Definition of Tailback
What does Tailback mean?
- (American football) the person who plays tailback
- (American football) the position of the offensive back on a football team who lines up farthest from the line of scrimmage
- A line of motor vehicles caught up in traffic congestion; a traffic jam
- Tailback a.k.a. Halfback: A halfback, sometimes referred to as a tailback, is an offensive position in American football, which lines up in the backfield and generally is responsible for carrying the ball on running plays. Historically, from the 1870s through the 1950s, the halfback position was both an offensive and defensive position. In the related sport of Canadian football, halfback is a defensive rather than offensive position.
- Tailback can mean...
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tailback
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Leisure, Travel and Tourism (2009)
by A & C Black Publishers Ltd
tagliatelletagliatelle /tli|teli/ noun FOOD pasta in the form of long narrow ribbons tailbacktailback /teilbk/ noun ROAD TRAVEL a long line of cars held up by roadworks, an accident, etc. Because ofthe crash, there's a six-mile tailback on the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tailback
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tailback
Click on an item to view that photo:
One of Changi's two runways was closed that morning, leading to this rare sight of a take-off queue.
Photo credit: besar bears
Photo credit: scotty_k
Photo credit: fishbone1
Photo credit: quattrostagioni
- Tailback of team cars
The cars to the left (in the photo) are judges cars and "VIP" cars. Will got to ride in one of the VIP cars, courtesy of some very generous friends.
Photo credit: wfbakker2
- M11 tailback in the rain
Photo credit: Gribiche
- February 15th. Holyhead Road Tailback
Oh oh....it's the traffic chaos again!
Photo credit: amandabhslater
Scrabble value of T1A1I1L1B3A1C3K5
The value of this 8-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TAILBACK
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tailback!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Tailback to learn how to say it correctly!