The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb sulk:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun sulk
- Definition of the verb sulk
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sulk
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sulk
- Photos about Sulk
- Video language resources about Sulk
- Quotes about Sulk
- Scrabble value of S1U1L1K5
- Anagrams of SULK
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sulk
What does sulk mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sulks
- a mood or display of sullen aloofness or withdrawal
Alternative definition of the noun sulk
- a state of sulking.
Definition of the verb sulk
What does sulk mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: sulked | sulking | sulks
- be in a huff and display one's displeasure
Alternative definition of the verb sulk
- to express ill humor or offense by remaining sullenly silent or withdrawn.
- synonym: mope
- Sulk are an English psychedelic rock/shoegaze band from London.
- Sulk was a critically acclaimed Canadian pop/rock/dance music group featuring vocalist Sherrie Lea and producer/songwriter Blair O'Halloran. Sulk recorded 2 full length CDs and 1 EP.
Sulk is a thoroughbred racehorse and winner of the prestigious Prix Marcel Boussac in France.
Sulk is a fictional character from the 1964 film Muscle Beach Party.
- "Sulk" is the second studio album by Scottish new wave/synthpop band Associates. It was released in the UK on their own Associates imprint via Beggars Banquet Records and throughout the rest of Europe on WEA Records on 14 May 1982, and in the US on Sire Records on 4 October 1982. The album was first released on CD in 1988, but reissued on V2 Records in June 2000 with extra tracks. It stayed in the UK albums chart for 20 weeks, reaching number 10, and it was crowned the album of the year by the critics of UK music magazine Melody Maker. Although it was the group's breakthrough record both critically and commercially, it was to be the last album recorded by the original pairing of Alan Rankine and Billy Mackenzie, as just four months after its UK release Rankine acrimoniously left the band when Mackenzie pulled out of a planned North American tour at the last moment. Subsequent Associates albums were effectively solo records by Mackenzie, aided by hired musicians.
- "Sulk" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Sulk" is a musical album of Molly Half Head.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Sulk" is a musical single of Trust.
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sulk
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
QR, S Versability (2015)
by Roger J. Maderia
A sulk is a bad tempered silence. A silencer can quiet someone's gun. Splendor is magnificence and brilliance. Squalor is neglect and a mess. Stringency is strictness and severeness. Three Stooges are stereotypes for silliness. Spillage is an ...
Prose and Verse
JAMES LE MORE A Sulk is the state of mind in which it would be well if one were to speak more and think less. K. T. STEPHENBON A Catastrophe — What we fail to see past. A Misunderstanding — What we fail to see round. An Entanglement ...
Dictionarium Botanicum (1728)
Or, a Botanical Dictionary for the Use of the Curious in Husbandry and Gardening ... by Richard Bradley
We have some of this Kind ; the sirst hath its Stalk and L»s greener than the former; the Sulk is a little higher, but not bear- ing so thick a Head of Flowers, although much more plentisul than the lesser Mountain-Lilly, being altogether of a sine ...
Myths for the Twentieth Century by Robert J. Stoller
Moondi's sulk is a biopsy of Sambia ...
by National cyclopaedia
CAP 'SULK is the name given by botanists to a dry seed-vessel containing many cells and seeds, opening generally by valves. CAPSULES (from Eat. capsula, a little box), small vessels or cells, generally made of gelatine and sugar, used to ...
First Children's Dictionary (2016)
sulk of the Solar System. Sun Supersonic planes go faster than...
by Funk & Wagnalls Company
sulk. 1 sulk; 2 sulk. I1, vi.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sulk
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sulk
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Sulk
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Sulk!
Quotes about Sulk
We are equally glad and surprised at Winston's return to office. It shows that he was built for success that he should have declined to withdraw and sulk over a superficial failure. (Shane Leslie)
more quotes about sulk...
Scrabble value of S1U1L1K5
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine