The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun stealing:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun stealing
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Stealing
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Stealing
- Photos about Stealing
- Video language resources about Stealing
- Quotes about Stealing
- Scrabble value of S1T1E1A1L1I1N1G2
- Anagrams of STEALING
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun stealing
What does stealing mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: stealings
- the act of taking something from someone unlawfully
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of stealing: larceny / theft / thievery / thieving
- more generic word: felony = a serious crime
- more specific terms:
- breach of trust with fraudulent intent = larceny after trust rather than after unlawful taking
- misappropriation / misapplication / embezzlement / defalcation / peculation = the fraudulent appropriation of funds or property entrusted to your care but actually owned by someone else
- pilferage = the act of stealing small amounts or small articles
- shoplifting / shrinkage = the act of stealing goods that are on display in a store
- robbery = larceny by threat of violence
- biopiracy = biological theft
- grand larceny / grand theft = larceny of property having a value greater than some amount
- petit larceny / petty larceny / petty = larceny of property having a value less than some amount
- skimming = failure to declare income in order to avoid paying taxes on it
- rustling = the stealing of cattle
- avoiding detection by moving carefully
Alternative definition of the noun stealing
- The action of the verb to steal.
- "Stealing" is a musical album of Funky Fresh Few.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Stealing" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Gavin DeGraw
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Stealing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
They Belonged to Glasgow (2011)
by Rudolph Kenna
Police said: 'Tortoise stealing is a fairly rare crime in the city.' Veteran cracksman and prison escapee Johnny Ramensky was found not guilty of safeblowing after forensic evidence was found to be faulty. It was the first acquittal in 'Gentleman' ...
The Transfer Society (2001)
Economic Expenditures on Transfer Activity by David N. Laband, George McClintock
We are referring, in its simplest form, to stealing. Stealing is a forced transfer from the victim to the thief.
and of the duties of parish offficers alphabetically arranged : comprising assessed taxes; poor and church rares; highway rates;... and generally all information likely to be serviceable to parochial authorities or sought for by parishioners and rate-payers by John Henry Brady, James N. Mahon
The other offences enumerated in the Acts above-mentioned, are as follow : Stealing securities for money, or warrants for 7 and » Geo. goods ; robbing, or stealing from the person ; assault- *• **' ing with intent to rob ; demanding property with ...
by Gavin Ambrose, Paul Harris
S Stop Stealing Sheep 240 Stop Stealing Sheep and Find Out How Type Works is the title of a book by Erik Spiekermann and E. M. Ginger. The book's title refers to a quote attributed to (though this is most likely a mis-quote) American type ...
The popular encyclopedia; or, 'Conversations Lexicon': [ed. by A. Whitelaw from the Encyclopedia Americana]. (1846)
by Alexander Whitelaw
Child Stealing ..... Coining . . .
by Roy F. Baumeister, Kathleen D. Vohs
Reasons for Effectiveness Recent research suggests several reasons stealing thunder might work. One is that the revealer appears to be credible, and thus, likeable. Another is that because the negative self-revelation is so unexpected, ...
by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren
More serious types of theft, such as stealing things that belong to the temple or to the king, are also punishable by death (§ 6).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Stealing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Stealing
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Stealing Sheep.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Stealing
Click on an item to play that video:
- Narcissistic Abuse- Stealing The Power Of Definition
This video is about how the narcopath steals the victims power of definition, and how they annihilate the victims sense of self. The video also explains how the ...
- THIEVES prereading strategy - "stealing" meaning from text
This video demonstrates how to model the pre-reading strategy "THIEVES" with your students. THIEVES helps students initiate questions and a purpose for ...
- Stealing Meaning
Video shows what stealing means. The action of the verb to steal.. That which is stolen; stolen property.. Stealing Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Power Stealing & Cool Savings Explanation
In this episode, Tim talks to Contractor Dave about Power Stealing and Cool Savings.
- Hearthstone: Stealing is fun. Deck Explanation.
- Stealing Kings explanation by magicswish
- 8 of 9 - Sara's definition of stealing - Kelowna, BC, 1/07/10
- Rough explanation of L-Drago's spin stealing move
- Android Language Stealing with Android Language Project
This Application is The world's first to be able to install language on Android Phone. You can download the ALP 0.99/D4 here: Google Drive ...
- Stealing Language: The Ultimate History Lesson: Round Table
- BKUK AP Language Stealing Propaganda Presentation
See also the pronunciation examples of Stealing!
Quotes about Stealing
The maiden stealing makes me shy.
Stealing tenth time from home,
I don’t feel that I am stealing.
Conscience pricks me the first time.
(17.03.2011) (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about stealing...
Scrabble value of S1T1E1A1L1I1N1G2
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of STEALING
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Stealing!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Stealing to see it in context!