On this page:
- Definition of the noun speculator
- Phrases with Speculator
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Speculator
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Speculator
- Photos about Speculator
- Video about Speculator
- Quotes about Speculator
- Scrabble value of S1P3E1C3U1L1A1T1O1R1
- Anagrams of SPECULATOR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun speculator
What does speculator mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: speculators
- someone who makes conjectures without knowing the facts
- someone who risks losses for the possibility of considerable gains
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of speculator: plunger
- more generic words: adventurer / venturer = a person who enjoys taking risks; gambler = a person who wagers money on the outcome of games or sporting events
- more specific terms:
- hedger = someone who counterbalances one transaction (as a bet) against another in order to protect against loss
- operator = a speculator who trades aggressively on stock or commodity markets
- scalper = someone who buys something and resells it at a price far above the initial cost
- venture capitalist = a speculator who makes money available for innovative projects
Alternative definition of the noun speculator
- [business, finance] One who speculates; as in investing, one who is willing to take volatile risks upon invested principle for the potential of substantial returns.
Speculator is a village in Hamilton County, New York, United States. The population was 324 at the 2010 census. The village is named after a nearby Speculator Mountain.
- also known as Speculator, New York; Hamilton County / Speculator village
- part of United States of America, New York, Hamilton County
- Speculator is a fictional character from the 2009 film Baarìa.
- Speculator is a fictional character in the 1955 drama war film A Generation.
- Speculator is a profession.
- Speculator is a computer emulator, software.
- developer: Gabriele Roncolato
- genre: Emulator
- license: Freeware
- Speculator is a software, computer emulator.
- developer: Steve Gillott
- genre: Emulator
- license: Freeware
Phrases with Speculator
- Myrmex speculator
- Quedius Speculator
- Adoretus Speculator
- Ataenius Speculator
- Chelonus Speculator
- Corynomma speculator
- Bathythrix Speculator
- Ochthebius speculator
- Phyllotrox Speculator
- Zametopias speculator
- Tanyproctus Speculator
- Aspidosiphon speculator
- Metamermerus Speculator
- Telostylinus Speculator
- Otidocephalus Speculator
- Platycephalus speculator
- Megalocranchia Speculator
- species Myrmex speculator
- Paraspidosiphon speculator
- Species Quedius Speculator
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Speculator
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering the Markets by George Kleinman
A speculator, on the other hand, tries to make money by buying low and selling high (or vice versa). A speculator is a marketplace participant who is neither a ...
by Harold Bierman, Seymour Smidt
A second advantage of convertible bonds for a speculator is that the bonds sometimes have a smaller margin requirement than stock.
by William J. Raynor
Trading Rules Obviously, the corporate currency manager and the currency speculator have much more in common than either are willing to admit. Each will risk financial loss in unpredictable markets. The cash exposure carried ...
by Robert E. Stevens
SPECULATOR A speculator is someone who attempts to profit from selling and buying contracts by anticipating future price adjustments. The speculator assumes market prices and adds liquidity ...
British and American by Eric Partridge
*speculator. ' A friendly speculator (common term for a professional depredator in the Western country at the time of which we write '¦ca. 1833) ...
by K.C.S. Ranganayakulu
The Slang Dictionary Or the Vulgar Words, Street Phrases, and Fast Expressions of High and Low Society Many with Their Etymology, and a Few with Their History Traced (1864)
speculator on the Exchange; and a BULL, although of another order, follows a. like profession. There is something very humorous and applicable in the Slang term LAME DUCK, a defaulter in stock-jobbing speculations.
The Slang Dictionary (1864)
Or, The Vulgar Words, Street Phrases, and "fast" Expressions of High and Low Society. Many with Their Etymology, and a Few with Their History Traced by John Camden Hotten
A bear is a speculator on the Exchange ; and a boll, although of another order, follows a like profession.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Speculator
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Speculator
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: More_Than_Sunshine
- Speculator Auto
Speculator, New York
Photo credit: Mobilus In Mobili
- Perkins Clearing and Speculator Tree Farm
A lot of these hunting camps are no longer here, and there are some new designated campsites along roads in this professionally managed timber lands. Adobe PDF: andyarthur.org/img/full/maps.jessup/media6982.pdf
Photo credit: andyarthur
- The Water Speculator Who Never Found His Wells
Photo credit: cogdogblog
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Speculator
Video shows what speculator means. One who speculates; an observer; a contemplator.. One who forms theories; a theorist.. One who speculates; as in ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Speculator!
Quotes about Speculator
If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he is wrong. (Bernard Baruch)
more quotes about speculator...
Scrabble value of S1P3E1C3U1L1A1T1O1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SPECULATOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Speculator!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Speculator to see it in context!