The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun squealer:
On this page:
Definition of the noun squealer
What does squealer mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: squealers
- one who reveals confidential information in return for money
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of squealer: betrayer / blabber / informer / rat
- more generic words: informant / source = a person who supplies information
- more specific terms:
- domestic swine
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Sus scrofa
- synonyms of squealer: grunter / hog / pig
- more generic word: swine = stout-bodied short-legged omnivorous animals
- more specific word: porker = a pig fattened to provide meat
- member of: genus Sus / Sus = type genus of the Suidae
- substance: lard = soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog
- geographic area: Africa, Australia, Caribbean, Middle America, North America, Oceania, South America, Europe and Asia
Alternative definition of the noun squealer
- An animal that, or a person who squeals; especially a pig
- [slang] an informant
Squealer is a fictional pig from George Orwell's Animal Farm. He is described in the book to be an effective and very convincing orator.
"Squealer" is a 2005 pornographic horror film directed by Jack the Zipper.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Horror
- Squealer is a musical group.
- Squealer a.k.a. Squealer A.D. is a musical group.
- read more about Squealer A.D.
Squealer is a record label.
- official website: www.squealermusic.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Squealer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gretchen Bernabei, Judi Reimer
Squealer as the Trickster Archetype in Animal Farm In Animal Farm by George Orwell, Squealer is a typical trickster archetype. In the novel a farm is taken over by its overworked, mistreated animals. The animals set out to form a utopia of ...
by Joseph E. Scalia
" Squealer is a brilliant talker, who is persuasive and capable of turning black into white. Some of the animals feel a duty of loyalty to Jones as the ...
Abridged from the Seven-volume Work, Entitled: Slang and Its Analogues by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley
Squealer. 1. A young pigeon. 2. A squeaker (q.v.). 3. (Wellington School). A small boy. Squeemish. Nice (B. E.). Squeeze. 1. Silk. 2. A crowd ; a push (q.v.), crowding. 3. See Squeezer. As verb, ( 1 ) to gripe, or screw hard (B. E.): also ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
healer, heeler, kneeler, peeler, reeler, sealer, spieler, squealer, stealer, stelar, vealer, velar, wheeler appealer, concealer, four-wheeler, freewheeler, newsdealer, repealer, revealer, scene-stealer, side-wheeler, stern-wheeler, three -wheeler, ...
by Elbert Hubbard
Abel : The first squealer. Abhorrence : 1. A pronounced feeling of dislike in the presence of what is superior or unattainable. 2. To discover one's real self and to slander somebody or something else in revenge. 3. A form of hate that suffers from ...
by Joseph L. Cavinato
SQUEALER A slang ...
The Slang Dictionary Or the Vulgar Words, Street Phrases, and Fast Expressions of High and Low Society Many with Their Etymology, and a Few with Their History Traced (1864)
SQUEALER, an informer, also an illegitimate baby.
by Philip D. Morehead
Informal, squealer, tipster. Slang, snitcher, [stool] pigeon, nark, rat, fink, cheese- eater, pig brother. 4, guidebook, handbook; manual; map, PLAN, chart, gazetteer; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Squealer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Squealer
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Squealer
Video shows what squealer means. An animal that, or a person who squeals, especially a pig. an informant. The European swift.. Squealer Meaning. How to ...
Scrabble value of S1Q10U1E1A1L1E1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Squealer to find many related words and phrases!