Soldiers appears in the following tongue twisters:
- In shoulder surgery some surgeons sew soldiers' shoulders.
- Sister Suzie sewing shirts for soldiers
Such skill as sewing shirts
Our shy young sister Suzie shows
Some soldiers send epistles
Say they'd rather sleep in thistles
Than the saucy, soft short shirts for soldiers Sister Suzie sews.
- Sister Susie's sewing shirts for soldiers,
Such saucy soft short shirts for soldiers sister Susie sews,
Some soldiers send epistles say they'd sooner sleep on thistles,
Than those saucy soft short shirts for soldiers,
Sister Susie sews.
On this page:
- Phrases with Soldiers
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soldiers
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soldiers
- Photos about Soldiers
- Video language resources about Soldiers
- Sign language
- Quotes about Soldiers
- Scrabble value of S1O1L1D2I1E1R1S1
- Anagrams of SOLDIERS
- Share this page
- Soldiers is a TV comedy series created by Vyacheslav Murugov, Dmitry Lesnevsky and Leonid Kuprido.
- also known as Soldaty
- begun on (11 years ago)
- country: Russia
- created by Vyacheslav Murugov, Dmitry Lesnevsky, Leonid Kuprido
- regular cast:
- Aleksey Maklakov as Warrant Officer Shmatko
- Oskar Kuchera as Captain Kurenkov
- Aleksey Oshurkov as Capt. Nikolai Zubov
- Ivan Mokhovikov as Pvt. Kuzma Sokolov
- Vyacheslav Grishechkin as Col. Alexander Starokon
- Boris Shcherbakov as Col. Pavel Borodin
- Roman Madyanov as Maj. Viktor Kolobkov
- Ignat Akrachkov as Lieutenant Smalkov
- Roman Bogdanov as Maj. Prikhodko
- Pavel Maykov as Captain Kudashov
- genre: Television comedy
- "Soldiers" is a 1956 drama war film written by Viktor Nekrasov and directed by Aleksandr Ivanov.
- also known as Soldaty, Stalingrad, Four Soldiers from Stalingrad
- country: Soviet Union
- language: Russian Language
- production design by Nikolai Suvorov
- written by Viktor Nekrasov
- based on a story by Viktor Nekrasov
- cinematography by Vyacheslav Fastovich
- music by Oleg Karavajchuk
- genres: Drama, War film
- released in (60 years ago)
"Soldiers": Soldiers: An Obituary for Geneva is a play about Winston Churchill.
- also known as "Soldiers: An Obituary for Geneva [play]", Soldiers; an obituary for Geneva
- author: Rolf Hochhuth
- subject: World War II
- "Soldiers" is an ABBA song, released on their 1981 album The Visitors.
- "Soldiers" is a pop song released in 2012 by the Swedish singer songwriter Ulrik Munther. He took part in Melodifestivalen 2012 on 11 February that year, in a bid to represent Sweden in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The song came third overall after Loreen won with "Euphoria" and Danny Saucedo was runner-up with "Amazing".
- "SOLDIERS" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by 柴田直人
- "Soldiers" is the second single from the album Hourly, Daily by Australian rock band You Am I. It was released in 1996 and reached number 80 in the 1996 Triple J Hottest 100 and number 33 on the Australian charts.
- "Soldiers" is the lead single off Drowning Pool's third studio album Full Circle. Released in 2007 and marks the Drowning Pool single debut of frontman Ryan McCombs, formerly of Soil. It also features McCombs' signature shouting style otherwise heard rarely on the album.
- "Soldiers" is a musical album by Ulrik Munther.
- released on
- Soldiers a.k.a. Soldier: A soldier is one who fights as part of an organized land-based armed force; if that force is for hire the person is generally termed a mercenary soldier, or mercenary. The majority of cognates of the word "soldier" that exist in other languages have a meaning that embraces both commissioned and non-commissioned officers in national land forces.
- also known as Military person, Military officer, Armed force officer
- Soldiers: A soldier, in British English, is a thin strip of bread or toast; the soldiers that a slice is cut into are reminiscent of soldiers on parade. The toast is sliced in this manner so that it can be dipped into a soft boiled egg that has had the top of its shell removed. Many people also enjoy "vegemite soldiers" in Australia or "marmite soldiers" in the UK which follow the same principle and are spread with Vegemite or Marmite respectively.
- Soldiers is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Soldiers
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soldiers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The words used as modifiers are and Fifty tells about the Brave tells about the Soldiers is a Quickly tells about the Drove Back tells about the — The tells about the Enemy is a Diagram : Therefore, Therefore, -. Therefore, soldiers is a Therefore, ...
Claude Lorrain & Modern Art (1926)
The Rede Lecture, MCMXXVI by Arthur Mayger Hind
Beyond the soldiers is a circular temple, in exceedingly bad repair; and close beside it, built against its very walls, a neat watermill in full work. By the mill flows a large river with a weir all across it. The weir has not been made for the mill (for ...
Goodbye Vietnam (2013)
by William Broyles
The old saying among soldiers is that the difference between a fairy tale and a war story is that the fairy tale begins “Once upon a time” and the war story begins “This is no shit.” It's meant as a joke, but it makes a deeper point. War stories, in ...
English-Cheyenne Dictionary (1915)
by Rodolphe Charles Petter
notxestoz, soldiers (collectively ), army ; eostaeno txestoz , the Christian band; ...
by Mehmet Odekon
Soldiers. Child soldiers are a phenomenon of postcolonial warfare in underdeveloped countries. They are a vivid expression of poverty in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, where many children are not able to see a viable future for themselves.
by William Weir
For seventeen months British soldiers had occupied Boston. They had been sent by a nervous home government to enforce a series of unpopular laws—taxes intended to make the colonists pay ...
by Alan L. Berger
," Gone to Soldiers isa WorldWar II novel in theepic tradition of such novels as James ...
by Jackson R. Bryer, Mary C. Hartig
Asthe play begins, some soldiersaredetailed to burysix soldiers killed several days before. As they smoke cigarettes and dig the grave, they talk about the dead soldiers and the war. They seem hardened to death and complain about the stink ...
Volume 7: Foodways by John T. Edge
Food was an everyday worry for Confederate soldiers, as military allotments were sparse after the first months of the war. Insufficient food supplies, spoiled meat, unripe fruit, and polluted water caused nutritional deficiencies that promoted ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soldiers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soldiers
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ali E9
Photo credit: borkur.net
Photo credit: Chibuz
U.S. Colored Troops re-enactment from North Carolina #NCmuseumhistory event #AACC2018
Photo credit: Michael A. Richardson
another surreptitious picture of lebanese soldiers in downtown beirut.
Photo credit: upyernoz
Soldiers in the streets of Stockholm
Photo credit: Lingostal
Andreas Manessinger, manessinger.com, Creative Commons BY-SA
Photo credit: amanessinger
Photo credit: Johnny Silvercloud
- Japanese Soldiers with Machine Guns
This photos was taken in the 1930s showing Japanese soldiers with a couple of machine guns.
Photo credit: born1945
- Israeli soldiers
Israeli soldiers on an afternoon hike.
Photo credit: jdlasica
- Japanese Soldiers
This photo was taken in the 1930s most like in Chosen (Korea) or Manchuria.
Photo credit: born1945
- Israeli Soldiers
Photo credit: Lexie Stevenson
- Military Soldiers
This photo was taken at a memorial in Jacksonville, Al......
Photo credit: geopungo
- Soldiers vs. Lion
Alexander the Great fountain on Skopje square
Photo credit: MLazarevski
- Food drive helps Soldiers, Families
First Sgt. Argelio Rodriguez, HHC 1st Avn. Bde. first sergeant, catalogs non-perishable canned goods at the HHC 1st Avn. Bde. Food Locker Aug. 6. The Feds Feed Families Food Drive campaign is aiming to fill the food locker for Soldiers and their Families in need on Fort Rucker. (Photo by Nathan Pfau)
Photo credit: Fort Rucker
View more pictures about Fallen Soldiers.
Video language resources about Soldiers
Click on an item to play that video:
- Boot Up Phrasal Verbs Military & War Vocabulary Military Terms Soldiers in English Video
Example: They booted up and ran twelve miles. Boot Up Phrasal Verbs Military & War Vocabulary Military Terms Soldiers in English Video Verb boot ...
- Vocabulary - Ex Child Soldiers - Migliora il tuo Inglese - Improve your English
Vocabulary - Ex Child Soldiers - Migliora il tuo Inglese - Improve your English Ex Child Soldiers: people who used to be soldiers when they were children.
- Definition of Child Soldiers
- Language Enabled Soldiers
When Spc. Kevin Chalkley of the 7-10 Calvary Scout Regiment, 4th Infantry Division began learning Dari at the Defense Language Institute's Fort Carson ...
- Fort Benning Foreign Language Tables Help Keep Soldiers Fluent
The lunch tables on Fort Benning offers a unique opportunity for those who speak a second language. Katie Cooke took a seat for lunchtime chat.
- Child Soldiers Language Arts project 2 revised
- Soldiers Update: Speaking the Language
Joint Service Members partake in week-long integration course to prepare them for their mission in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- US Soldiers on Dari and Pashtu language training
- Soldiers using the Rosetta Stone computer program to learn a new language
View more videos about Blow this for a game of soldiers.
See also the pronunciation examples of Soldiers!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Soldiers
Soldiers who are not afraid of guns, bombs, capture, torture or death say they are afraid of homosexuals. Clearly we should not be used as soldiers; we should be used as weapons.
more quotes about soldiers...
Scrabble value of S1O1L1D2I1E1R1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SOLDIERS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Soldiers!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Soldiers to see it in context!