The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective soaked:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective soaked
- Phrases with Soaked
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Soaked
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soaked
- Photos about Soaked
- Video language resources about Soaked
- Quotes about Soaked
- Scrabble value of S1O1A1K5E1D2
- Anagram / semordnilap of SOAKED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective soaked
What does soaked mean as an attribute of a noun?
- very drunk
- examples: I got soaked to the skin. | The rain soaked through my clothes. | I was caught in the rain and got soaked to the skin. | The clothes soaked in water overnight were heavy. | I was utterly soaked by the downpour. | "I'm soaked with sweat.' "Step back. You stink!" | We were soaked to the skin but very happy. | I stepped in a puddle and now my shoes are completely soaked going squish squish squish. | I got soaked boating down river. | The freight on the ship got soaked.
- usage: argot / cant / jargon / lingo / patois / slang / vernacular
- synonyms of soaked: besotted / blind drunk / blotto / cockeyed / crocked / fuddled / loaded / pie-eyed / pissed / pixilated / plastered / slopped / sloshed / smashed / soused / sozzled / squiffy / stiff / tight / wet
- similar: drunk / gone / inebriated / intoxicated / ripped
Alternative definition of the adjective soaked
- Drenched with water, or other liquid.
"Soaked" is a film, directed by Chi Chi LaRue.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Gay pornography
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Soaked" is a musical album of Philip Jeck & Jacob Kirkegaard.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Soaked" is a composition.
- music by Mathieu Gendreau
- Soaked is a music video by The Killjoys that was nominated for Best Video of the Year in the 1997 Juno Awards.
Phrases with Soaked
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Soaked
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Food Grains (2015)
by Colin W Wrigley, Harold Corke, Koushik Seetharaman, Jonathan Faubion
Soaked, boiled alone or with vegetables, rice, meat, spices JS Croser, University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA,
seeds raw or boiled Soaked, boiled, canned Soaked (briefly), roasted Soaked, boiled, pureed (hommos) Whole seed – desi ...
A Reference System of Commercial Horticulture, Covering the Practical and Scientific Phases of Horticulture, with Special Reference to Fruits and Vegetables by Granville Lowther, William Worthington
The side or part of an apple presented to the direct action of the sun's rays will show more water- soaked tissue than the part not so exposed. In the orchard, or even with the fruit in the boxes, the careful observer may pick out the water-cored ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soaked
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soaked
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Stephen Kruso
Another green figbird, soaked in the rain, but still enjoying the figs
Photo credit: AdaMacey
Photo credit: maryanne.torok
Photo credit: zaigee
Photo credit: robertofaccenda.it
Photo credit: emiliokuffer
Photo credit: phunkstarr
Photo credit: balpeck
Rebecca decided that once she had been completely drenched there was no point in resisting photography.
Photo credit: sumeetjain
Photo credit: AndyMcLemore
Williamson Square Fountain: Samwise Soaked
Photo credit: Dark Dwarf
Rainy day dahlias
Photo credit: roseannadana
Photo credit: It'sGreg
Photo credit: danichro
- Soaked Spider
Photo credit: Kurayba
Photo credit: ilya
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Soaked
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Soaked to the Bone.
See also the pronunciation examples of Soaked!
Quotes about Soaked
Scrabble value of S1O1A1K5E1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagram / semordnilap of SOAKED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters by reversing their order?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
See also the blanagrams of Soaked!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Soaked to see it in context!