On this page:
Definition of the noun spiritual being
What does spiritual being mean as a name of something?
- an incorporeal being believed to have powers to affect the course of human events
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of spiritual being: supernatural being
- more generic word: belief = any cognitive content held as true
- more specific terms:
- divinity / immortal / deity / god = any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- aeon / eon = a divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe
- angel = spiritual being attendant upon God
- faerie / sprite / faery / fairy / fay = a small being, human in form, playful and having magical powers
- disembodied spirit / spirit = any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
- trickster = a mischievous supernatural being found in the folklore of many primitive people
- member of: occult / supernatural = supernatural forces and events and beings collectively
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for spiritual being
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Plato Dictionary (2014)
by Morris Stockhammer
Spiritual being is not a combination of rest and motion, but something different from them. Spiritual being, according to its own essence, is neither moving nor resting, but spaceless or intelligible. — Sophist, 250. We maintain that there are two ...
by Charles Fillmore
into a comprehension of man as being a spiritual being, a divine creation, through which God, the Father-Mind, expresses and ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
seance spirit stove etna spiritual being angel, cherub, ens, essence. seraph spiritual enlightenment rebirth spiritual gift charism(a) spiritual glow aura spiritualism board ouija spiritualist medium, occultist spiritualistic session seance spiritual ...
by Elmar Waibl
natural beauty spiritual being s geistiges/beseeltes Sein n. geistige Wesenheit f (met. rel) -> spiritual essence; geistig Seiendes n (ont, min) ...
by Andrew Jackson Graham
Spiritual being, Sper'-liee-Clng). See Supreme Being. Spiritual corporation, Sper' -Ker- Fershon. Spiritual court, Sper'-Kret. Spiritual danger, Sperl-Jer. Spiritual death, Sper>-Dee-Ith. Spiritual form, Sper'-Fer. Spiritual function, Sper'-Ef- Ingshon.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for spiritual being
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about spiritual being
Click on an item to view that photo:
You are a SPIRITUAL BEING
oh it's amusing
Photo credit: Nina A. J. G.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos: