The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun specialty:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun specialty
- Phrases with Specialty
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Specialty
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Specialty
- Photos about Specialty
- Video language resources about Specialty
- Sign language
- Quotes about Specialty
- Scrabble value of S1P3E1C3I1A1L1T1Y4
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun specialty
What does specialty mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: specialties
- an asset of special worth or utility
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of specialty: forte / long suit / metier / speciality / strength / strong point / strong suit
- more generic words: asset / plus = a useful or valuable quality
- more specific terms: green fingers / green thumb = a special ability to make plants grow
- a distinguishing trait
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of specialty: distinctiveness / peculiarity / speciality / specialness
- more generic words: individualism / individuality / individuation = the quality of being individual
- more specific words: idiosyncrasy / mannerism / foible = a behavioral attribute that is distinctive and peculiar to an individual
- the special line of work you have adopted as your career
Alternative definition of the noun specialty
- [North America] That in which one specializes; a chosen expertise or talent.
- Specialty is a fictional character from the 1945 film A Sporting Chance.
- Specialty is a fictional character from the 1936 film Cain and Mabel.
- Specialty: In the United States, Canada, and Australia, there are nine recognized dental specialties in which some dentists choose to train and practice, in addition to or instead of general dentistry.
- Specialty: favoured legal subject (eg.
- Specialty: What type of photography this photographer specializes in.
- Specialty: Specialization of this store.
Phrases with Specialty
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Specialty
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Bankers Magazine (1915)
The second specialty is the indicator map, which belongs to the paper line of specialties.
The third specialty is the signature blotter, which not only possesses great utility but is an addition to the office man's desk. The writer has...
The fifth specialty is a leather card case and currency fold, a very popular specialty with men.
by Wallace H. Campbell
The second specialty is the study of geophysical processes producing remanent magnetization, geological rock sampling techniques, and the determination of dated field vector information that is representative of the Earth's fossil field ...
by William Brodrick
Featuring the brilliant criminal lawyer-turned-monk/ detective whose specialty is the intersection of murderous deeds and moral questions and “reminiscent of the early works of John le Carré . . . blending sharp suspense and literary ...
with Cozumel and the Best of the Yucatan by Fodor's
The house specialty is the Yucatecan tikinchic, fish marinated in a sourorange sauce and cooked in a banana leaf over an open flame. There are also delicious tacos, fresh guacamole, and spicy salsa. The food (served 10 am–7 pm) may take ...
More Recipes for the Most Delicious Dishes from America's Most Popular Restaurants by Stephanie Manley
eir house specialty is the caipirinha, made from cachaça liquor—a by-product of sugar making also known as Brazilian white rum. If you cannot nd cachaça, a light rum ...
Health Operations Management (2005)
Patient Flow Logistics in Health Care by Jan Vissers, Roger Beech
the specialty is an approximation of the number of beds available for general surgery from the total number of IC beds of the IC unit.The number of minutes of OT available matches an operating theatre session of 5 hours per day.The number ...
Fodor's Spain 2013 (2012)
A longrevered house specialty is the gallina trufada (truffled hen), asweetsalty recipe with Moorish roots thatincludescognac, black truffles,and nutmeg—it wasoncea common Christmas dish in westernSpain, butthe Pizarrosistersare among the ...
by Michael Ash, Irene Ash
[PPG/Specialty Chem.] Fatty acid alkanolamides; emulsifier, detergent, solubilizer , thickener, lubricant, foam builder/stabilizer used in hard surface cleaners, dishwashes, met- alworking fluids, fiber and hair conditioners, dry cleaning, agric.
Barnstable County-middlesex County/ Nantucket County-worcester County by Editorial Staff
Commerce — Period of Significance: 1900-1924 — Owner: Private — Historic Function: Commerce/Trade — Historic Subfunction: Specialty Store — Current Function: Commerce/Trade — Current Sub-function: Specialty Store Building at ...
fuels lsoparaffinic products Naphthenic paraffinic products Aromatic products Normal alkane products Oxygenated solvents Others/miscellaneous Aviation gas Some specialty solvents Cyclohexane-based solvents/products Some paint and ...
by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, Catherine Whitney
is the official distributor of the Blood Type Diet Specialty Products. The product line includes a home blood type kit, the secretor test, books, educational materials, supplements, meal replacement bars, teas and ...
Blaine, WA: Specialty Technical Publishers. Mata, R., Ramberg, K., & Stuart, W. ( 2003, February 26). Loriman presentation: HIPAA implementation in Texas: Beyond the basics. Overview of HIPAA, HIPAA Security Compliance: Austin, TX. Mata ...
by John Jane Smith Wharton
Fee-simple estates were originally liable in the heir's hands only for the ancestor's specialty debts (*. e., debts under seal, as a bond, &c), but if the heir conveyed away the estate before action brought, the specialty creditor was without remedy, ...
by Jeffrey H. Greenhaus, Gerard A. Callanan
For several professions, the initial career choices are followed by the need to choose a specialty within that profession. For example, physicians-in-training need to decide whether to specialize in pediatrics, orthopedics, psychiatry, or some ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Specialty
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Specialty
Click on an item to view that photo:
- House specialty
Prune stuffed gnocchi, foie gras, toasted almonds, vin santo
Photo credit: Charles Haynes
- Specialty's in SOMA
Yet another location
Photo credit: magerleagues
- Specialty of the House
Or would you like to see the menu? *(SFWP)
*(seriously fiddled with photo)
Photo credit: emily_sheldon
- Specialty Chocolates
Bittersweet egg truffles and ladybug truffles at the herbert Candy Mansion in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. The candy is hand crafted in small batches at the mansion.
Photo credit: Svadilfari
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Specialty
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Definition of Specialty Pharmacy
Bill Sullivan, executive director of SPAARx, describes how his organization's definition of "specialty pharmacy" compares with other entities' definitions. Video ...
- Specialty Meaning
Video shows what specialty means. That in which one specializes; a chosen expertise or talent.. particularity. A particular or peculiar case.. Specialty Meaning.
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Specialty design services
- Universal Language-Swift Specialty School
CPS Right Now Presents...Universal Language - George B. Swift Specialty School.
- S-R Translations Intl. / Language School | Specialty Schools in Houston
S-R Translations International can provide you with technical translations, typing, word processing and interpretation services in several languages. Based in ...
- DC Internationals, LLC Language Institute 10% Discounts | Specialty Schools in Washington
See also the pronunciation examples of Specialty!
Synopsis | Sign Language Ready Reference By School Specialty Publishing
JUST A SUMMARY - THE SUMMARY YOUR FAVORITE BOOK =--- Where to buy this book? ISBN: 9780742407824 Book Review of Sign Language Ready Reference by School S...
Quotes about Specialty
We have had actually a decline in government service overall, but the growth is in high-tech areas, specialty areas in the Labor Department and other departments. (Alexis Herman)
more quotes about specialty...
Scrabble value of S1P3E1C3I1A1L1T1Y4
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine