The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun soul:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun soul
- Phrases with Soul
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soul
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soul
- Photos about Soul
- Videos about Soul
- Sign language
- Quotes about Soul
- Scrabble value of S1O1U1L1
- Anagrams of SOUL
- Share this page
Soul is sometimes a misspelling of sole.
The word soul is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun soul
What does soul mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: souls
- the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
- a human being
- lexical domain: Tops - unique beginner for nouns
- synonyms of soul: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone
- more generic terms: being / organism = a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently; causal agency / causal agent / cause = any entity that produces an effect or is responsible for events or results
- more specific terms:
- self = a person considered as a unique individual
- grownup / adult = a fully developed person from maturity onward
- adventurer / venturer = a person who enjoys taking risks
- unusual person / anomaly = a person who is unusual
- anachronism = a person who seems to be displaced in time
- applicant / applier = a person who requests or seeks something such as assistance or employment or admission
- appointment / appointee = a person who is appointed to a job or position
- capitalist = a person who invests capital in a business
- capturer / captor = a person who captures and holds people or animals
- modifier / changer = a person who changes something
- color-blind person = a person unable to distinguish differences in hue
- common person / common man / commoner = a person who holds no title
- communicator = a person who communicates with others
- contestant = a person who participates in competitions
- coward = a person who shows fear or timidity
- creator = a person who grows or makes or invents things
- controversialist / disputant / eristic = a person who disputes
- applied scientist / technologist / engineer = a person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems
- entertainer = a person who tries to please or amuse
- experimenter = a person who enjoys testing innovative ideas
- expert = a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
- face = a part of a person that is used to refer to a person
- female person / female = a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
- gipsy / gypsy = a person who resembles a Gypsy in leading an unconventional, nomadic way of life
- individualist = a person who pursues independent thought or action
- inhabitant / indweller / habitant / denizen / dweller = a person who inhabits a particular place
- aboriginal / aborigine / indigene / indigen / native = an indigenous person who was born in a particular place
- native = a person born in a particular place or country
- inexperienced person / innocent = a person who lacks knowledge of evil
- intellectual / intellect = a person who uses the mind creatively
- juvenile person / juvenile = a young person, not fully developed
- lover = a person who loves someone or is loved by someone
- loved one = a person who you love, usually a member of your family
- leader = a person who rules or guides or inspires others
- male person / male = a person who belongs to the sex that cannot have babies
- money handler / money dealer = a person who receives or invests or pays out money
- national / subject = a person who owes allegiance to that nation
- nonreligious person = a person who does not manifest devotion to a deity
- nonworker = a person who does nothing
- compeer / equal / match / peer = a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- percipient / perceiver / beholder / observer = a person who becomes aware (of things or events) through the senses
- percher = a person situated on a perch
- forerunner / precursor = a person who goes before or announces the coming of another
- primitive person / primitive = a person who belongs to an early stage of civilization
- religious person = a person who manifests devotion to a deity
- sensualist = a person who enjoys sensuality
- traveller / traveler = a person who changes location
- unfortunate person / unfortunate = a person who suffers misfortune
- persona non grata / unwelcome person = a person who for some reason is not wanted or welcome
- unskilled person = a person who lacks technical training
- worker = a person who works at a specific occupation
- African = a native or inhabitant of Africa
- person of colour / person of color = any non-European non-white person
- African-American / Negroid / Black / Negro = a person with African ancestry,
- White person / Caucasian / White = a Caucasian
- Native American / Amerindian = any member of the peoples living in North or South America before the Europeans arrived
- Slav = any member of the people of eastern Europe or Asian Russia who speak a Slavonic language
- gentile = a person who is not a member of one's own religion
- Israelite / Hebrew / Jew = a person belonging to the worldwide group claiming descent from Jacob (or converted to it) and connected by cultural or religious ties
- Aries / Ram = a person who is born while the sun is in Aries
- Taurus / Bull = a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
- Gemini / Twin = a person who is born while the sun is in Gemini
- Cancer / Crab = a person who is born while the sun is in Cancer
- Lion / Leo = a person who is born while the sun is in Leo
- Virgin / Virgo = a person who is born while the sun is in Virgo
- Balance / Libra = a person who is born while the sun is in Libra
- Scorpion / Scorpio = a person who is born while the sun is in Scorpio
- Sagittarius / Archer = a person who is born while the sun is in Sagittarius
- Capricorn / Goat = a person who is born while the sun is in Capricorn
- Water Bearer / Aquarius = a person who is born while the sun is in Aquarius
- Pisces / Fish = a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- abator = a person who abates a nuisance
- abjurer = a person who abjures
- abomination = a person who is loathsome or disgusting
- nondrinker / abstainer / abstinent = a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages
- succeeder / achiever / success / winner = a person with a record of successes
- acquaintance / friend = a person with whom you are acquainted
- acquirer = a person who acquires something
- active = a person who is a participating member of an organization
- worker / actor / doer = a person who acts and gets things done
- adjudicator = a person who studies and settles conflicts and disputes
- admirer = a person who admires
- adoptee = someone (such as a child) who has been adopted
- antagonist / adversary / opponent / resister / opposer = someone who offers opposition
- advisee = someone who receives advice
- advocator / proponent / advocate / exponent = a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
- affiant = a person who makes an affidavit
- agnostic / doubter = someone who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
- albino = a person with congenital albinism: white hair and milky skin
- amateur = someone who pursues a study or sport as a pastime
- ancient = a person who lived in ancient times
- anti = a person who is opposed
- anti-American = a person who is opposed to the United States and its policies
- apprehender = a person who seizes or arrests
- appreciator = a person who is fully aware of something and understands it
- archaist = a person who archaizes
- arrogator = a person who through conceit makes pretentious claims to rights or advantages that he or she is not entitled to or to qualities that he or she does not possess
- assessee = a person (or property) that is assessed
- asthmatic = a person suffering from asthma
- authority = persons who exercise (administrative) control over others
- autodidact = a person who has taught himself
- automaton / zombie / zombi = someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way
- baby boomer / boomer = a member of the baby boom generation in the 1950s
- baby buster / buster = a person born in the generation following the baby boom when the birth rate fell dramatically
- bad guy = any person who is not on your side
- bad person = a person who does harm to others
- baldhead / baldpate / skinhead / baldy / skin = a person whose head is bald or shaved
- noncompliant / baulker / balker = a person who refuses to comply
- bullfighter / toreador = someone who fights bulls
- bather = a person who takes a bath
- beard = a person who diverts suspicion from someone
- bedfellow = a person with whom you share a bed
- bereaved person / bereaved = a person who has suffered the death of someone they loved
- topper / best = the person who is most outstanding or excellent
- birth = a baby born
- biter = someone who bites
- blogger = a person who keeps and updates a blog
- blonde / blond = a person with fair skin and hair
- bluecoat = a person dressed all in blue
- muscle builder / muscle-builder / musclebuilder / bodybuilder / muscleman = someone who does special exercises to develop a brawny musculature
- bomber = a person who plants bombs
- brunette / brunet = a person with dark (brown) hair
- buster = a person (or thing) that breaks up or overpowers something
- candidate / prospect = someone who is considered for something
- case = a person requiring professional services
- cashier = a person responsible for receiving payments for goods and services
- celebrater / celebrator / celebrant = a person who is celebrating
- censor = someone who censures or condemns
- chameleon = a changeable or inconstant person
- beguiler / charmer = a person who charms others
- child / baby = an immature childish person
- chutzpanik = a person characterized by chutzpa
- closer = a person who closes something
- clumsy person = a person with poor motor coordination
- aggregator / collector = a person who collects things
- belligerent / combatant / scrapper / battler / fighter = someone who fights
- complexifier = someone makes things complex
- compulsive = a person with a compulsive disposition
- computer user = a person who uses computers for work or entertainment or communication or business
- contemplative = a person devoted to the contemplative life
- convert = a person who has been converted to another religious or political belief
- emulator / imitator / copycat / aper / ape = someone who copies the words or behavior of another
- counter = a person who counts things
- counterterrorist = someone who attempts to prevent terrorism
- crawler / creeper = a person who crawls or creeps along the ground
- creature / wight = a human being
- creditor = a person to whom money is owed by a debtor
- cripple = someone who is unable to walk normally because of an injury or disability to the legs or back
- social dancer / dancer = a person who participates in a social gathering arranged for dancing
- deceased person / dead person / dead soul / deceased / decedent / departed = someone who is no longer alive
- deaf person = a person with a severe auditory impairment
- degrader / debaser = a person who lowers the quality or character or value
- debitor / debtor = a person who owes a creditor
- defecator / shitter / voider = a person who defecates
- delayer = a person who delays
- deliverer = a person who gives up or transfers money or goods
- demander = a person who makes demands
- dieter = a person who diets
- differentiator / discriminator = a person who (or that which) differentiates
- disentangler / unraveller / unraveler = a person who removes tangles
- contestant / dissenter / dissident / protester / objector = a person who dissents from some established policy
- divider = a person who separates something into parts or groups
- spousal equivalent / significant other / spouse equivalent / domestic partner = a person (not necessarily a spouse) with whom you cohabit and share a long-term sexual relationship
- look-alike / double / image = someone who closely resembles a famous person
- dresser = a person who dresses in a particular way
- driveller / slobberer / dribbler / drooler = a person who dribbles
- substance abuser / drug user / user = a person who takes drugs
- dyslectic / dyslexic = a person who has dyslexia
- eccentric person / eccentric / oddball / flake / geek = a person with an unusual or odd personality
- ectomorph = a person with a thin body
- effecter / effector = one who brings about a result or event
- Elizabethan = a person who lived during the reign of Elizabeth I
- emotional person = a person subject to strong states of emotion
- endomorph = a heavy person with a soft and rounded body
- enjoyer = a person who delights in having or using or experiencing something
- enrollee = a person who enrolls in (or is enrolled in) a class or course of study
- ethnic = a person who is a member of an ethnic group
- adventurer / explorer = someone who travels into little known regions
- extravert / extrovert = a person concerned more with practical realities than with inner thoughts and feelings
- faddist = a person who subscribes to a variety of fads
- faller = a person who falls
- fastener = a person who fastens or makes fast
- fiduciary = a person who holds assets in trust for a beneficiary
- first-rater = one who is first-rate
- follower = a person who accepts the leadership of another
- free spirit / freewheeler / free agent = someone acting freely or even irresponsibly
- friend = a person you know well and regard with affection and trust
- fugitive / runaway / fleer = someone who flees from an uncongenial situation
- gainer = a person who gains
- weight gainer / gainer = a person who gains weight
- gambler = a person who wagers money on the outcome of games or sporting events
- gatekeeper = someone who controls access to something
- gatherer = a person who gathers
- good guy = any person who is on your side
- good person = a person who is good to other people
- granter = a person who grants or gives something
- welcomer / greeter / saluter = a person who greets
- grinner = a person who grins
- groaner = a person who groans
- grunter = a person who grunts
- guesser = a person who guesses
- handicapped person = a person who has some condition that markedly restricts their ability to function physically or mentally or socially
- hater = a person who hates
- heterosexual person / straight person / heterosexual / straight = a person having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex
- homosexual / homophile / homo / gay = someone who is sexually attracted to persons of the same sex
- homunculus = a tiny fully formed individual that (according to the discredited theory of preformation) is supposed to be present in the sperm cell
- hope = someone (or something) on which expectations are centered
- hoper = a person who hopes
- huddler = a person who crouches
- hugger = a person who hugs
- immune = a person who is immune to a particular infection
- insured person / insured = a person whose interests are protected by an insurance policy
- interpreter = someone who uses art to represent something
- introvert = a person who tends to shrink from social contacts and to become preoccupied with their own thoughts
- Jat = a member of an Indo-European people widely scattered throughout the northwest of the Indian subcontinent and consisting of Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs
- jewel / gem = a person who is as brilliant and precious as a piece of jewelry
- jumper = a person who jumps
- junior = the younger of two persons
- killer / slayer = someone who causes the death of a person or animal
- relation / relative = a person related by blood or marriage
- kink = a person with unusual sexual tastes
- kneeler = a person in a kneeling position
- knocker = a person who knocks
- apprehender / knower = a person who knows or apprehends
- odd man out / odd fellow / queer bird / queer duck / odd fish / kook = someone regarded as eccentric or crazy and standing out from a group
- large person = a person of greater than average size
- Latin = a person who is a member of those peoples whose languages derived from Latin
- laugher = a person who is laughing or who laughs easily
- assimilator / learner / scholar = someone (especially a child) who learns (as from a teacher) or takes up knowledge or beliefs
- left-hander / southpaw / lefty = a person who uses the left hand with greater skill than the right
- life = a living person
- lightning rod = someone who is a frequent target of negative reactions and serves to distract attention from another
- linguist / polyglot = a person who speaks more than one language
- literate person / literate = a person who can read and write
- liver = a person who has a special life style
- thirster / yearner / longer = a person with a strong desire for something
- loose cannon = a person who is expected to perform a particular task but who is out of control and dangerous
- machine = an efficient person
- mailer = a person who mails something
- malcontent = a person who is discontented or disgusted
- man = the generic use of the word to refer to any human being
- manipulator = a person who handles things manually
- man jack = a single individual
- married = a person who is married
- masturbator / onanist = a person who practices masturbation
- measurer = a person who makes measurements
- nonmember = a person who is not a member
- mesomorph = a person with a well-developed muscular body
- mestizo = a person of mixed racial ancestry
- middlebrow = someone who is neither a highbrow nor a lowbrow
- miracle worker / miracle man = a person who claims or is alleged to perform miracles
- misfit = someone unable to adapt to their circumstances
- misogamist = a person who hates marriage
- mixed-blood = a person whose ancestors belonged to two or more racial groups
- modern = a contemporary person
- monolingual = a person who knows only one language
- mother hen = a person who cares for the needs of others
- mouse = person who is quiet or timid
- mutilator / mangler / maimer = a person who mutilates or destroys or disfigures or cripples
- namer = a person who gives a name or names
- namesake = a person with the same name as another
- neglecter = a person who is neglectful and gives little attention or respect to people or responsibilities
- neighbour / neighbor = a person who lives (or is located) near another
- neutral = one who does not side with any party in a war or dispute
- nondescript = a person is not easily classified and not very interesting
- nonparticipant = a person who does not participate
- nonpartisan / nonpartizan = a person who is nonpartisan
- nonperson / unperson = a person regarded as nonexistent and having no rights
- nonresident = someone who does not live in a particular place
- nonsmoker = a person who does not smoke tobacco
- nude person / nude = a naked person
- nurser = a person who treats something carefully
- occultist = a believer in occultism
- optimist = a person disposed to take a favorable view of things
- orphan = someone or something who lacks support or care or supervision
- ostrich = a person who refuses to face reality or recognize the truth
- ejector / ouster = a person who ousts or supplants someone else
- outcaste = a person belonging to no caste
- outdoorsman = a person who spends time outdoors
- possessor / owner = a person who owns something
- mollycoddler / pamperer / coddler / spoiler = someone who pampers or spoils by excessive indulgence
- pansexual = a person who participates in (or is open to) sexual activities of many kinds
- forgiver / pardoner / excuser = a person who pardons or forgives or excuses a fault or offense
- partner = a person who is a member of a partnership
- party = a person involved in legal proceedings
- passer = a person who passes as a member of a different ethnic or racial group
- personage = another word for person
- personification = a person who represents an abstract quality
- perspirer / sweater = a person who perspires
- philosopher = a wise person who is calm and rational
- selector / chooser / picker = a person who chooses or selects out
- urinator / pisser = a person who urinates
- contriver / deviser / planner = a person who makes plans
- player = a person who pursues a number of different social and sexual partners simultaneously
- posturer = someone who behaves in a manner calculated to impress or mislead others
- powderer = someone who applies or scatters powder
- preserver = someone who keeps safe from harm or danger
- propositus = the person immediately affected by or concerned with an action
- public relations person = a person employed to establish and promote a favorable relationship with the public
- pursuer = a person who pursues some plan or goal
- pussycat = a person who is regarded as easygoing and agreeable
- quarter = an unspecified person
- quitter = a person who gives up too easily
- radical = a person who has radical ideas or opinions
- rara avis / rare bird = a rare or unique person
- realist = a person who accepts the world as it literally is and deals with it accordingly
- rectifier = a person who corrects or sets right
- red-header / carrottop / redheader / redhead = someone who has red hair
- registrant = a person who is formally entered (along with others) in a register
- comforter / reliever / allayer = a person who reduces the intensity (e.g., of fears) and calms and pacifies
- repeater = a person who repeats
- recoverer / rescuer / saver = someone who saves something from danger or violence
- rester = a person who rests
- controller / restrainer = a person who directs and restrains
- revenant = a person who returns after a lengthy absence
- wealthy person / rich person / have = a person who possesses great material wealth
- right hander / right-hander / righthander = a person who uses the right hand more skillfully than the left
- riser = a person who rises
- romper = a person who romps or frolics
- roundhead = a brachycephalic person
- swayer / ruler = a person who rules or commands
- rusher = a person who rushes; someone in a hurry
- scientist = a person with advanced knowledge of one or more sciences
- scratcher = a person who scratches to relieve an itch
- second-rater / mediocrity = a person of second-rate ability or value
- cloud seeder / seeder = a person who seeds clouds
- searcher / quester / seeker = someone making a search or inquiry
- segregate = someone who is or has been segregated
- sentimentalist / romanticist = someone who indulges in excessive sentimentality
- sex object = any person regarded simply as an object of sexual gratification
- sex symbol = a person (especially a celebrity) who is well-known for their sexual attractiveness
- mover and shaker / shaker = a person who wields power and influence
- showman = a person skilled at making effective presentations
- signatory / signer = someone who signs and is bound by a document
- simpleton / simple = a person lacking intelligence or common sense
- six-footer = a person who is at least six feet tall
- skidder / slipper / slider = a person who slips or slides because of loss of traction
- slave = a person who is owned by someone
- slave = someone entirely dominated by some influence or person
- sleepyhead = a sleepy person
- sloucher = a person who slouches
- small person = a person of below average size
- smasher = a person who smashes something
- smiler = a person who smiles
- sneezer = a person who sneezes
- sniffer = a person who sniffs
- sniffler / sniveler = a person who breathes audibly through a congested nose
- snuffer = a person who snuffs out candles
- snuffler = a person who breathes noisily
- socialiser / socializer = a person who takes part in social activities
- sort = a person of a particular character or nature
- sounding board = a person whose reactions to something serve as an indication of its acceptability
- sphinx = an inscrutable person who keeps his thoughts and intentions secret
- expectorator / spitter = a person who spits
- sport = a person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances
- sprawler = a person who sprawls
- spurner = a person who rejects (someone or something) with contempt
- squint-eye / squinter = a person with strabismus
- smotherer / stifler = a person who stifles or smothers or suppresses
- stigmatist / stigmatic = a person whose body is marked by religious stigmata
- stooper = a person who carries himself or herself with the head and shoulders habitually bent forward
- stranger = an individual that one is not acquainted with
- struggler = a person who struggles with difficulties or with great effort
- guinea pig / subject / case = a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures
- supernumerary = a person serving no apparent function
- surrenderer / yielder = a person who yields or surrenders
- survivalist = someone who tries to insure their personal survival or the survival of their group or nation
- survivor = one who outlives another
- suspect = someone who is under suspicion
- tagger = someone who appends or joins one thing to another
- tagger = someone who assigns labels to the grammatical constituents of textual matter
- tapper = a person who strikes a surface lightly and usually repeatedly
- tempter = a person who tempts others
- termer = a person who serves a specified term
- scourge / terror / threat = a person who inspires fear or dread
- testator / testate = a person who makes a will
- skin and bones / thin person / scrag = a person who is unusually thin and scrawny
- third-rater = one who is third-rate or distinctly inferior
- thrower = someone who projects something
- tiger = a fierce or audacious person
- totemist = a person who belongs to a clan or tribe having a totem
- toucher = a person who causes or allows a part of the body to come in contact with someone or something
- transferee / transfer = someone who transfers or is transferred from one position to another
- transsexual / transexual = a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex
- transgendered / transsexual / transexual = a person who has undergone a sex change operation
- cross-dresser / transvestite = someone who adopts the dress or manner or sexual role of the opposite sex
- attempter / essayer / trier = one who tries
- turner = one of two persons who swing ropes for jumpers to skip over in the game of jump rope
- tyrant = any person who exercises power in a cruel way
- ugly duckling = an ugly or unpromising child who grows into a beautiful or worthy person
- unfastener / opener / undoer / untier = a person who unfastens or unwraps or opens
- user = a person who makes use of a thing
- vanisher = a person who disappears
- victim / dupe = a person who is tricked or swindled
- Victorian = a person who lived during the reign of Victoria
- visionary = a person given to fanciful speculations and enthusiasms with little regard for what is actually possible
- visually impaired person = someone who has inferior vision
- waiter = a person who waits or awaits
- waker = a person who awakes
- walk-in = person who walks in without having an appointment
- needer / wanter = a person who wants or needs something
- ward = a person who is under the protection or in the custody of another
- warrior = someone engaged in or experienced in warfare
- watcher = a person who keeps a devotional vigil by a sick bed or by a dead body
- weakling / doormat / wuss = a person who is physically weak and ineffectual
- weasel = a person who is regarded as treacherous or sneaky
- squirmer / wriggler / wiggler = one who can't stay still
- winker = a person who winks
- withholder = a person who refrains from granting
- witness = a person who testifies under oath in a court of law
- worldling = a person absorbed by the concerns and interests and pleasures of the present world
- yawner = a person who yawns
- personality = the complex of all the attributes--behavioral, temperamental, emotional and mental--that characterize a unique individual
- material body / physical body / human body / physique / anatomy / chassis / figure / build / flesh / frame / shape / form / soma / bod = alternative names for the body of a human being
- member of: people = any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- deep feeling or emotion
- the human embodiment of something
- a secular form of gospel that was a major Black musical genre in the 1960s and 1970s
- example: soul was politically significant during the Civil Rights movement
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: African-American music / black music = music created by African-American musicians; gospel / gospel singing = folk music consisting of a genre of a cappella music originating with Black slaves in the United States and featuring call and response
- Soul a.k.a. Seoul — officially the Seoul Special City — is the capital and largest metropolis of South Korea, forming the heart of the Seoul Capital Area, which includes the surrounding Incheon metropolis and Gyeonggi province, the world's second largest metropolitan area with over 25.6 million people. It is home to over half of South Koreans along with 632,000 international residents. With a population of over 10 million, the megacity is the largest city proper in the OECD.
- also known as Seoul, South Korea; Sŏul-T’Ŭkpyŏlsi; Sŏul; Keijō-Shi; Keizyo; Kyongsongpu; Keijofu; Soul-T'Ukpyolsi; Kyŏngsŏng-Si; Kyŏngsŏng-Bu; Keijo-Shi; Kyongsong-Pu; Kyŏngsŏng-Pu; Seoul City; Keijō-Fu; Soultukpyolsi; Sŏul-Si; Kyongsong-Bu; Kezyo; Keijoshi; Kēzyō; Keijo-Fu; Soulsi; Kyongsong-Si; Soul-Si; Special City Of Seoul; Keizyō; Kyongsongbu; Kyongsongsi
- country: South Korea
- read more about Seoul (city)
- Soul is a 243 m tall residential tower local on the corner of Cavill Avenue and The Esplanade in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It has overtaken Circle on Cavill as the second tallest building on the Gold Coast, behind Q1. The building was approved by the Gold Coast City Council in October 2004 and finished construction in 2012 along with the next stage of the Gold Coast renovation project.
There are other places with in their name, like Soul City.
- Soul a.k.a. Ivan Demidov is a professional poker player from Moscow, Russia.
- read more about Ivan Demidov
- Soul is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Soul (actor)
- Soul a.k.a. Sam & Dave is an award-winning musical group, hall of fame inductee, composer.
- read more about Sam & Dave
- SOUL a.k.a. S.O.U.L.: Sounds Of Unity and Love was a band originating in 1970 in Cleveland. Members were Lee Lovett, Gus Hawkins, Paul Stubblefield, and Walter Winston. Larry Hancock was added in 1971 and Bernard Taylor replaced Walter Winston in 1972.
- read more about S.O.U.L.
- Soul is a musical group.
- album: "Soul"
- Soul is a musical group.
- album: "Tribes"
There are other groups with in their name, like Soul'd, 00-Soul, 2nd Soul, Big Soul, Old Soul, Soul Hat, Soul Jam, Dark Soul, Lake Soul, Lost Soul, Over Soul, Pure soul, Reel Soul, Soul Bomb, Soul Clap, Soul Edge, Soul Sign, Soul-Junk, Atlas Soul and Black Soul.
- Soul Converged Communications is an Australian telecommunications company based in Sydney. Soul's main activities revolve around telecommunications, with business and home and small business divisions.
- also known as Soul Converged Communications
- official website: www.soulaustralia.com.au
- Soul is a defunct organization, record label.
Soul a.k.a. Stelmaria is a fictional character in the 2007 film The Golden Compass.
- read more about Stelmaria
- Soul a.k.a. Soul music is a popular music genre that originated in the United States in the 1950s and early 1960s. It combined elements of African-American gospel music, rhythm and blues, and often jazz. Soul music became popular for dancing and listening in the United States – where record labels such as Motown, Atlantic and Stax labels were influential during the period of the civil rights movement. Soul also became popular around the world, directly influencing rock music and the music of Africa.
- read more about Soul music
- "Soul" is the sixth studio album by British singer Seal, which was released on 10 November 2008. The album was produced by David Foster, and co-produced, engineered and mixed by Jochem van der Saag. It is made up of cover versions of eleven soul music classics.
- "Soul" is an album by saxophonist Coleman Hawkins which was recorded in 1958 and released on the Prestige label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (56 years ago)
- "Soul" is the sixth studio album released by American country rock & southern rock band The Kentucky Headhunters. It was released in 2003 on Audium Entertainment. No singles were released from the album, although one of the tracks, "Have You Ever Loved a Woman?", was first a single for Freddie King in 1960.
- "Soul" is a 1966 studio album by Lena Horne, arranged by Ray Ellis. Soul was the third of four albums Lena Horne recorded for United Artists Records. Recorded between September 9th 1965 and March 11th 1966, and released in June 1966. The album was re-issued on CD in 1996 by EMI and re-released by DRG in 2007 with six bonus tracks.
- "Soul" is the first Chinese-language song by South Korean girl group Girls' Generation. The song is used as the theme song for commercials for the Korean MMORPG video game, Blade & Soul, in Chinese-language markets across Asia. The arrangement with Girls' Generation and Chinese theme song was launched at the "Blade & Soul – Soul Party" on November 30. The "Find Your Soul" theme for the game was launched in June 2013. The Korean version of the song was released on 4th Korean EP Mr.Mr..
- "Soul" is a musical album of Sophie Zelmani.
- released on
- "Soul" is a musical album of David Koven.
- released in (27 years ago)
- "Soul" is a musical album of Mozartband.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Soul" is a musical album of K. Hand.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Soul" is a musical album of Space Safari.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Soul" is a musical album of Jeremy Pelt.
- released on
- "Soul" is a musical album of Soul.
- released on
- "Soul" is a musical album of Luck Mervil.
- "Soul" is a musical album of Zero Positivo.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Soul" is a musical album of Margaret Becker.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Soul" is a musical album of Mindrot.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Soul" is a 2013 Taiwanese horror film written and directed by Chung Mong-Hong. The film was selected as the Taiwanese entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards, but it was not nominated. The film was screened in the Vanguard section of the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
- also known as Shi Hun, Lost Soul
- country: Taiwan
- languages: Mandarin Chinese, Standard Chinese
- director: Mong-Hong Chung
- producers: Tseng Shao-chien & Ju Feng Yeh
- production design by Shih-Hao Chao
- written by Mong-Hong Chung
- cinematography by Mong-Hong Chung
- edited by Shih-Ching Lo
- music by Seu-ming Tseng
- costume design by Li-Wen Hsu
- genres: Horror, Fantasy, Drama
- rating: G
- released on
- official website: www.facebook.com/soulmovie
- "Soul" a.k.a. "Dusha" is a 1981 Soviet musical drama film written by Alexander Borodyansky and directed by Alexander Stefanovich, starring Sofia Rotaru and Mikhail Boyarsky. The movie features songs performed by Sofia Rotaru, Mikhail Boyarsky and the Russian rock band Mashina Vremeni. The movie has substantial philosophical dialogue about the self-criticism of an artist and the existential approach to the golden mean between artistic creation and respect for human dignity.
- read more about Dusha
- Soul: A naive and lively high school girl...
- "Soul" is a film, directed by Apichart Potipirojn.
- "Soul" is a 1986 film written by Kei Shu and Manfred Wong and directed by Kei Shu.
- also known as Lao niang gou sao
- country: Hong Kong
- language: Cantonese
- director: Shu Kei
- written by Shu Kei & Manfred Wong
- released in (29 years ago)
"Soul" is a video game.
- developer: Kydos Studio
- genres: Platform game, Action game
- publisher: Kydos Studio
- released on (4 years ago)
- The soul, in many religious, philosophical and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal and, in many conceptions, immortal essence of a living thing. According to the Abrahamic religions in most of their forms, souls—or at least immortal souls—belong only to human beings. For example, the Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas attributed "soul" to all organisms but argued that only human souls are immortal. Other religions teach that all biological organisms have souls, and others teach that even non-biological entities possess souls. This latter belief is called animism.
- also known as Can kuşu, Tin, 灵魂
- The Soul series is a weapon-based fighting game series by Namco. There are six installments of the video game and various media spin-offs, including music albums and a series of manga books. Originally released as an arcade game with Soul Edge in 1996, and later ported to video game consoles, more recent versions have been released for consoles only and have evolved to include online playing modes.
- mode: Single-player video game, Multiplayer video game
- developer: Namco
- genre: Fighting game
- publishers: Bandai Namco Holdings, Namco
- official website: www.soulcalibur.com
- Soul a.k.a. Soul! or SOUL! was a pioneering performance/variety television program in the late 1960s and early 1970s produced by New York City PBS affiliate, WNET. It showcased African American music, dance and literature.
- genre: Variety show
- Soul is a 2009 TV drama series created by Andy Marshall and directed by Stefan Scaini and Steve DiMarco.
- regular cast: Mpho Koaho
- Gemini Award for Best Writing in a Dramatic Series (Fathers and Daughters) nomination for Floyd Kane
- Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Series (Seducing Spirits, Exile) nomination for Mpho Koaho
- Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Series (Seducing Spirits, Exile), received by Mpho Koaho
- Soul is a TV spot.
- Soul is a video ad.
Phrases with Soul
Phrases starting with the word Soul:
Phrases ending with the word Soul:
- Neo soul
- Old Soul
- dead soul
- White Soul
- World Soul
- kindred soul
- body and soul
- Rest His Soul
- Blue-eyed soul
- heart and soul
- Sell One's Soul
View more phrases with the word Soul in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soul
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Daniel Meyer
Road, the Soul is a Motorcycle.
by Bruce M. Metzger
The soul is the seat and center of the inner life of the human, and the location of the feelings and emotions, especially love. The soul is that part of the human person that survives after the death of the body, and receives the rewards and ...
Esoteric Psychology Vol I (1972)
by Alice A. Bailey, Djwhal Khul
The soul is an expression of the mind of God, for mind and intellect are terms expressing the cosmic principle of intelligent  love,—a love which produces an appearance through the nature of mind and thus is the builder of the separate ...
The Ethics of Killing (2002)
Problems at the Margins of Life by Jeff McMahan
The hylomorphic soul is the form or organizing principle of the body.
The Poor Man's Concordance, and dictionary to the sacred scriptures both of the Old and New Testament (1828)
Designed ... for that class who read the "Poor Man's commentary on the Bible" by Robert Hawker
soul, which is the life of the body, if fled, leaves the body lifeless, and without any longer principle of consciousness. u The body (saith an apostle) without the spirit is dead." (Jam. ii. 26.) Spiritual death is the death of sin, by reason of the want ...
Work Author: Wakako Yamauchi Originally written as a short story, And the Soul Shall Dance was first produced in Seattle by Northwest Asian American Theatre and later inLos Angeles, Honolulu, New YorkCity, San Francisco, ...
The Encyclopedia of Surfing (2005)
by Matt Warshaw
The expression "soul arch" originated in the early 1970s, and the move was made famous by 1976 world champion Peter...
Although Southern California surf guitarist Johnny Fortune wrote and recorded the instrumental "Soul Surfer" in 1963 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soul
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soul
Click on an item to view that photo:
"Until you know that life is interesting - and find it so - you haven't found your soul." ~Geoffrey Fisher
Photo credit: fearthekumquat
Photo credit: Mark Gstohl
Photo credit: Taymaz Valley
"You don't have a Soul.
You are a Soul.
You have a body."
Photo credit: rachel_titiriga
- Flock of Soul
Photo credit: Sabbian Paine
- Soul of river
Photo credit: Luiz Cristofer A.
- Soul Santhe
Simple handicraft at Soul Santhe, Bangalore.
Photo credit: Rajan Manickavasagam
- Cotic Soul
Built by Dales Bike Centre
Photo credit: Menage a Moi
- Soul Santhe
Earrings at Soul Santhe, Bangalore.
Photo credit: Rajan Manickavasagam
- Cotic Soul
Photo credit: Menage a Moi
- Soul, Defined
Photo credit: juliejordanscott
- Art & Soul
Public art at the Oakland Art & Soul Festival
Photo credit: bgreenlee
- Art & Soul
View during Hurricane Irene
Photo credit: angela n.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Soul
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of Soul
This video is an excerpt from Session 1 of Soul Retrieval: The True Source of Healing, a free, yearlong course. For more about the course visit: ...
- Oasis - The Meaning Of Soul Acoustic (Holland 05')
The rest of this gig will be uploaded in the next day or so.
- Oasis - The Meaning Of Soul (Live River Plate Stadium 2009)
Oasis play The Meaning Of Soul Live River Plate Stadium 2009.
- Oasis - The Meaning Of Soul [Legendado/Acoustic Performance]
- The Meaning of Soul Awakening | Interviews with Anadi (Full Interview)
- State Of The Dead 06: Definition Of A Soul (Louder Music)
Download the audio file and/or transcript here...
- Definition of Soul - Rightway euan mitchell one80 remix.
Euan Mitchell remix of forthcoming track from Definition of Soul on GKF Records.
- *History of Christmas* - Spiritual Meaning of the Cross (Soul & Mind) - *Live in Present Moment*
- Kindred soul Meaning
Video shows what kindred soul means. Someone with the same feelings or attitudes as oneself; kindred spirit.. Kindred soul Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Soul Definition - Tears of a Clown
- Oasis - The Meaning of Soul (Rio de Janeiro 2009)
Oasis - The Meaning of Soul Rio de Janeiro - 7/05/2009.
See also the pronunciation examples of Soul!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Soul
Whatever we are the soul of
That we can never see.
Whatever we of the soul are
Soul can't see equally.
Above and below
No soul can know
What floats upon its sea
Or, with or without the flotsam,
That soul will always be. (Douglas Scotney)
more quotes about soul...
Scrabble value of S1O1U1L1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SOUL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Soul!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Soul to see it in context!