On this page:
Definition of the verb standardise
What does standardise mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: standardised | standardising | standardises
- evaluate by comparing with a standard
- cause to conform to standard or norm
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- alternative spelling: standardize
- more generic words: govern / order / regularise / regularize / regulate = bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage
- more specific word: gauge = adapt to a specified measurement
Alternative definition of the verb standardise
- To establish a [l, en, standard] consisting of [l, en, regulations] for how something is to be done across an organization.
- To make to conform to a standard.
- To check for [l, en, conformance] with a standard.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for standardise
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Whether it is the time to standardise is a matter for ...
by Alexander Wynter Blyth
The first thing to be done is to standardise the baryta solution by a solution of oxalic acid, containing 2 803G grammes ...
by Urs Eggli, Leonard E. Newton
Attempting to correct or standardise ...
by Henry Watts
To standardise the solution of cyanide of potassium, a known weight (6 to 10 grs.) of pure electrotype copper is dissolved in nitric acid, the solution boiled to expel nitrous fumes, then diluted with water to about half a pint, and treated with ...
by Sir Thomas Edward Thorpe
To standardise the solution, it is titrated against successive weighed quantities of pure sodium carbonate (or sodium oxalate), as do- scribed above. Each separate amount of carbonate should weigh from 2-0 to 2-5 grams, in order to ensure a ...
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge with a New Atlas of the World
Also spelled standardise. They [electrical measuring-instruments] will be useful for standardizing the ordinary forms of voltmeter and ammeter. Science, 7. standardizer (stan'dār-di-zèr), n. . [(standardize + -erl.] One who or that which ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for standardise
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about standardise
Video shows what standardise means. To establish a consisting of for how something is to be done across an organization.. To make to conform to a standard.
Scrabble value of S1T1A1N1D2A1R1D2I1S1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of STANDARDISE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of standardise!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of standardise to see it in context!