Suck appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- "Eda, Emil's red roses suck!" Cal Black cusses, orders tram.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun Suck
- Definition of the verb Suck
- Phrases with Suck
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Suck
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Suck
- Usage statistics about Suck
- Photos about Suck
- Video language resources about Suck
- Quotes about Suck
- Scrabble value of S1U1C3K5
- Anagrams of SUCK
- Share this page
The word suck is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Suck
What does Suck mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sucks
- the act of sucking
Alternative definition of the noun Suck
- [Canada] A weak, self-pitying person; a person who won't go along, especially out of spite; a crybaby or sore loser.
- synonym: sook
- [chiefly Canada] A sycophant, especially a child.
- synonym: sooky baby
Definition of the verb Suck
What does Suck mean as a doing word?
Suck is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: sucked | sucking | sucks
- draw into the mouth by creating a practical vacuum in the mouth
- examples: suck the poison from the place where the snake bit | suck on a straw | the baby sucked on the mother's breast
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula Verbs with the same syntax [Agent - being] [Verb] Cynthia ate | Cynthia drank | Cynthia nibbled | Cynthia sipped Verbs of Ingesting: lap, sip, slurp [Agent - being] [Verb] [Patient] Cynthia ate the peach | Cynthia devoured the pizza | Cynthia drank the wine | Cynthia gobbled the pizza | Cynthia nibbled the carrot | Cynthia quaffed her mead | Cynthia sipped the drink | Cynthia swilled the beverage [Agent - being] [Verb] from [Patient] Cynthia sipped from the drink [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] at [Source] Brian wiped at the counter Verbs of Removing: bail, dab, dust, erase, lick, pluck, prune, rinse, rub, scour, scrape, scratch, scrub, squeeze, strip, suction, swab, sweep, wash, wear, wipe [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Source] Brian wiped the counter | Carla shoveled the walk [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Theme] Barry Cryer erased the writing [Agent - intentional control] [Verb] [Theme] from / out / out of / off / off of [Source] Brian wiped the fingerprints from the counter | Carla shoveled the snow from the walk | Doug removed the smudges from the tabletop
- lexical domain: Consumption - verbs of eating and drinking
- more generic words: drink / imbibe = take in liquids
- draw something in by or as if by a vacuum
- attract by using an inexorable force, inducement, etc.
- be inadequate or objectionable
- provide sexual gratification through oral stimulation
- take in, also metaphorically
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- synonyms of suck: absorb / draw / imbibe / soak up / sop up / suck up / take in / take up
- more specific terms:
- give suck to
Alternative definition of the verb Suck
- [transitive] To use the mouth and lips to pull in (a liquid, especially milk from the breast). [definition from 9th c.]
- [intransitive] To perform such an action; to feed from a breast or teat. [definition from 11th c.]
- [transitive] To put the mouth or lips to (a breast, a mother etc.) to draw in milk. [definition from 11th c.]
- synonyms: (3
- [transitive] To extract, draw in (a substance) from or out of something. [definition from 14th c.]
- [transitive] To work the lips and tongue on (an object) to extract moisture or nourishment; to absorb (something) in the mouth. [definition from 14th c.]
- [transitive] To pull (something) in a given direction, especially without direct contact. [definition from 17th c.]
- To perform fellatio. [definition from 20th c.]
- [intransitive, slang] To be inferior or objectionable: a general term of disparagement, sometimes used with at to indicate a particular area of deficiency. [definition from 20th c.]
"Suck" es una película del 2009 escrita y dirigida por Rob Stefaniuk.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Robin Crumley & Jeff Rogers
- written by Rob Stefaniuk
- Malcolm McDowell as Eddie Van Helsing
- Iggy Pop as Victor
- Jessica Paré as Jennifer
- Paul Anthony as Tyler
- Rob Stefaniuk as Joey
- Mike Lobel as Sam
- Dave Foley as Jeff
- Henry Rollins as Rockin' Roger
- Carole Pope as Club Bouncer
- Alex Lifeson as Border Guard
- Moby as Beef
- Dimitri Coats as Queeny
- Alice Cooper as Bartender
- Chris Ratz as Hugo
- Barbara Mamabolo as Danielle
- Nicole de Boer as Susan
- Calico Cooper as Barmaid
- Danny Smith as Jerry
- Adam Kenneth Wilson as Vamp
- Anand Rajaram as Pill Popper
- Joe Pingue as Bouncer #3
- Chris Barry as Toronto Club Sound Man
- Rico Scuotto as Bouncer #1
- Janson Aslin as Bouncer #2
- Thalia Stefaniuk as Diner Patron #1
- Caleigh Barker as Diner Patron #2
- cinematography by D. Gregor Hegey
- edited by Michele Conroy
- music by John Kastner
- genres: Horror, Cult film, Musical, Horror comedy, Musical comedy, Comedy
- rating: 14A (Canada), R (USA)
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: suckthemovie.com
Phrases with Suck
Phrases starting with the word Suck:
- suck in
- Suck It
- suck up
- Suck Ass
- Suck Off
- suck out
- Suck Cock
- Suck Face
- suck into
- Suck Tits
- Suck Balls
- Suck it Up
- Suck Rocks
- Suck a Lemon
- Suck My Cock
Phrase ending with the word Suck:
Other phrases containing the word Suck:
View more phrases with the word Suck in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Suck
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Slam Dunks and No-brainers (2006)
Pop Language in Your Life, the Media, And, Like... Whatever by Leslie Savan
t— suck means lots of things, including fellatio, and is integral...
Rivers of Ireland (2003)
A Flyfisher's Guide by Peter O'Reilly
Gabriel Finn Main Street Roscommon SUCK, RIVER M6080 The River Suck is an extensive tributary system of the Shannon and drains large ...
Characteristicks of men, manners, opinions, times [by A.A. Cooper]. With the addition of a letter concerning design (1732)
by Anthony Ashley Cooper (3rd earl of Shaftesbury.)
Suck is the real Tragic k State, as the old J Tragedian represents it : 'Video meliora proboque. Deteriora J'equor. And thus the highest Spirits, and most refractory Wills, contribute to the lowest Servitude and most submissive State. Reason and ...
Clinical Management in Adults and Children by Michael E. Groher, Michael A. Crary
The term suck is a generic term to describe the organized expression of liquid from a nipple. Breastfeeding. Human milk is universally accepted as the best food for a ...
by Emanuel Swedenborg
Such as the Father is, suck is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit :" These words, in such case, are perceived thug : " Such os the Divine [principle j is which is called the Father, such is the Divine [principle] which is called the Son, and such is ...
by Romanes, George John
is a very variable feature both in fish and in mammals, whereas the giving of suck is an invariable feature among mammals, and occurs nowhere else in the animal kingdom. This, of course, is purposely chosen as a very simple illustration; ...
Volume Three: m- by Gábor Takács
“to suck”. G. Takács (1998, 143, #6) did ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Suck
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about Suck
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb suck:
Photos about Suck
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Titles Suck
Photo credit: kadluba
- Jesus saves, cops suck
Photo credit: Daquella manera
- Suck by Anish Kapoor
Photo credit: yellow book
- Suck blood or Smokes for sale.
Hey, is that security cop, Craig Sheffer? Many of the stars of Horror movies sell their autographed pictures at monster conventions.
Photo credit: kennethkonica
- ROCK SUCK GAY
"The Rock is on eleven, and the Suck and Gay are turned all the way down."
This is a screen shot from the "Making of Systematic Chaos" documentary that comes with the special edition of the Dream Theater release by the same name.
Photo credit: rick
View more pictures about People Suck.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Suck
Click on an item to play that video:
- Slang in English - SUCK
- Suck Meaning
Video shows what suck means. To use the mouth and lips to pull in (a liquid, especially milk from the breast).. To perform such an action; to feed from a breast or ...
- English Slang / Idioms: Suck Sucks This Sucks!
Follow Shaw English...
- Suck meaning and pronunciation
Not good. Bad. The early Jazz musicians would say that a guy could really "Blow" if he had a good sound when playing the horn. If he couldn't play very well ...
- ESL Vocabulary Words - Suck, Carpet, Checkered - Lesson 293
SCRIPT The boy is sucking on his thumb. The floor of the corridor is carpeted. The floor is checkered. Suck to hold something in your mouth and pull on it with ...
- "People Really Do Suck" | Meaning In Masterpiece
CLICK TO SUPPORT THE BAND & DOWNLOAD SONGS HERE...
- Suck off Meaning
Video shows what suck off means. To fellate a man until he ejaculates.. Suck off Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say suck off.
- Suck face Meaning
Video shows what suck face means. To kiss, especially deeply and for a prolonged time.. Suck face Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Suck At Something - Vocabulary Builder - ESL British English Pronunciation
- 7.English lesson. Slang. TO SUCK FACE | A WUSS | A BUN IN THE OVEN
- 3 A new meaning of suck and die
- Suck Sing: The Definition
- Suck blood Meaning
Video shows what suck blood means. To feed on fresh blood from living creatures.. Suck blood Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Suck!
Quotes about Suck
Scrabble value of S1U1C3K5
The value of this 4-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SUCK
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Suck!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Suck to see it in context!