Silas Hite
- costume design by Sandra Algood
- set decoration by Jason Box, Matthew Greer, Jeremy Paten
- genres: Comedy, Horror
- released on
- official website: smotheredwpmain.myinstapage.com
- "Smothered" is a 2011 comedy TV film written by Ted Cohen, Andrew Reich and directed by Andy Ackerman.
- country: United States of America
- producer: Tracey Ormandy
- executive producers: Ted Cohen & Andrew Reich
- written by Andrew Reich & Ted Cohen
- casting by Leslie Litt
- cinematography by Patricia Lee
- music by Jason T. Miller, Bruce Miller, Brad Segal
- costume design by Marissa Borsetto
- genre: Comedy
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Smothered" is a single by nu metal band Spineshank. It was only released in the United States in CD format. The music video features the band performing in a room while they are filmed by numerous hidden cameras, which they find and destroy. The song was nominated for Best Metal Performance at the 46th Grammy Awards.
- "Smothered" is a musical album of Malefaction.
- "Smothered" is a musical album of Whorgasm.
- released on (20 years ago)
- "Smothered" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Jeff Waters
Smothered is a musical group.
- album: "The Inevitable End"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Smothered
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kenneth Hudson
Smothered Hidden under a thick covering. This is hardly the most elegant of restaurant terms and there are those who would find it repulsive. But where it is used it is clearly intended to pull customers in, not send them away. 'A heap of freshly ...
by Cambridge University Press
to prevent a person or animal from getting oxygen o Several animals were smothered by smoke from the fire. 2 To smother someone is to kill someone by covering the person's face, making it ...
by Abigail R. Gehring
SMOTHERED. STEAK. 12 lg. onions 1 beef steak Salt and pepper, to taste Hot beef dripping Take the onions and boil them in very little water until they are tender. Meanwhile, pound and wash a beef steak, seasoning it with salt and pepper, ...
by Cassell, ltd
Babbit smothered with onions is sometimes stuffed with veal forcemeat, ...
smote fast tense ofSMm Smother SIUA<YV c- verb (smothered, smothering) 1 tr <£ intr to kill with or die from lack of air, especially with an obstruction over the mouth and nose; to suffocate ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Smothered
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Smothered
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Smothered
As for the usefulness of poetry, its uses are many. It is the deification of reality. It should make our days holy to us. The poet should speak to all men, for a moment, of that other life of theirs that they have smothered and forgotten. (Edith Sitwell)
more quotes about smothered...
Scrabble value of S1M3O1T1H4E1R1E1D2
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Smothered to see it in context!