On this page:
Definition of the noun suborder reptantia
What does suborder reptantia mean as a name of something?
- lobsters; crabs
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of suborder Reptantia: Reptantia
- more generic term: animal order = the order of animals
- member of: Decapoda / order Decapoda = lobsters; crayfish; crabs; shrimps
- suborder Brachyura / Brachyura = an order of crustaceans (including true crabs) having a reduced abdomen folded against the ventral surface
- lobster = any of several edible marine crustaceans of the families Homaridae and Nephropsidae and Palinuridae
- family Homaridae / Homaridae = large-clawed lobsters
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for suborder Reptantia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Crabs, lobsters and crayfish are classed in the suborder Reptantia, or walking decapods, which is further divided into four infraorders. The species in these infraorders are mainly marine and estuarine. Some crabs can tolerate freshwater ...
Axiidae Invertebrate Zoology, a family of decapod crustaceans, including hermit crabs, of the suborder Reptantia. axil Biology, the angle created by a structure and the axis from which it arises; usually used in relation to the angle between the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for suborder Reptantia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about suborder Reptantia
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'suborder reptantia"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine