On this page:
Definition of the noun swellhead
What does swellhead mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: swellheads
- a conceited and self-centered person
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of swellhead: egoist / egotist
- more generic terms: disagreeable person / unpleasant person = a person who is not pleasant or agreeable
- more specific terms:
- line-shooter / blowhard / braggart / boaster / bragger / vaunter = a very boastful and talkative person
- egomaniac = an abnormally egotistical person
- exhibitionist / show-off = someone who deliberately behaves in such a way as to attract attention
- know-it-all / know-all = someone who thinks he knows everything and refuses to accept advice or information from others
- megalomaniac = a pathological egotist
- miles gloriosus = a braggart soldier
- popinjay = a vain and talkative person
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for swellhead
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
'-'A swellhead is the damming effect on the water that the bridge and fills would have at the time of flooding, It is measured In feet of elevation. wmrr FOWL HABITAT --------- -- CONSTRUCTION. EXCEPTIONAL HABITAT ----------- --. 43.
British and American by Eric Partridge
bee swellhead. swell ken. A gentleman s house: 1842, An Exposure of the Impositions Practised by Vagrants; 1895, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for swellhead
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about swellhead
Video shows what swellhead means. An arrogant or conceited person.. Swellhead Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
Scrabble value of S1W4E1L1L1H4E1A1D2
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SWELLHEAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- HEAD SWELL
See also the blanagrams of swellhead!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of swellhead to find many related words and phrases!