Tabu appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun tabu
- Definition of the adjective tabu
- Phrases with Tabu
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tabu
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tabu
- Photos about Tabu
- Video about Tabu
- Quotes about Tabu
- Scrabble value of T1A1B3U1
- Anagrams of TABU
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun tabu
What does tabu mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: tabus
- a prejudice (especially in Polynesia and other South Pacific islands) that prohibits the use or mention of something because of its sacred nature
- an inhibition or ban resulting from social custom or emotional aversion
Definition of the adjective tabu
What does tabu mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands
- excluded from use or mention
- Tabu is an Indian film actress. She has primarily acted in Hindi films, and has also appeared in English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi and Bengali language films. She has received the National Film Award for Best Actress twice, and holds the record for the most Best Actress wins at Filmfare, with four. She was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2011.
- Tabu a.k.a. Bobby Darling is an Indian trans woman actress active in Bollywood and regional Indian films, celebrity, reality show participant, and model. Before transitioning she appeared in the Limca Book of Records for doing 18 roles as a gay man by the time she was 23 years old.
- read more about Bobby Darling (actress)
- Tabu is a musical group.
- albums: "Male nore ideje", "Tabu", "42 - o smislu življenja, vesolja in sploh vsega", "Lun(LaGun", "Hvala za ribe!"
- official website: www.t-a-b-u.com
- Tabu is a musical group.
- Rafał Karwot (Vocals) since
- Marcin Suchy (Guitar) since
- Kamil Machulec (Guitar) since
- Łukasz Kulikowski (Bass) since
- Kamil Wójcik (Drums) since
- Adrian Burczy (Keyboard)
- Marcin Nyrek (Trombone) since
- Kacper Skoneczny (Trumpet) since
- Radosław Drobczyk (Saxophone) since
- Jakub Kuznicius (Drums) between and (8 years)
- Dawid Krótki (Keyboard) since
- Marcin Wacławczyk (Keyboard) between and (4 years)
- Patryk Cyran (Saxophone) between and
- Karol Karwot (Guitar) between and
- Wacek Mitko (Trombone) in
- Patryk Brandys (Trombone) between and
- Piotr Kolaj (Bass)
- Dawid Suchy (Bass)
- Krzysztof Kłosek (Bass)
- albums: "Jednosłowo", "Endorfina", "Salut"
- official website: www.tabu.band.pl
- Tabu a.k.a. Tabú is a musical group.
- album: "Nada sin ti"
- "Tabu" is a 2012 Portuguese drama film directed by Miguel Gomes, the title of which references F. W. Murnau's silent film of the same name, Tabu.
- also known as Tabou, Tabú, San se oneiro
- countries: Portugal, France, Germany, Brazil
- languages: Portuguese Language, English Language, Polish Language
- producers: Sandro Aguilar & Luís Urbano
- executive producer: Luís Urbano
- production design by Bruno Duarte
- art direction by Silke Fischer
- written by Miguel Gomes & Mariana Ricardo
- Teresa Madruga as Pilar
- Laura Soveral as Aurora
- Ana Moreira as Aurora
- Henrique Espírito Santo as Ventura
- Carloto Cotta as Ventura
- Isabel Muñoz Cardoso as Santa
- Ivo Müller as Aurora's Husband
- Manuel Mesquita as Mário
- Cândido Ferreira as Pilar's Friend
- Luis Gaspar as Ventura's Nephew
- Paulo Amorim as Polish man
- Hortêncílio Aquina as Loador
- Joaquim Carvalho as Militar
- Bruno Duarte as Guitarist
- Duarte Caires as Friend at pool party
- cinematography by Rui Poças
- edited by Telmo Churro & Miguel Gomes
- costume design by Silvia Grabowski
- set decoration by Bruno Duarte
- location: Lisbon
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- rating: UK: 15, G
- released on
- official website: neppa.net
- "Tabu" is a 1931 film directed by F.W. Murnau, a docufiction. The film is split into two chapters, the first called "Paradise" depicts the lives of two lovers on a South Seas island until they are forced to escape the island when the girl is chosen as a holy maid to the gods. The second chapter, "Paradise Lost", depicts the couple's life on a colonised island and how they adapt to and are exploited by Western civilisation. The title of the film comes from the Polynesian concept of tapu, from which is derived the English word "taboo.
- also known as Tabu, a Story of the South Seas; Tabu: A Story of the South Seas; Kärlekens ö; Tabu - kiellettyä rakkautta; Tabù; Tabou; Tabu (Paramount-Fassung); Taboe
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: F. W. Murnau
- producers: Robert J. Flaherty & F. W. Murnau
- written by F. W. Murnau, Robert J. Flaherty, Edgar G. Ulmer
- cinematography by Floyd Crosby & Robert J. Flaherty
- edited by Arthur A. Brooks
- music by Hugo Riesenfeld, W. Franke Harling, Milan Roder
- genres: Romance Film, Adventure Film, Silent film, Drama
- released on (84 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a 2010 short comedy drama film written by Jean-Julien Collette,Jean Collette and Vincent Coen and directed by Jean-Julien Collette and Vincent Coen.
- country: Belgium
- language: English Language
- directors: Jean-Julien Collette & Vincent Coen
- producer: Laurent Denis
- executive producer: Roberta Wilson
- production design by Florin Dima & Daniel Gaviria
- written by Vincent Coen, Jean-Julien Collette, Jean Collette
- cinematography by Guillaume Vandenberghe
- edited by Bruno Tracq
- costume design by Joke Verlinden
- set decoration by Sergej Culumarevic
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Tabu" a 2012 short drama film written and directed by Bo Mikkelsen.
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- producer: Lene Børglum
- written by Bo Mikkelsen
- cinematography by Aske Foss
- edited by Bo Mikkelsen & Anders Refn
- music by Peter Kyed, Peter Peter
- genre: Drama
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Aquarium.
- also known as Табу
- released in (34 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Kombi.
- "Tabu" a.k.a. "Tabu!" is a 2003 musical album by Götz Alsmann.
- "Tabu" a.k.a. "Isiklikult" is a musical album of Eksotik, Rapresent, Terrace.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Stefan Waggershausen.
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Erik & Kriss.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Junkies.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Tabu.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Tabu" a.k.a. "Tabù" is a musical album of Remo Anzovino.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Tabu" is a musical album of Timoteij.
- released on
Tabu a.k.a. Tabu Ultra Lounge opened in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand in 2004 and closed in April 2013. It was a 3,300 square feet venue with a capacity of 350 people. It won the "Best Lounge" from Club Systems International's prestigious Club World Awards in 2004, 2005 and 2006, "Best Lounge" and "Best Bottle Service" by the 2009 Club World Awards, as well as the "Best Ultra Lounge – staff pick" by Las Vegas Weekly's "Vegas Best of 2009".
- read more about Tabu Ultra Lounge
- Tabu was an eight-part, Finnish sketch comedy programme produced and shown between 1986 and 1987. The series was produced for MTV3 by professional Helsinki actor-company Ryhmäteatteri.
- Tabu a.k.a. Elseng Language: Elseng is a poorly documented Papuan language spoken by about 300 people in the Indonesian province of Papua.
- read more about Elseng Language
Phrases with Tabu
Phrase starting with the word Tabu:
Phrases ending with the word Tabu:
Other phrases containing the word Tabu:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tabu
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Harry E Wedeck, Wade Baskin
TABU (TABOO) Tabusmay be used to prevent pollution or secure certain privileges. The tabu system is most highly developed among the Polynesians but exists or has existed among the Melanesians, Micronesians, Malays, Australians, and ...
by Luiz Moutinho, Graeme D Hutcheson
TABU SEARCH Introduction Tabu search is an iterative procedure for solving discrete combinational optimization problems. It was first suggested by Glover ( 1977) and since then has become increasingly used. It has been successfully ...
by Harry E Wedeck
TABU There are many tabus that condition the deportment, food habits, talk, gestures, postures of men and women and children among the Gypsies. One almost general tabu, recognized among the tribes throughout Europe, was that a woman ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tabu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tabu
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: NWY69
Photo credit: T'nello
Photo credit: Taylor Rosenbalm
Photo credit: T'nello
Illustration zum Tabuspiel "Evangelisch / Katholisch"
Photo credit: empeiria
Photo credit: drukelly
- Tabu Coke
Photo credit: indi.ca
Vessel Build Year 1940
Ship Builder CHRIS CRAFT CORP
Boat's Length 39.1 ft
Photo credit: s.s.minnow
- Tabu Bar
Scotch and soda. Not the best idea at that point
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Dan 202 - Nina (Tabu)
Dan 202 - Nina (Tabu)
Foto: Aleksander Remec
Photo credit: Val 202
- Tabu Grill
Photo credit: WOVOC
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Tabu
Tabu from Gambia Chants for Health (Local Language)
Attendants from the World Climate Conference in Qatar (DOHA) chant for seven global environmental and social causes. CHANT is a new global Foundation ...
View more videos about Tabu search.
Quotes about Tabu
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'tabu"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of T1A1B3U1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TABU
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tabu!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tabu to see it in context!