On this page:
- Talas is a town in central Anatolia and a district of Kayseri Province in Turkey. The population of Talas city was 40,122 in 2000, while the district of Talas as a whole counted 60,925 people. It is located about 7km from the city of Kayseri.
- Talas a.k.a. Talas Region: Talas Province is a province of Kyrgyzstan. Its capital is Talas. It is bordered on the west and north by Jambyl Province of Kazakhstan, on the east by Chui Province, on the south by Jalal-Abad Province and on the southwest by a finger of Uzbekistan. It is basically a U-shaped valley open to the west. The northern border is defined by the Kyrgyz Ala-Too, which also form the southern border of Chuy Province. At the eastern end, the Talas Ala-Too Range splits off and marks the southern border. The Talas River flows through the center of the valley. The main highway enters from the east over the Ötmök Pass and goes down the valley to Taraz in Kazakhstan. Near the mouth of the valley at Kyzyl-Adyr, one road goes north toward Taraz and the other south over the Kara-Buura Pass to Jalal-Abad Province. Before independence most trade links were with Taraz. The historic Battle of Talas occurred here.
- read more about Talas Region
Talas is a musical group.
- albums: "If We Only Knew Then What We Know Now...", "Sink Your Teeth Into That", "Talas"
"Talas" is a musical album of Talas.
- released in (37 years ago)
"Talas" a.k.a. "Talaş" is a film, directed by Alican Abacı.
- country: Turkey
- language: Turkish Language
- released in
Phrases with Talas
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Talas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Missionary Herald (1874)
Talas is a large town, of some 15,000 inhabitants, containing five Greek and three Armenian churches and five Mohammedan mosques, and may we not hope for the day when, in all these places of assembly, the gospel of Christ may be freely ...
Suffering, Values, Lifestyles by Dieter Gerten, Sigurd Bergmann
Talas is a town in north-west Kyrgyzstan which is ...
The Silk Road Encyclopedia (2016)
by Su-il Jeong
“Talas is a wellfortified large city with lots of fruits and a dense population. It has a large trench and four gates. Many people reside outside the rampart. The road runs across the river and the central temple is located in the center of the market ...
by Bruno Nettl, Ruth M. Stone, James Porter, Timothy Rice
New trends in drumming Paralleling the movement toward different and more complex talas is a general movement toward increasingly complex rhythmic play (laykari). The solos of Ahmad Jan Thirakva, arguably the greatest tabla player of ...
Encyclopedia of China (2013)
History and Culture by Dorothy Perkins
Talas,. Battle. of. A major battle in751in which Chinese forces ofthe Tang dynasty (618–907) ledby Koreanborn General Gao Xianzhi (Kao Hsienchih) were disastrously defeated by Muslim Arab forces neartheTalas Riverinmodern Afghanistan.
Saptha talas : The seven principal Talas. (Saptha in sanskrit means seven). The seven talas are:DhruvaMatyaRupakaJhampaTriputaAtaEka SAR (Successive Approximation Register) : A type of analog- to-digital converter using a ...
Supplementary Volume: Recent Developments with Focus on Electronic and Computational Lexicography by Rufus Gouws
• talas vid tratar (o hablar) de un asunto • höra talas omna ̊got oır hablar de algo Example 16.5: Dictionary excerpt from Lexin. The above two articles shown in examples 16.4 and 16.5 display all the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Talas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Talas
This river starts in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan and winds down into Kazakhstan. The right side of the river is the city of Taraz.
Photo credit: upyernoz
Scrabble value of T1A1L1A1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TALAS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Talas!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Talas to find many related words and phrases!