The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun subdivision:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun subdivision
- Phrases with Subdivision
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Subdivision
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Subdivision
- Photos about Subdivision
- Video language resources about Subdivision
- Quotes about Subdivision
- Scrabble value of S1U1B3D2I1V4I1S1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun subdivision
What does subdivision mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: subdivisions
- an area composed of subdivided lots
- the act of subdividing; division of something previously divided
- a division of some larger or more complex organization
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of subdivision: arm / branch
- more generic word: division = an administrative unit in government or business
- more specific terms:
- local post office / post office = a local branch where postal services are available
- Executive Office of the President / executive branch = the branch of the United States government that is responsible for carrying out the laws
- legislative branch = the branch of the United States government that has the power of legislating
- judicial branch = the branch of the United States government responsible for the administration of justice
- a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical)
- domain: music
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of subdivision: section
- more generic terms: piece of writing / writing / written material = the work of a writer; music = an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
- more specific terms:
- lead-in / lead / lede = the introductory section of a story
- canto = a major division of a long poem
- above = an earlier section of a written text
- sports section = the section of a newspaper that reports on sports
- article / clause = a separate section of a legal document
- book = a major division of a long written composition
- chapter = a subdivision of a written work
- episode = a brief section of a literary or dramatic work that forms part of a connected series
- spot = a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance
- spot = a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
- insert = a folded section placed between the leaves of another publication
- introduction = the first section of a communication
- narration = the second section of an oration in which the facts are set forth
- conclusion / closing / ending / close / end = the last section of a communication
- passage = a section of text
- mezuzah / mezuza = religious texts from Deuteronomy inscribed on parchment and rolled up in a case that is attached to the doorframe of many Jewish households in accordance with Jewish law
- sura = one of the sections (or chapters) in the Koran
- exposition = the section of a movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes first occur
- obbligato / obligato = a part of the score that must be performed without change or omission
- recapitulation = the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) in which musical themes that were introduced earlier are repeated
- development = the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes are developed and elaborated
- a section of a section; a part of a part; i.e., a part of something already divided
Alternative definition of the noun subdivision
- [countable, uncountable] a division into smaller pieces of something that has already been divided; to separate something
- [countable] such a piece that has been divided
- [countable] a parcel of land that has been divided into lots
- [countable] a group of houses created by the same builder or in the same general area
"Subdivision" is feature film, which was released on 20 August 2009 throughout Australia.
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- director: Sue Brooks
- producers: Owen Johnston & Trish Lake
- executive producers: Terry McCann & Richard S. Guardian
- production design by Nicholas McCallum
- art direction by Jenny O'Connell
- written by Ashley Bradnam, Janice Bradnam, Terry McCann
- Bruce Spence as Singlet
- Gary Sweet as Digger Kelly
- Steve Bisley as Harry
- John Batchelor as Pete
- Brooke Satchwell as Tiffany
- Denise Roberts as Faye
- James Stewart as Brett
- Kris McQuade as Betty Kelly
- Kathryn Beck as Dale Kelly
- Aaron Fa'aoso as Solly
- Luke Carroll
- Bryan Probets as Jase
- Andrea Moor
- Andrew Blain as Reg Brassford
- Ashley Bradnam as Jack Kelly
- casting by Christine King & Ben Parkinson
- cinematography by John Stokes
- edited by Jane Moran
- music by Brendan Gallagher
- costume design by Roberta Shaw
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on (6 years ago)
"Subdivision" is a musical EP of Daena Jay.
- released on
Subdivision is a metal band founded in July 2010, Strasbourg, France.
- albums: "Demo", "Day Zero"
- Subdivision is a designation for an administrative country subdivision in India.
- Subdivision is an organism classification rank.
Phrases with Subdivision
- subdivision ascomycota
- subdivision pteropsida
- subdivision zygomycota
- subdivision Bryophytina
- subdivision cycadophyta
- subdivision ginkgophyta
- subdivision pinophytina
- subdivision taxophytina
- subdivision Anthocerotae
- subdivision ascomycotina
- subdivision Charophytina
- subdivision gnetophytina
- subdivision Rhodophytina
- subdivision zygomycotina
- subdivision basidiomycota
- subdivision Chlorophytina
- subdivision cycadophytina
- subdivision deuteromycota
- subdivision ginkgophytina
- subdivision mastigomycota
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Subdivision
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The primary subdivision is the cell, which is the volume over which flow and solute balances are made to give the nodal finite-difference equations. The second subdivision is the element, bounded by four corner nodes, which is the minimum ...
17th International Conference, CP 2011, Perugia, Italy, September 12-16, 2011, Proceedings by Jimmy Lee
subdivision is the map induced by a planar embedding of a graph. The embedding...
Environmental Impact Statement
Georgetown Subdivision is a townhouse development south of Adams Street, approximately 1.8 kilometers (1.1 miles) east of the project corridor. Meadowbrook Subdivision is a medium density single family detached development north of ...
Subdivision Surfaces (2008)
by Jörg Peters, Ulrich Reif
For a graphics designer, subdivision is a tool for automatically cutting off sharp edges from a carefully crafted polyhedral object. The goal is to obtain a finer and Fig. 1.1 Catmull–Clark algorithm: Starting from a given input mesh, 1 Introduction ...
The Foundation of Buddhist Thought by Tashi Tsering
The first subdivision is the objects of observation of the path. In the Four Noble Truths Sutra the Buddha said that the fourth noble truth, the truth of the path leading to the cessation of suffering, must be cultivated. Here we look at the areas of ...
Crohn's Disease (2013)
by James Kyle
In practice there is considerable overlap between the two disease patterns, and the subdivision is an arbitrary one. Natural History In nearly all cases, Crohn's disease runs a chronic relapsing course. No proven example of spontaneous cure ...
Houdini On the Spot (2012)
Power User Tips and Techniques by Craig Zerouni
However, the hierarchical subdivision is a Maya thing, ...
Ions and Light (2017)
by Michael T. Bowers
The second broad subdivision is the use of light emitted by excited molecules to characterize either the chemistry that formed the excited ion, the structure of the excited ion, or both. Four of the ten chapters fall into this Category. There are ...
by Evert W. Johnson
An individual subdivision is a stratum. Examples of such stratification are: 1. The divisions of a student body into two strata, male and female; 2. The divisions of pine stands on a certain tract into three volume classes or strata, high, medium, ...
Volume 21: Art and Architecture by Judith H. Bonner, Estill Curtis Pennington
One such subdivision is that of Gentilly Terrace in New Orleans. Another popular nonhistorical style was the Craftsman style. It had its roots in the English Arts and Crafts movement and was developed as a solution to the “corrupt” values of the ...
Geology of North-West Borneo (2005)
Sarawak, Brunei and Sabah by C.S. Hutchison
The second subdivision is the Sibu Zone, dominated by eugeosynclinal flysch, or a thick monotonous sequence of shale/sandstone turbidite, most likely to have been deposited upon oceanic crust. The turbidite flysch was uplifted in Late ...
Subject Headings Used in the Dictionary Catalogs of the Library of Congress [from 1897 Through June 1964] (1966)
by Library of Congress. Subject Cataloging Division
t See subdivision Curricula under specific ...
by William E. (Bill) Roark, William R. (Ryan) Roark
SUBDIVISION Subdivision is ...
by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
Subdivision is the recursive division of space into subvolumes (see Fig. 9). With the exception of the root cell (which completely encloses the object), subdivision is applied only to transverse cells. Surface vertices and polygons are ...
by Houghton Mifflin Company, Webster
Basic Unit Subdivision Afghanistan afghaoi pal Ecuador Sucre centavo Albania ** qindarka Egypt DOund piaster Algeria dinar centime El Salvador nninA centavo colon Andorra peseta centime Equatorial Guinea Tarx centime Angola kwarua ...
Form subdivision : In library cataloging, a word or phrase added to a subject heading to divide works on the same subject by type...
In Library of Congress subject headings, a form subdivision is usually the final element in a heading ( Libraries ...
Volume 29 - Stanford University Libraries to System Analysis by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour, Jay E. Daily
— while indirect subdivision ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Subdivision
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Subdivision
Click on an item to view that photo:
Cary IL with Lake in the Hills Airport in the back
Photo credit: Mike Miley
Photo credit: Angelo Andiario Photographic Art
- Vintage Springs Subdivision
On Bonhomie Road, Hattiesburg
Photo credit: hattiesburgmemory
- Excellent Subdivision Plan
Photo credit: photo fiddler
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Subdivision
Click on an item to play that video:
- Subdivision Meaning
Video shows what subdivision means. a division into smaller pieces of something that has already been divided; to separate something. such a piece that has ...
- Mixing 4/4 and 7/10 time - explanation on odd subdivision meters
Due to a request on the Drummerworld forum regarding clarification and demonstration of time signatures based on odd subdivisions (such as quintuplets), ...
- Figurative Language Subdivision (Edtech Puppetry)
See also the pronunciation examples of Subdivision!
Quotes about Subdivision
If our government has a policy, any political subdivision, that limits or restricts the enforcement of our immigration laws, we will sue them! And that suit will be $5,000 a day every day until that policy is changed! This law will be enforced. (Russell Pearce)
more quotes about subdivision...
Scrabble value of S1U1B3D2I1V4I1S1I1O1N1
The value of this 11-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Subdivision to see it in context!