On this page:
- Definition of the noun splint
- Definition of the verb splint
- Phrases with Splint
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Splint
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Splint
- Photos about Splint
- Video about Splint
- Scrabble value of S1P3L1I1N1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun splint
What does splint mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: splints
- a thin sliver of wood
- an orthopedic mechanical device used to immobilize and protect a part of the body (as a broken leg)
Alternative definition of the noun splint
- A narrow strip of wood split or peeled off of a larger piece.
- [medicine] A device to immobilize a body part.
- A dental device applied consequent to undergoing orthodontia.
- A segment of armor.
- A bone found on either side of the horse's cannon bone.
Specialised definition of the noun splint
Glossary of sports
a support for an injured body part that holds it rigid while the tissues heal (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
Definition of the verb splint
What does splint mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: splinted | splinting | splints
- support with a splint
Alternative definition of the verb splint
- To apply a splint.
- To support one's abdomen with hands or a pillow before attempting to cough.
- Splint a.k.a. Splint! is a musical group.
- album: "Moro"
- official website: www.splint.se
- Splint is a rock act whose final line-up came together in spring of 2004. The band is notable for featuring former Strawhorse guitarist Gene Johnston and bassist Greg Moore, who gained world acclaim after signing a deal with SCEA to feature the songs "Atlanta" and "Fishbowl" on the Playstation 2 game ATV Offroad Fury. They were the only unsigned band to be on the game's soundtrack.
"Splint" is a musical album of Don Meers.
- Splint: A splint is a device used for support or immobilization of a limb or the spine. It can be used in multiple situations, including temporary immobilization of potentially broken bones or damaged joints and support for joints during activity.
- also known as 夾板
- Splint, short for Secure Programming Lint, is a programming tool for statically checking C programs for security vulnerabilities and coding mistakes. Formerly called LCLint, it is a modern version of the Unix lint tool.
- license: GNU General Public License
- official website: splint.org
- Splint: A splint is a simple piece of equipment used in scientific laboratories. Splints are typically long, thin strips of wood, about 6 inches long and ¼ inch wide, and are consumable but inexpensive. They are typically used for tasks such as lighting bunsen burners, as the length of the splint allows a flame to be lit without risk to the user's hand, should the burner flare back. Another use for splints are chemical identification of various gases, and are also used to teach simple chemical principles in schools.
- Splint is a software.
Phrases with Splint
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Splint
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas J Sitzman
The splint is an integral part of the authors' protocol, as it preserves the arch width achieved during the expansion phase, protects the delicate graft area from food impaction, and reminds the patient to take proper care of the site. Fig. 15.
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
A continuous clasp splint consists of cast clasps that follow the labial and lingual surfaces of the teeth; it is usually cemented onto the teeth to provide temporary immobilization. An occlusal splint is a removable appliance usually made of hard ...
by Julie Adams, Lee Katolik
The authors' extension splint is a simple plaster or firm plastic strip with an area cut out for the thumb. It is arc shaped to increase the rigidity. Instead of molding the splint to the patients' arm, it is made straight, which is the desired position.
Learn how to survive in the wild with wilderness first aid training and other outdoor survival tips by John McCann
The SAM splint is a flexible 4.25x36-inch sandwich of soft aluminum and closed cell polyethylene foam that, when folded in specific ways, creates a rigid yet comfortable splint used to support and immobilize injuries and fractures of the ...
by American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS),, Rhonda Beck
Q Restriction of distal blood flow resulting from pressure of the bone ends on blood vessels Q Excessive bleeding of the tissues at the injury site caused by broken bone ends A splint is a flexible or rigid device that is used to protect and ...
by Gary A. Shankman, Robert C. Manske
The fracture splint is a bivalve, two-piece orthosis and uses adjustable hook and loop strapping (Fig. 26-7). The splint will allow movement of the unaffected joints such as elbow and wrist for the ulnar fracture. The technique and principles ...
Functional Occlusion (2006)
From TMJ to Smile Design by Peter E. Dawson
A superior repositioning splint is the appliance of choice when a tentative treatment position is used. Diagnostic occlusal therapy Occlusal therapy should always have a specific purpose in mind. Diagnostic occlusal therapy should be ...
by Phineas Thornton
The splint is a hard lump or excrecsence that grows upon the fore legs of a horse, between the fetlock and the knee. It is unpleasant to the eye, but seldom does injury, unless situated on the back of the leg, and immediately under the large ...
by N. Ross Smith
22O APPENDIX B SPLINTS AND APPLIANCES A SPLINT is an apparatus for temporary use to hold a limb in a certain position or to aid gradual correction of a deformity. An appliance is for more or less permanent use as a mechanical support ...
Black Ash Baskets (2011)
Tips, Tools, & Techniques for Learning the Craft by Jonathan Kline
The word splint refers to flat strips of wood. Traditionally, these strips were obtained by either splitting them from a log or, as in the method unique to black ash, pounding a log to separate and peel the annual growth layers from the tree.
First Responder Handbook (2003)
Fire Service Edition by Andrea A. Walter, Marty L. Rutledge, Christopher N. Edgar
A splint is any type of material used to immobilize the injured portion of a patient's body. Splints are often made of rigid materials; however, in some cases soft, pliable materials (such as a pillow wrapped around a patient's leg) are used, Figure ...
Mosby's Dental Dictionary (2013)
by Elsevier, Mosby
splint, n 1. a rigid appliance for the fixation ...
by Equine Research
The plaster splint is moistened and contoured to carpus or tarsus. 3. A plaster splint is applied. 4. The plaster...
Fourourourourour-inch plaster of paris rolls are then applied firmly over the plaster splint. Extra -inch plaster of paris rolls are then ...
The Pistol-shaped Splint is used for fracture of the lower end of the radius (Colles' Fracture), and consists of a piece of board, cut straight at first, and then bent downwards in its own plane, being made of a suitable breadth to fit the fore arm and ...
by Dawn Freshwater, Sian E Maslin-Prothero
spleen splint forming organs; stores blood, and acts as a blood filter. Apparently not essential to life as it can be removed without endangering the patient's life. — splenic, adj. splen-:, spleno-: Combining forms denoting the spleen.
Orthopaedic Dictionary (1994)
by Stanley Hoppenfeld, Michael S. Zeide
(kräg/splint). (n.) A. modification. of. the. Ilfeld splint used in the treatment of Legg- Calvé-Perthes disease. Craig splint Cram Bowstring Test (kram/bö'string/test) (n.) A clinical test used to indicate the presence of lumbar radiculopathy. With the ...
SPLINT. enceratosls (splen"ser-at-o'sis) [Gr. vvAij* >leen + «<p« horn]. A morbid hardening of the >leen. enculus (spleng'ku-lus) [L. "little spleen"]. n accessory spleen, or splenic exclave, enectasls (splen-ek'tas-is) [Gr. awXiv spleen + iroffic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Splint
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Splint
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Splint
ESL - 3-D Printed Splint
View more videos about Shin Splint.
See also the pronunciation examples of Splint!
Scrabble value of S1P3L1I1N1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine