Sure appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Sure, sir, the ship's sure shipshape, sir.
- She saw Sherif's shoes on the sofa. But was she so sure she saw Sherif's shoes on the sofa?
- She sells sea shells on the seashore.
The seashells she sells are seashells she is sure.
Sure appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sure, paper shahs repaper us.
- Rex, I made sure no toner used a mixer.
- Suneva, Nina is sure Russian in a Venus.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Usage statistics for the adjective sure:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective sure
- Definition of the adverb sure
- Other definitions of sure
- Phrases with Sure
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sure
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sure
- Photos about Sure
- Videos about Sure
- Quotes about Sure
- Scrabble value of S1U1R1E1
- Anagrams of SURE
- Share this page
The word sure is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective sure
What does sure mean as an attribute of a noun?
Sure is one of the top 50 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: surer | surest
- having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured
- examples: was sure (or certain) she had seen it | was very sure in his beliefs | sure of her friends
- synonym of sure: certain
- antonym of sure: unsure
- similar: confident / convinced / positive
- exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance
- certain to occur; destined or inevitable
- physically secure or dependable
- examples: a sure footing | was on sure ground
- similar: secure
- reliable in operation or effect
- (of persons) worthy of trust or confidence
- infallible or unfailing
- example: a sure (or true) sign of one's commitment
- similar: true
- certain not to fail
- example: a sure hand on the throttle
- similar: steady
- impossible to doubt or dispute
Alternative definition of the adjective sure
- Physically secure and certain, non-failing, reliable.
- Certain in one's knowledge or belief.
Definition of the adverb sure
What does sure mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
Other definitions of sure
What does sure also mean?
- Sure, a trading brand of Batelco, is a telecommunications company in the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, the Falkland Islands, St. Helena, Ascension Island, and the British Indian Ocean Territory. Sure is the largest tri-island mobile operator across the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- also known as Sure Mobile
- official website: www.surecw.com
- Sure is the world's leading antiperspirant deodorant brand manufactured by British-Dutch company Unilever. Widely known as Rexona, it is also marketed as Sure in the United Kingdom and Ireland, Degree in the United States of America and Canada, Rexena in Japan and Republic of Korea, and Shield in South Africa. It is sold in over 60 countries, and is the current market leader in the deodorant category.
- "Sure" is a single by British boy band Take That, released as the lead single from their third studio album Nobody Else. Released on 3 October 1994, it was a departure from their previous singles, having a more American, R&B sound compared to their previous, more pop/dance orientated songs. It was written by Take That's lead singer Gary Barlow with contributions from fellow band members Robbie Williams and Mark Owen. The song has received a silver disc certification and sold over 215,000 copies in the UK.
- "Sure" was the fifteenth single by the Japanese J-pop group Every Little Thing, released on February 16, 2000. It was used as theme song of the drama Virtual Girl.
- also known as Sure canción
- lyrics by Kaori Mochida
- "Sure" is a song written, produced and performed by American singer-songwriter-actress Deborah Gibson. An album track on Anything Is Possible, this song was paired with another track from the same album, "Stand Your Ground", produced by Fred Zarr for BiZarr Music Inc., for this single.
- "sure" is a musical single of Every Little Thing.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Sure" is a single by British boy band Take That, released as the lead single from their third studio album Nobody Else (1995).
- released on (21 years ago)
- "Sure" is a musical album of Incurabili.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Sure" is a musical album of Eriko Tamura.
- released on (22 years ago)
- "Sure" is a musical album of Monkeys With Tools.
- released in (23 years ago)
Sure a.k.a. Suré is a commune in the Orne department in north-western France.
- also known as 叙雷
- part of Orne
- surE is a gene.
- surE is a genomic locus.
Phrases with Sure
Phrases starting with the word Sure:
- Sure Up
- sure thing
- sure enough
- Sure of Oneself
- sure as shooting
- Sure As Eggs Is Eggs
Phrases ending with the word Sure:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sure
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
With Compton's by Britannica, Reproducible Masters Grades 6 and Up by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Written Presentation To prepare a written presentation, the first thing you should do is make sure your notes and outline are organized. Spread your note cards out. Read them one at a time, putting all the cards that refer to the same main topic ...
for Nurses and Healthcare Workers by Barbara F. Weller
You must make sure that any advertising you do is accurate. This document sets out the standards of conduct, performance and ethics we expect from our registrants. The standards also apply to people who are applying to become registered.
İNGİLİSCƏ - AZƏRBAYCANCA ATALAR SÖZLƏRİ LÜĞƏTİ by Abbas Gurbanoghlu
Sudden friendship sure repentance. Ela dost ol ki, dostlugunuz ömürlük olsun. Ela dost ol ki, özgaya/kimsaya boyun ati olmayasan, 152.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sure
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sure
Click on an item to view that photo:
Surly Rat Ride
Photo credit: Hagbard_
Photo credit: mistagrrr
Photo credit: masahiko
Photo credit: vandalog
- Sure aerosol can
Photo credit: renaissancechambara
Photo credit: mig rod
- Sure is pretty here
Photo credit: gregor_y
- In sure and certain hope
Photo credit: Free the Image
Photo credit: Ross Catrow
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sure
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sure Meaning
Video shows what sure means. Physically secure and certain, non-failing, reliable.. Certain in one's knowledge or belief.. Certain to act or be a specified way..
- Not Sure Explanation! LOL
- August 14: When there sure needs explanation...
- Creatures that sure understand the meaning of "play"
- Life sure is tough when you don't speak the language
- How to say "Sure" in Mizo language - Tutorial
Let's learn how to say "Sure" (Tehrengmai) in Mizo language with correct pronunciation through the free tutorial voice recorded from native Mizo speaker ...
- "Love In the Dictionary" & "Sure on this Shining Night" sung by Mezzo-Soprano Dorothy Daina Fischer
"Love in The Dictionary"- composed by Celius Daughtery "Sure On This Shining Night" composed by Samuel Barber senior recital 2013.
- Sure to and Surely for Future Prediction - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Daily Language Intermediate - Being sure
- SURE SUCCESS ENGLISH LANGUAGE CENTRE SUKKUR
- SURE SUCCESS ENGLISH LANGUAGE CENTRE SUKKUR.
This is gonna help you to improve your listening ang speaking power, gifted by: SIR ALI RAZA PATHAN.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sure!
Quotes about Sure
Scrabble value of S1U1R1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SURE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sure!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sure to see it in context!