The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun spoken communication:
On this page:
Definition of the noun spoken communication
What does spoken communication mean as a name of something?
- (language) communication by word of mouth
- domain: language / linguistic communication
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of spoken communication: language / oral communication / speech / speech communication / spoken language / voice communication
- more generic term: auditory communication = communication that relies on hearing
- more specific terms:
- words = the words that are spoken
- pronunciation / orthoepy = the way a word or a language is customarily spoken
- conversation = the use of speech for informal exchange of views or ideas or information etc.
- give-and-take / discussion / word = an exchange of views on some topic
- expression / locution / saying = a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations
- non-standard speech = speech that differs from the usual accepted, easily recognizable speech of native adult members of a speech community
- idiolect = the language or speech of one individual at a particular period in life
- monologue = a long utterance by one person
- magical spell / magic spell / charm / spell = a verbal formula believed to have magical force
- dictation = speech intended for reproduction in writing
- monologue / soliloquy = speech you make to yourself
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Spoken Communication
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David Morris
The oral approach: the child is only allowed to use spoken communication which may include finger spelling or lip reading. Two approaches within the oral approach are: (a) acoupedic approach: the emphasis is placed totally on hearing for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Spoken Communication
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Spoken Communication to find many related words and phrases!